Class 3A in the Midstate (2006)

Big Country

JAMBOREE'S:

Cheatham Co. vs Springfield (at Clarksville High)

Montgomery Central vs Clarksville (at Clarksville High)

White House vs Beech (at Gallatin High)

Gordonsville vs DeKalb Co. (at Lebanon High)

Week Zero Matchups:

Creek Wood at Sycamore

Pope John Paul II at Greenbrier

Pearl-Cohn at Glencliff

Station Camp at Northwest

Trousdale Co. at Macon Co.

Independence at Page

Mt. Pleasant at Giles Co.

Spring Hill at Marshall Co. (REGION 5-3A CONTEST)

Goodpasture vs Lipscomb (Clinic Bowl at Vandy on Saturday 8/19)

Edited by Big Country

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAMBOREE'S:

Cheatham Co. vs Springfield (at Clarksville High)

Montgomery Central vs Clarksville (at Clarksville High)

White House vs Beech (at Gallatin High)

Gordonsville vs DeKalb Co. (at Lebanon High)

Week Zero Matchups:

Creek Wood at Sycamore

Pope John Paul II at Greenbrier

Pearl-Cohn at Glencliff

Station Camp at Northwest

Trousdale Co. at Macon Co.

Independence at Page

Mt. Pleasant at Giles Co.

Spring Hill at Marshall Co. (REGION 5-3A CONTEST)

Goodpasture vs Lipscomb (Clinic Bowl at Vandy on Saturday 8/19)

I hear Sycamore is supposed to be good this year so CW vs. Sycamore should be a good match up!!!

I will start out by saying that the scoreboard operator better stay alert, possibly even ask for a $$$ raise, if he/she is working at the Mt. Pleasant-Giles Co. OR Spring Hill-Marshall Co. games.

"Gentlemen Start Your Engines" :thumb:

New scoreboard in Marshall County will now handle three digits in the scoring column !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:;)

In fact I like for just about all of those week zero games to be highly contested down to the wire contests. I think the only exception may be the Indy-Page game. Indy is a team on the verge of competing for big things at the 5A level while Page is a school that has been hit hard with loss of kids (to newly built schools in the area) the past few years. I've already stated on other topics how I believe the Spring Hill-Marshall & Mt. Pleasant-Giles games will be high scoring shootouts. I believe Godpasture-Lipscomb will be as good as always. Greenbrier is tough to beat at home and a very talented PJPII bunch might find out the hard way why I say that come Friday night. I think Macon's home opener will be very emotionally packed and they'll give defending 1A champion Trousdale a fight in a game where the memory of would be All-State/Senior football player Jonathan Hudson will be honored. Station Camp is a much improved team over last year and they are capable of going in and beating Northwest (who should also be better than they were last year). Pearl Cohn-Glencliff was a very exciting game last year and it should be the same this year (especially for the Firebirds who for the first time in 16 years will have a new head coach pacing the sidelines when football season kicks off this week).

I wonder about the Spring Hill-Marshall County game. Both teams seem to be better than they were last year. Spring Hill has the emotional advantage of having their head coach return from fighting overseas, and this being his 1st regular season game back. In addition, he is from Marshall County, so it is another type of homecoming. With that said, MC is playing at home in "The Jungle" and they are coming off beating a very good opponent, McNairy Central, in terrible weather last Friday. What do yall think?

Do you think emotion will counter playcalling and physical ability?

I wonder about the Spring Hill-Marshall County game. Both teams seem to be better than they were last year. Spring Hill has the emotional advantage of having their head coach return from fighting overseas, and this being his 1st regular season game back. In addition, he is from Marshall County, so it is another type of homecoming. With that said, MC is playing at home in "The Jungle" and they are coming off beating a very good opponent, McNairy Central, in terrible weather last Friday. What do yall think?

I think that the first team to score 40 probably wins. Why probably?????

It may take 50 :justwrestle:

It you remember, last year Spring Hill had the video of their coach from overseas before the game. Also, the last words he told them before leaving for overseas were ''Beat Marshall Co.''. I don't think emotions can play any bigger roll than that.