Volunteer Falcons

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard alot of encouragement over the last several years and I have heard alot of negative things and I'll admit I'm like most fans I have been on both ends of the scale. I don't think the normal encouragement is what this bunch needs. A foot in the hind end and some good ole fashion "Words of Encourage" from the staff and from their parents might be the ticket. This teams not playing up to their potential and something needs to shake em up. Hopefully tonight is when it starts.

We were a better team than North and a better team than East and I don't think MEast is 42 points better than us. I've seen Central play and we are more talented than they are. It's time to start beating the teams we should be beating and competing with the upper tier teams.

I picked you guys to lose. Please prove me wrong and I'll be the first to say I'm sorry.

GOOOOO FALCONS!!!!!!!

m east coulda scored 80 i know u cant be that bad but that nite worst class 4A team ive ever seen on a field

m east coulda scored 80 i know u cant be that bad but that nite worst class 4A team ive ever seen on a field

I've seen some bad teams at Volunteer over the years. This team is not anywhere near the worst I've seen. They have played that way at times but maybe that is changing. Only time will tell.

And if Justafan123 and the other person making comments about the MEast game are Hurricane fans they need to be more concerned about the tail kicking they are liable to get Friday than the trashing out of a team thats trying to build a competitive program. Just keep talking guys, As up and down as your program has been over the years, you may get a taste of the same thing someday.

GO FALCONS!!!

I've seen some bad teams at Volunteer over the years. This team is not anywhere near the worst I've seen. They have played that way at times but maybe that is changing. Only time will tell.

And if Justafan123 and the other person making comments about the MEast game are Hurricane fans they need to be more concerned about the tail kicking they are liable to get Friday than the trashing out of a team thats trying to build a competitive program. Just keep talking guys, As up and down as your program has been over the years, you may get a taste of the same thing someday.

GO FALCONS!!!

Way to go DandDD!!!! Everything you say is true. The Falcons are gradually

coming around and no one is saying they are a # 1 team but neither should]

people be trashing them . WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

GO FALCONS

Edited by Blue & Orange Fan 06

Things are changing for the better but it may be a slow process. One game at a time and we can win three or four or five games. I think all the Falcon faithful would agree that we need more participation in the way of more athletes on the team. Winning four or five would go a long way towards keeping the players we now have and adding a few next year. I know of about five students in the bleachers on Friday nites that could contribute if they would just play. I'm sure there are more.

Go Falcons!

wont be from churchill not for a long time

Turning a program that has only had one winning season into a winning program would be a tough task for any coach. I think Coach Rider is a fine coach and person and he works extremely hard everyday. He realizes the task at hand and is striving to accomplish that goal. I get impatient as much as the next fan. But I think if we can weather the tough times then the good times will be even sweeter.

I look forward to the days when we can talk about our team in the same sentence with the MWests and Greenevilles. Hopefully Friday night will be another step in that direction. I guess we will find out Friday.

GO FALCONS!!!

I think you guys should have wins over Sullivan East,Central,Davey Crockett,and Cocke County.With losses to Mo West,East,Daniel Boone,and possible upsets of North,Greenville,and rival Cherokee.That would make for a 4-6 to a 6-4 season, most likely 5-5.Your not a 1 or 2 win team, but the whole team has to believe that.5 playing hard while 5 or 6 play like whats the use don't work.5 don't beat 11, it takes all 11 giving it there all and believing on every play.Stop waiting for something good to happen to play hard as a team.Go out and play hard as a team and make good things happen..What i mean by that is you have a few that plays hard every play, but some will only play hard when something good happens.For a few min. they got all fired up and get with it but as soon as things kinda settle down or something goes against them they lose there intensity.Each player must be able to focus totally on his assignments while being able to trust the guy beside him is doing the same.The first step to being a good team is wanting to and believing you can be.You guys are better than this....