Alcoa-Oak Ridge Scrimmage

allsports#1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a first time poster on here and I found about the site at work. I have known about it for a while and thought it was juvenile to do, but after yesterday I thought I would say a little something. I watched the scrimmage yesterday and Tank says it best. We were simply outplayed at every position. If Alcoa doesn't win the state in 2A it is a crime. They are going to go 15-0 mark it down, yes and even beat Maryville. They are physical, strong, fast, and they are disciplined more than any Alcoa team I have ever seen. I was embarassed as an Oak Ridger yesterday. They beat us so bad that their first team was doing sprints at the end of the scrimmage.

Quarterback played okay considering he was sacked 2009 times. The Offensive line couldn't punch a hole through a paper bag. They looked timid and Rae Sykes ate their lunch all day long. That got out of hand quickly. Maybe its a personnel issue because there were shades of success during the scrimmage. The receivers routes looked bad and they dropped some balls they should have caught. Our offense looked good on the first drive and that little fullback played with guts. He made a run that was simply amazing he must have broken 6 tackles, he just would not go down. He is all heart and tough as nails. I like him. Our offense needs some help here and there and some changes here and there and we should be good to go, but our defense is another story.

**** News Update ****

All major news networks report that Shiverdecker has broken free from the clutches of the Oak Ridge defense and continues to run untouched four his 4,000th touchdown of the scrimmage. Maybe the defense wanted to lull him in with some moderate success and then at the end of the scrimmage pounce on him for being overconfident. I don't know if the Cats are going to be the Darkside defense this year, but if they are open to a new name I've got it. The Swiss Cheese, there are more holes in that defense than a slice of swiss cheese. Number 14 looked tough yesterday he took a shot and got back up, he will be able to play. The secondary looks great, if running away from the guy with the ball is the objective, so all we have to do now is find a sport that the goal is to run away from the ball. The Venable kid was all that is advertised, he is quick, strong and flows to the ball well. Take him off the defense and Shiverdecker scores 3 or 4 more times. The guys are not ready right now. Alcoa is great and may be the best team in the state in all classifications, but Oak Ridge better figure something out soon or else the Dragons may make a game out of it.

I am a first time poster on here and I found about the site at work. I have known about it for a while and thought it was juvenile to do, but after yesterday I thought I would say a little something. I watched the scrimmage yesterday and Tank says it best. We were simply outplayed at every position. If Alcoa doesn't win the state in 2A it is a crime. They are going to go 15-0 mark it down, yes and even beat Maryville. They are physical, strong, fast, and they are disciplined more than any Alcoa team I have ever seen. I was embarassed as an Oak Ridger yesterday. They beat us so bad that their first team was doing sprints at the end of the scrimmage.

Quarterback played okay considering he was sacked 2009 times. The Offensive line couldn't punch a hole through a paper bag. They looked timid and Rae Sykes ate their lunch all day long. That got out of hand quickly. Maybe its a personnel issue because there were shades of success during the scrimmage. The receivers routes looked bad and they dropped some balls they should have caught. Our offense looked good on the first drive and that little fullback played with guts. He made a run that was simply amazing he must have broken 6 tackles, he just would not go down. He is all heart and tough as nails. I like him. Our offense needs some help here and there and some changes here and there and we should be good to go, but our defense is another story.

**** News Update ****

All major news networks report that Shiverdecker has broken free from the clutches of the Oak Ridge defense and continues to run untouched four his 4,000th touchdown of the scrimmage. Maybe the defense wanted to lull him in with some moderate success and then at the end of the scrimmage pounce on him for being overconfident. I don't know if the Cats are going to be the Darkside defense this year, but if they are open to a new name I've got it. The Swiss Cheese, there are more holes in that defense than a slice of swiss cheese. Number 14 looked tough yesterday he took a shot and got back up, he will be able to play. The secondary looks great, if running away from the guy with the ball is the objective, so all we have to do now is find a sport that the goal is to run away from the ball. The Venable kid was all that is advertised, he is quick, strong and flows to the ball well. Take him off the defense and Shiverdecker scores 3 or 4 more times. The guys are not ready right now. Alcoa is great and may be the best team in the state in all classifications, but Oak Ridge better figure something out soon or else the Dragons may make a game out of it.

Oh my gosh!!! You have dared to suggest that Alcoa may be the best team in the state. You have opened Pandoras box. Take cover , for the Red Rebels cometh. :)

Oh my gosh!!! You have dared to suggest that Alcoa may be the best team in the state. You have opened Pandoras box. Take cover , for the Red Rebels cometh. :thumb:

No we'll let the guy make a rookie mistake.

Congratz to Alcoa and good luck to Oak Ridge and the Tornados the rest of the year. Except for one Friday night ofcourse!