jeremy mcclain

Volsfan4eva

ive seen the guy do AMAZING things before, but only time will tell...he had an 85 yard TD run last year, and thats one (and like the only) thing gaston couldnt even say he did last year

im not sure if the wing T offense will hold him back or set him free

Edited by tdntn

I saw Jeremy McClain at the Smyrna scrimmage and I thought he looked rather small, I know size doesn't matter because Randall Tillery is 5'4 140, but Randall benches about 230, squating a good 350...but McClain looked like he didn't have any muscle to him. How is he in the weightroom? I've never seen the guy play, but we will see in less than a week.

P.S. The next Gaston is a Wolverine. Same size, same number, same speed.....

Edited by HSsportsfootball

HSsportsfootball and ftblfan, his clothes must have REALLY hidden his physique, dude is SWOLEEE (not very built up though), with SOLID numbers to match it. in the march weight lifting competition, jeremy finished with the highest total in his 148 and below weight class with 920. he also finished first for total pound for pound with a 6.3...he's been in riverdales "chief" weight club since he was a freshman (requires a 5.5+ lb/lb or 1050lbs+ total). and this is just of march, im sure his totals have jumped up by now

I'll just be happy if he has the grades and demeanor of Gaston. Gaston may not be one of a kind, but he IS an exceptional human being.

Jeremy is a good player in his own right and it does him a dis-service to compare him to others. He will make a name for himself in this region.

Jeremy 'if' you are reading this though I have just ONE piece of advice for you to copy from Gaston. Be sure to take the time and say Thank You to the ones that make it all possible. Your blockers! Gaston NEVER forgot that.

Gaston took hit after hit and had the body strength to do it. McClain doesn't seem to be a strong physically, but the kid can flat out fly.

ok...well he is not gaston miller..but trust me...compare the two in the weight room there senior year in HIGh SCHOOL McClain will be stronger..Gaston has him in speed and field awareness....McClain could do big things for riverdale, but he will need to improve more to be a gaston miller!!

I think McClain will be a good player this year. Don't know about being like Gaston, but he's still going to be a player.

BTW, speaking of Gaston...he's likely going to be playing in the Big House on September 2nd. Kid has looked good out there (I cover Vanderbilt for VandySports.com) and he's been getting a ton of snaps so far this preseason and the coaches are very confident in him.

I saw Jeremy McClain at the Smyrna scrimmage and I thought he looked rather small, I know size doesn't matter because Randall Tillery is 5'4 140, but Randall benches about 230, squating a good 350...but McClain looked like he didn't have any muscle to him. How is he in the weightroom? I've never seen the guy play, but we will see in less than a week.

P.S. The next Gaston is a Wolverine. Same size, same number, same speed.....

are you serious? he squats over 450, benches 265, and cleans 250