White House/Smith Co Scrimmage

titans89

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WH's 1s 17- SC's 1's 0

WH's 2's 7- SC's 2's 0

Did not watch the freshmen play but a few plays. In all I was disgusted watching our team, I thought they were very, very, very, very SOFT!!!! White House is a very good team and played extremely well they converted alot of 3rd downs on us. They just really took it to us they pounded us and hit us in the mouth and our players tucked their tales' between their legs and took the beating the beating like an old dog would. They did not show what a SC team is supposed to play like today and that is physical and tough and we were neither in my eyes and the others around me. Good luck to White House this year and win it all!! Have a nice day!! :)

Agreed. It's bad when the other teams players are laughing so loud I could here them on our side. Offense is still struggling. We couldn't run (between tackles) or pass against them. Defense couldn't wrap up. Draw (QB and RB) absolutley killed us. Several times we ran past the ball carrier in the backfield. It was easy to tell who wanted to be there and who didn't IMO. I could say more but let's leave it at that. Have a Nice Day!! :)

Edited by originalSC3

WH's 1s 17- SC's 1's 0

WH's 2's 7- SC's 2's 0

Did not watch the freshmen play but a few plays. In all I was disgusted watching our team, I thought they were very, very, very, very SOFT!!!! White House is a very good team and played extremely well they converted alot of 3rd downs on us. They just really took it to us they pounded us and hit us in the mouth and our players tucked their tales' between their legs and took the beating the beating like an old dog would. They did not show what a SC team is supposed to play like today and that is physical and tough and we were neither in my eyes and the others around me. Good luck to White House this year and win it all!! Have a nice day!! :)

I agree with you oldsc7. You are right but it will get corrected. There is no doubt in my mind that is will cause of the coaching staff and our seinors.We are going to have a talk tomorrow about it so dont worry. Take my word for it.

I will be there. Should be a great scrimmage. Will it be played at the game field? Hey glover, are you still riding with me?

Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to teach class. From what I heard I'm glad I didn't go. I hope someone steps up in this senior class to lead this team!

I believe Smith County will be fine.... It appears that we will have a physical team and our QB looks light years ahead of last year.

The scrimmage appeared to be a blowout because we were able to convert our 3rd down plays.... That was probably the area Smith county needed to work on. Smith co was able to run outside and appeared to have some athletes.

Congrats to WH........ The effort was good and we looked to be willing to learn and I think we can be successful this year.

Yes, the score was very lopsided and we didn't play that well but we weren't dominated. The line of scrimmage wasn't dominated on both sides of the ball by White house. Besides a couple of draws, all their big plays were either outside or threw the air. Don't know what you watched Big Reid. Our O looked like it struggled because of a dropped pass, penalties and a miscommunication. We didn't have the ball much because they kept converting third downs on us. It didn't hurt that their coaching staff was taking away the post for them. Our timing is off a little but I promise there was blocks made by our line and our receivers. we didn't make the plays on second and third and long that a good defense has to make. That is basically the story of the day. ;)

Yes, the score was very lopsided and we didn't play that well but we weren't dominated. The line of scrimmage wasn't dominated on both sides of the ball by White house. Besides a couple of draws, all their big plays were either outside or threw the air. Don't know what you watched Big Reid. Our O looked like it struggled because of a dropped pass, penalties and a miscommunication. We didn't have the ball much because they kept converting third downs on us. It didn't hurt that their coaching staff was taking away the post for them. Our timing is off a little but I promise there was blocks made by our line and our receivers. we didn't make the plays on second and third and long that a good defense has to make. That is basically the story of the day. ;)

You have got to be kidding me. Are you implying that our coaches were taking away your post patterns on purpose? Looks to me that mistakes and your running backs running into each other may have been a factor. You said it best YOU didnt make the plays and WE did. We made the interceptions when we needed to and caused fumbles to stop drives.But for you to imply that where our coaches were standing had anything to do with the outcome is a joke and one of the most stupid excuses I have ever heard.It was just a scrimmage thats all, a glorified practice.No one will remember the score in two weeks. I believe SC will do just fine this year but not with excuses like these ;)

He never said it was purposeful. It's a scrimmage. Both coaching staffs stand behind their team the whole time. That's why I said we couldn't throw to the middle of the field. Yep....I know exactly what I watched. I saw people using their shoulderpads and helmets as catching devices. I saw no intensity. I saw SC getting out-physicalled. Can't help it when you're out atheleted but out worked is another thing. If you think SC was ready physically and mentally to get hit like they were told they would, then you don't know what you were watching. But one things for sure. It's NEVER as BAD as it SEEMS. I know it will get corrected. ;) SC has a good bunch of kids and a "GREAT" Coaching Staff. Smith County is "EXTREMELY" fortunate to have "BOTH"!!!

Help me out though OWLSRULE....WH would run between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down. Then on 3rd down they would run outside, a draw or a fifteen yard out for first downs. Is that Right? Just wanted to make sure that I didn't ride in a vehicle with oldsc7 for an hour and a half to not watch the right scrimmage. Although I did wonder when WH changed their colors to red and white. I never could figure out why SC had them funny colored orange helmets on either.

Edited by bigreid