DB vs. Elizabethton

I don't know about that Art. DB should get the W, but scoring will not be a victory for this year's Cyclone squad. Both teams have excellant Senior and Junior classes from my old man's memory. DB, of course, has a larger class of both. This bodes well for DB in this game. Depth. This senior class of Elizabethton has had somewhat success vs. DB, but again, on paper, DB has the upper hand. In no way does a Betsy score mean success for the Cyclones.

I think both teams go into this game with quite a bit of respect for one another. Another good card in this game will be coaching philosophies. Good or bad, it may play a big role. Alot of the guys know each other from years past and regardless of your 'comment', they are each aware of the other's capabilities. It will be a competitive game and I'm sure both teams are looking forward to it just as us sideline coaches. Never know, maybe the Cyclones get two victories here with two scores? :thumb:

Breathe deep my friend and say hi to the Throps for me. Jo is a great athlete for the DB program and I know one over here that likes his game.

Now I'll head on out to the baseball field to wrap up another summer season.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a dream game for the Cow Towners. Hard to lose with a W or an L. If they play descently they are winners. :D If they allow themselves to get blown out of the water they are BIG LOSERS. :( If they somehow pull of a gargantuan upset, they open the state's eyes. B) Even a close game will be an eye opener. B)

If the Cow Boys form Betsy open up thier offense and have somewhat success, they will roll this season. If they keep the offensive doors closed it will be a long season for them. Interesting match up of two extemely talented senior classes. I agree on one thing for sure - DEPTH is in DB's corner in a big way.

GLee,

I hear the Throps say hi to the Smiths...Art gets into the D-B Indians and that is a great thing, supportive fans...D-B has them, Art is one of 'em...

When does Betsy get started?...helmets, and shorts for the Tribe tomorrow...how did your summer baseball end up?...will this be your last year coaching?...

Hey, there will be a good tailgate dinner over here game night...Broad Street Bar-B-Q is cooking...it is a fundraiser for the D-B Quarterback Club...all the Cyclone fans are certainly invited...I'll get you some details on the menu and stuff before the week is out.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Hey Skunk. Art is a good one. I always check out your teams threads and his info is good stuff. We all have to stand behind our young men. Yep, let me know about that BBQ........the good stuff I'm not supposed to eat but I'll be more than happy to throw some down with you guys. Good chance to 'rib' each other a bit.

Baseball ended this past weekend on an extemely good note (26-10). My wife tells me this was my last season, but I think I've got one more left........even if it is as a part timer?? I'll catch you up on it soon.

The guys are still on the weights and passing games. I think they go to helmets and stuff Wed. It is difficult to get any solid info from a 17 yr old. B)

Take care...

Went to the practice field for a few min. after work... Coaches coachin', Football Players playin'... that's a good thing. The Indians seemed fired while I was there... alot a chatter going on. I got my first look at #2 Marchez Barnes, not big, not skinny, he looks like he has a giddy up gear in him... smooth. G-Man has got something in the LB crew. One thing about this Indians team, may never line up against anyone smaller than them across the line, but will never face anyone as quick. I like quick... and then you have the Line Backers and the D-Backs.

No dis-respect to the Cyclones.. ever. I am a fan of Betsy and I love it when you guy whip the HillToppers, it's a highlight every time. The Elizabethon Stadium is really a great place for Football and you have a long and great tradition. I hope you go 9-1 in the regular season.

23 days till kickoff

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I understand D-B scrimmages Halls on Friday 8/4 @ 6pm @ D-B and Maryville @ 6:30pm on Thursday 8/10...scheduled to be at Maryville, but I was told last night it might take place @ Carson-Newman...that location may be just a rumor, will attempt to verify...

Roll Tribe Roll