Volunteer Falcons

they won`t let the falcons play with sling shots,but they will let goliath get away with everything.

We don't need to start making remarks like that. It's obvious who the better team is but that doesn't mean we can't go down there and play our hearts out and build on our performance. I assure you we won't be the only team that has to deal with that powerhouse this year. Just ask Swain Co. and Jeff Co.

Go down there and try to sneak up on em. You never know :unsure:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad effort last night against West. West was just flat out way better than we were (as they are way better than everyone around). We've gotta put the first 2 losses behind us; we play a team this week that lost to Davy Crockett in week one. First time Mr. Nelson has come to our field since the classless display of coaching in '04. A win will lead to more. I'm confident the shoe will be on our foot this time around.

So it's considered classless to win a game then keep scoring with 2nd and 3rd string in?

Obviously you were not at the game in '04 to make a comment like that. Yes, I would consider running Eades (East's big time QB from '04) back on the field after BOTH teams had substitued thier JV guys in late the second half to throw a quick 60 yard bomb to pad his stats against JVers; along w/ the fact that they called a timeout w/ 8 seconds to go in the game from the 20 yard line, for one last touchdown to go up by about 50 points classless. Not to mention the way that ALL their players hung out the windows of the buses yelling and screaming at Volunteer fans, and players after the game about how bad "we stunk." Coach Rider, or Venable would have never let that happen if it would have been the other way around. Bottom line is that Mr. Nelson does not teach character, and you cannot build a true football program w/o it. You cannot teach character when you have no character yourself.

Edited by sgoinseagle4life

Obviously you were not at the game in '04 to make a comment like that. Yes, I would consider running Eades (East's big time QB from '04) back on the field after BOTH teams had substitued thier JV guys in late the second half to throw a quick 60 yard bomb to pad his stats against JVers; along w/ the fact that they called a timeout w/ 8 seconds to go in the game from the 20 yard line, for one last touchdown to go up by about 50 points classless. Not to mention the way that ALL their players hung out the windows of the buses yelling and screaming at Volunteer fans, and players after the game about how bad "we stunk." Coach Rider, or Venable would have never let that happen if it would have been the other way around. Bottom line is that Mr. Nelson does not teach character, and you cannot build a true football program w/o it. You cannot teach character when you have no character yourself.

Actually, I was there. So I can make a comment like that. And you are getting fired up for no reason. I was just stating that 2nd and 3rd stringers were put in, which is truth. Anyways, that game was almost two years ago. Last year, was a decently close game because of defenses. You all played well, but you didn't "bring East off that high horse" as the newspaper said.

Actually, I was there. So I can make a comment like that. And you are getting fired up for no reason. I was just stating that 2nd and 3rd stringers were put in, which is truth. Anyways, that game was almost two years ago. Last year, was a decently close game because of defenses. You all played well, but you didn't "bring East off that high horse" as the newspaper said.

If you were there then you saw that Coach Nelson put his starting QB back in the game with like a 28 point lead, called timeout with I believe less than 20 seconds on the clock, and threw a 30 yard touchdown pass in the back of the endzone against mostly Sophmore 2nd and 3rd teamers. Nobody would have thought a thing if it had been a run play with a second string back who broke one. You can't tell your players not to score, it was just the way he handled it that was bad class. I heard it was because Nelson hated Dickie Jones, who was on the Volunteer staff at the time. Anyway, that's the way I remember it, but like you say that was two years ago so who cares now. Let's meet again on the field and see what happens. Hope both teams have an injury free night.