Volunteer Falcons

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all starts with the offensive line. Not picking on anyone but it looks like we are complicating things and no one knows their assignment, I know our linemen are capable of better blocking. Whether it is coaching or execution, only the team can answer that, I know the line is capable of better things. Defensively we look a little passive getting to the ball, wrong angles and high tackles that get broke for big gains. Mo East had a fabulous backfield that would be hard for anyone to contain but we have to get to the ball and stick em low, not high. Coaches got a lot to work on to salvage anything this season. Best start would be fundamental football and get away from all the complicated stuff, go back to the basics and give your QB a chance to read the defense. I don't think I have seen an audible all year. The freshman and JV teams a couple years ago wore nearly everyone out by reading and adjusting at the line of scrimmage. Defensively we have to play team ball and swarm the ball carrier. I still know you guys are winners you just have to prove it to the coaches and other fans. I have seen too many good things out of all of you. We also have too many guys playing both ways. I know of about three right off the top of my head that rarely get to come off the field and others that don't come off the field much. The first four games are history, learn from it and go get Central next Friday. Go Falcons!

It all starts with the offensive line. Not picking on anyone but it looks like we are complicating things and no one knows their assignment, I know our linemen are capable of better blocking. Whether it is coaching or execution, only the team can answer that, I know the line is capable of better things. Defensively we look a little passive getting to the ball, wrong angles and high tackles that get broke for big gains. Mo East had a fabulous backfield that would be hard for anyone to contain but we have to get to the ball and stick em low, not high. Coaches got a lot to work on to salvage anything this season. Best start would be fundamental football and get away from all the complicated stuff, go back to the basics and give your QB a chance to read the defense. I don't think I have seen an audible all year. The freshman and JV teams a couple years ago wore nearly everyone out by reading and adjusting at the line of scrimmage. Defensively we have to play team ball and swarm the ball carrier. I still know you guys are winners you just have to prove it to the coaches and other fans. I have seen too many good things out of all of you. We also have too many guys playing both ways. I know of about three right off the top of my head that rarely get to come off the field and others that don't come off the field much. The first four games are history, learn from it and go get Central next Friday. Go Falcons!

I second most of this, you guys know how to win you just need to DO it. This is

an 11 man game and if one guy lets down it affects the whole team you all know

that So PICK it up. Maybe coach needs to get tough, you need to show him you

really do know how to play. You guys surely do not want to lose FAN SUPPORT

and you will if you don't change the tempo of the games. STEP UP AND BE PROUD. We all want you to take charge.

I second most of this, you guys know how to win you just need to DO it. This is

an 11 man game and if one guy lets down it affects the whole team you all know

that So PICK it up. Maybe coach needs to get tough, you need to show him you

really do know how to play. You guys surely do not want to lose FAN SUPPORT

and you will if you don't change the tempo of the games. STEP UP AND BE PROUD. We all want you to take charge.

I think 32 needs to worry about football and stop playing on this thing......this has to be the worst Vol.football team ever and I have seen them all!!!!!!!!

I think 32 needs to worry about football and stop playing on this thing......this has to be the worst Vol.football team ever and I have seen them all!!!!!!!!

Who are you to tell me that this is the worst team Volunteer has ever had. Let me be the first to let you in on something, You dont know how intense practice is, or how hard we work. You have no right to say something that idiotic to me, saying I need to get off of here and play football. So what if im on here reading what ppl say about us? What does it matter to you? You need to think before you say anything like that to me. If you are to say something such as that and be a coward not to post your name.

Edited by Barlow32

Who are you to tell me that this is the worst team Volunteer has ever had. Let me be the first to let you in on something, You dont know how intense practice is, or how hard we work. You have no right to say something that idiotic to me, saying I need to get off of here and play football. So what if im on here reading what ppl say about us? What does it matter to you? You need to think before you say anything like that to me. If you are to say something such as that and be a coward not to post your name.

Hey guys this is not what this website is for. Panther Vet doesn't need to be picking

on one player and I doubt this is the worst Falcon team ever, I have seen them all

to and nobody has anything to brag about in the past 20 plus years Volunteer has

been in existance. When it comes to missed tackles and not knowing the plays that is another thing, when they do it in practice why can't the team execute when

they get in a real game. I have to give the coach credit he seems to care for you

guys but you don't seem to care about the team this is not an I or ME game it takes eleven men( and I do mean men) who will step up and get the job done.

Think how much better you would feel with a win. And only by playing as a team

can you get to that level. Forget the petty stuff and go out and win.

WaCo,

I think it all started when JaCo, "The Singing Mule", ate the rule book and choked to death in your arms on the Morristown field.

The image of you trying to revive him on the 50 yard line,, what can I say, it was breathtaking.

I know how much you loved JaCo. At that moment I knew you would have done anything to bring him back. I wish there was something I could say But we both know he's gone and there is nothing we can do.

So we move on,,, and try to learn from our mistakes and not live in the past.

In memory of "JaCo", The Singing Mule

WaCo,

I think it all started when JaCo, "The Singing Mule", ate the rule book and choked to death in your arms on the Morristown field.

The image of you trying to revive him on the 50 yard line,, what can I say, it was breathtaking.

I know how much you loved JaCo. At that moment I knew you would have done anything to bring him back. I wish there was something I could say But we both know he's gone and there is nothing we can do.

So we move on,,, and try to learn from our mistakes and not live in the past.

In memory of "JaCo", The Singing Mule

32 needs to take his angry out on the other team Friday night and start going to bed earlier instead of playing on the puter till 10:44 at night.He going to need his rest......and I guess the fans needs to take blame for a the 0-4 season,most of us have missed a practice or two this year.

Last time I checked practices were pretty much closed. Any coach worth his salt doesn't need to play "Daddy Ball." I think that everyone expects to lose instead of win sometimes, even the coaches. Not every week but sometimes. I still have faith in you guys and I know most of you by name. Need to stop picking on Barlow because I have seen him step up and take it to the defense more than once this year. He's got the guts so lay off of him. You can't single out any one individual player or coach, it takes a T-E-A-M effort to win ( or lose ) a game. You guys still have time to get things headed in the right direction and win a few games. Play hard and have some fun by winning. You got Central coming up and they are suffering the same as you right now. Go Falcons.