McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to ya'll the rest of the season.

AS for last nights performance our all-state receiver was not thrown too until the third quarter. And the passes he was thrown weren't top caliber. The quarterback

is young and has a lot of potential for next year. But as for this year were sunk.

we should of.... maybe we..... if we.... when they... oh, heck for the love of god

would someone grow a backbone and hit someone. heck hit the ref maybe he will stand still long enough for someone to zero in on him. the tires on our defense are off the rim. And we have a quarterback who only throws to the sideline and does that poorly. We couldn't hope to beat pillowville high with that team lastnight.

Oh sorry, pillowville doesn't have a high school but if they did we wouldn't have faired much better. maybe a coaching scheme on defense needs to change or our athlete's aint much punkin. Maybe things will change, but i don't hold much hope. Is there a 0 A league we can slip too cause this 1 A league aint for us.

There is too much standing around on defense. when the linebackers see its a run they wait for the runner to clear the line before they attack. and then they arm tackle, and he shakes em off and gains more yardage. on offense we have a new quarterback, who can be a darn good one, who has to make quick decisions because of no protection. alot has to change for us to get better. And i would not like to be at practice this week Comer is gonna be livid and he darn sure has a right too. The egg is off the muffin now this defense problem we have had the last couple of seasons needs to be fixed and i mean quick. here's hoping, im out.

Edited by Butchie

Well, I think the term rebuilding does not fit here. But I will agree w/ all of you. We got to many people not hitting anyone!! And I mean anyone!! I thought we showed signs of running the ball a little bit but the pass blocking was terrible!!

And was it me or did they kill us all night on the trap and QB keeper. And did we not only have 4 down lineman most of the night. Hello, put 5 or 6 in the box. Heck, they ran at will!!

Theme this week in practice should be: BTB!!! Back To Basics!

Contact, wrap and take down!! Fly to the football!!

We better get it straight for this week. The War Eagles come a calling and this is a money game!!

GET YOUR HEADS RIGHT REBELS!

Hey Duck and Bo, where we gonna park this week? :thumb:

Last year we didn't have a DEFENSE, but outscored most opponents. This year we have no DEFENSE and can't score. Do our coaches not think DEFENSE is important? Maybe we need to play some of the Freshmen at DEFENSE, as they did a good job last year. Once again DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McKenzie's offensive line can't block. The defense can't tackle. This problem did not begin this year. We have two former head coaches on staff. Are they not getting the job done, or are they not being ALLOWED to get the job done?

Well, I think the term rebuilding does not fit here. But I will agree w/ all of you. We got to many people not hitting anyone!! And I mean anyone!! I thought we showed signs of running the ball a little bit but the pass blocking was terrible!!

And was it me or did they kill us all night on the trap and QB keeper. And did we not only have 4 down lineman most of the night. Hello, put 5 or 6 in the box. Heck, they ran at will!!

Theme this week in practice should be: BTB!!! Back To Basics!

Contact, wrap and take down!! Fly to the football!!

We better get it straight for this week. The War Eagles come a calling and this is a money game!!

GET YOUR HEADS RIGHT REBELS!

Hey Duck and Bo, where we gonna park this week? :blink:

I just may park in front of my radio!!!! LOL. You are right of course and who knows how the parking thing will work out even though that was really weird Friday night!!!!! Apparently we don't need to do that again!!!!! I'm a tad superstitious I guess?!

I really don't know what to say about last Friday nite!!! For one, we didn't have a team leader step up and get the Rebels heads right!!! Actually, we only had 3 down all night on D. Check the film if you can!!! The first drive on offense we did well untill the last 4 plays............after that it was a jail break for Trenton. Crap, I don't even want to talk about it!! It was the worst performance I've seen from a Rebel team in 5-6 years. The film will tell the tale if they even watch it anymore!? You might be able to tell that I'm not happy with the Rebels play last Friday night by now----------------HUH!

Edited by duckman38201

I to am superstitious. So we will not be parking anywhere close this Friday. I may even walk!

I agree. That is the worst performance I can rember seeing since I have been here. No desire or heart! Somebody does need to step up and be a leader. Did you read mckenzierebels.com. Apparently, French, Merrick and a couple others stepped up and called it what it was. "We jacked around in practice......" That was enough said right there for me. We need someone to step up and kicks someone in the #### when they are walking and not getting it done ever play.

I will tell you something else that just really got to me. At half time, we walked 1/2 way off the field. Burned me to no end! I guess the old coach is coming out so I will end there before I say things I shouldn't. Lets put this one behind us and get ready to go Eagle hunting.

I just may park in front of my radio!!!! LOL. You are right of course and who knows how the parking thing will work out even though that was really weird Friday night!!!!! Apparently we don't need to do that again!!!!! I'm a tad superstitious I guess?!

I really don't know what to say about last Friday nite!!! For one, we didn't have a team leader step up and get the Rebels heads right!!! Actually, we only had 3 down all night on D. Check the film if you can!!! The first drive on offense we did well untill the last 4 plays............after that it was a jail break for Trenton. Crap, I don't even want to talk about it!! It was the worst performance I've seen from a Rebel team in 5-6 years. The film will tell the tale if they even watch it anymore!? You might be able to tell that I'm not happy with the Rebels play last Friday night by now----------------HUH!

I to am superstitious. So we will not be parking anywhere close this Friday. I may even walk!

I agree. That is the worst performance I can rember seeing since I have been here. No desire or heart! Somebody does need to step up and be a leader. Did you read mckenzierebels.com. Apparently, French, Merrick and a couple others stepped up and called it what it was. "We jacked around in practice......" That was enough said right there for me. We need someone to step up and kicks someone in the #### when they are walking and not getting it done ever play.

I will tell you something else that just really got to me. At half time, we walked 1/2 way off the field. Burned me to no end! I guess the old coach is coming out so I will end there before I say things I shouldn't. Lets put this one behind us and get ready to go Eagle hunting.

For u players who could be reading this, please understand when we ask for someone to step up and hit someone actually we mean all of u. But when one player starts hitting it usually becomes a snowball and everyone feeds off it and begins to play better. It seems that our players are counting on someonelse to make the play instead of following it up. We need to get motivated guys, the defensive scheme is probably a good one, but without a leader on the field its mute. So someone needs to take charge.

For u players who could be reading this, please understand when we ask for someone to step up and hit someone actually we mean all of u. But when one player starts hitting it usually becomes a snowball and everyone feeds off it and begins to play better. It seems that our players are counting on someonelse to make the play instead of following it up. We need to get motivated guys, the defensive scheme is probably a good one, but without a leader on the field its mute. So someone needs to take charge. And don't read this and think I hope someone will, heck let it be u. guys are stinking up the place with ur lack of effort. I hope it was as embarassing for u to play that sorry game as it was for us to cheer u on in ur lack of effort.

OK ya'll what are we looking at with the Rebels this season? How will we look against the top teams of region 7A? I'm thinkin' that Lake Co. is our biggest challenge. What about West Carroll, Union City, etc.. How is Carr looking running the Rebel offense?

It ain't that long untill the season opens up so lets get some talk going!!!!!!

As a Lake Countian, and a player we certainly are going to try to be your biggest task. Good luck to yall and your season.