Blount County Jamboree

Tornado89

Guy's I'm Sorry I did not see this thread and I started another one but here are some of my thoughts.

Good turn out and some pretty good football was played at William Blount’s White Field. I think every team in Blount County and Greenback will make the play-offs this year.

I think Blount County football is in good shape overall with some pleasant surprises. Heritage has got some speed and the passing attack looked the best HHS has had in a few years by my recollection. I think Coach R is well on the way to turning the program around and I am happy to see it. Even the execution looked better and they will make the playoffs and surprise a few opponents.

Alcoa’s Cobb can throw the ball along way and I think he will improve hitting some very fast and dangerous targets this season; I think he looked like he had some stage fright but under Rankin He’ll do fine. I think Rankin has really got something good with his power I formation with the speed and power Alcoa has. Overall the team looked nervous at first going 3 and out but I expect them to really roll through the 2A ranks and win another championship.

William Blount needs to hold on the pumpkin and I think this was a problem last year as well. No one likes losing the ball on the goal line but I think overall WB will have to work and mature very fast to play in their region. I thought they had good size and the Walker kid can smoke! I do think they are 2-3 seed bound for the play-offs.

Greenbacks new coach looked like he has good things in store this year. Good luck to them.

Can’t say enough about my Rebels. Looked like GQ and company used the event to season some depth at all positions. Never thought I would see a quality team at any level execute so well changing QB’s, but GQ has it down to a science. Like always teams with Maryville on the schedule better be ready to step up and play or they will go down before the 3rd qtr so far they won’t be able to come back vs. a Gaylor defense. Maryville has some re-loading to do but make no mistake, they are the team to beat and look ready to grow into the task of defending their state crown.