McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

IM PROUD TO SAY MY SON WEARS THE NUMBER 1 FOR THE REBELS AND IM SO DANG PROUD OF HIM. so if u see me on the far end of the field by the band with my 80 yr old dad come say hey.

Welcome aboard Mr. Bugs!!! Hope to see some more spirals headed at #1 in the next few weeks!!! He's a good 'un!!

Congrats to him on the hard ball ring too!!

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Mr. Bugs!!! Hope to see some more spirals headed at #1 in the next few weeks!!! He's a good 'un!!

Here is a very heartfelt thanks. And thanks to all Bugs teamates who without he wouldn't be him. And accomplishments should be considered s team accomplishment. And send those kicks to him, i'm enjoying the excitement the rebels are showing. GO BIG RED!!!!

Here is a very heartfelt thanks. And thanks to all Bugs teamates who without he wouldn't be him. And accomplishments should be considered s team accomplishment. And send those kicks to him, i'm enjoying the excitement the rebels are showing. GO BIG RED!!!!

Well, the Rebels looked great tonight as was expected against a struggleing team from Greenfield. The Rebels were very sharp on both sides of the ball. Good effort guys!!

Huntingdon struggled with Dresden tonight winning eventually by a score of 14-0. Of note, Union City also had a tough time getting Gleason under control it sounded like. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!?

Nawwwww, I'm not predicting anything ahead for the Rebels in some big upcoming games we are looking at but, we should have proven to ourselves that we can play with any team on our schedule!!!!!! Our only L was to Trenton and they only lost by 1 pt. to Humboldt tonight so they are a very decent 2A team with that being their only loss so far!!!

Rebels, ya'll have been fun to watch so far this season. Keep it up!! We are behind you----the 12th man so to speak! There is nothing ahead of ya'll this season that hard work, execution, desire and an attitude of a winner won't overpower!!

Dear Sam Jones this is a short letter with no pun intended. True Drew had heck of a season. And my son was a direct receipient of that to the tune of 1109 yards.

but enough is enough about last season. We only had one true weapon last year and that was the offense. It was hurry to score and let the defense try to hold so we could score again. We hoped they would trip or something cause our defense was non existent. So I guess we did as good as we could. Last year we needed no running game. no one could match our offense in 1a football. And that is not a bold statement we just couldn't stop anyone. So wether we ran or threw we just tried to do what we did best score quick and hoped they made a mistake. And if u were from mckenzie u would applaud our efforts. Now true a balance offense is good against teams with good defenses. And Keegan woulda had a better season had we not went to no backs. So if aunt alice had b-lls she woulda been uncle Bud.

I agree with most of what you said except that no 1A school could match your offense last year. I believe the Lake County McKenzie score proves you wrong on that. Rebels 54 Falcons 53 with a failed 2 pt conversion with no time left in the game. Sound like a pretty good match up to me. No doubt, McKenzie had a hot offense but so did Lake County. We had over 500 yard rushing and the rebels over 500 passing in that game. No doubt McKenzie won 54-53 but Lake County's offense was right up there with a hot McKenzie offense and we look forward to your trip to Tiptonville where we expect another shoot out. In the meant time we are looking forward to your match up with Union City. We let that one slip away after a 21-0 lead at the half.

I agree with most of what you said except that no 1A school could match your offense last year. I believe the Lake County McKenzie score proves you wrong on that. Rebels 54 Falcons 53 with a failed 2 pt conversion with no time left in the game. Sound like a pretty good match up to me. No doubt, McKenzie had a hot offense but so did Lake County. We had over 500 yard rushing and the rebels over 500 passing in that game. No doubt McKenzie won 54-53 but Lake County's offense was right up there with a hot McKenzie offense and we look forward to your trip to Tiptonville where we expect another shoot out. In the meant time we are looking forward to your match up with Union City. We let that one slip away after a 21-0 lead at the half.

Lake County did match McKenzie's offense last year as did Union City and JCS. Honorable mention goes to Gleason who scored 40 points on the Rebels.

This is a very different McKenzie Rebel team this season. So far our defense is playing VERY well. With some big games coming up in the next few weeks we'll see how they hold up but, they have been great so far.

Our offense is still capable of scoring a lot of points in a hurry but, you can't sit back and defend the pass every play now. You never know where the Rebels are going next and the offense is clicking on all cylinders. Even ouir special teams are getting the job done well which was a weak spot last season.

Yep, we're a very different team this season!!!! A lot of people are going to be surprised at how much different/better this Rebel team is this season. The only team that has stopped us and moved the ball regularly against us is Trenton and they have done that to several good teams so far this season. Their only loss was by 1 pt. to a very good Humboldt team last Friday night.

Our depth at the skill positions might be suspect but, I'm not sure those kids won't step up if needed to and go the distance. When you prepare to play these Rebels you had best bring your A-game!!!

i'm glad u did mention that we won that game. But u have to remember we were talking about the rebel defense. Which didn't come to but one game last year the manasas game. U lake countians had a great team, and the only way we could stay in the game was to no huddle and let the ball fly. Sam jones said we was chasing a title for Drew. But he was missed informed. And yall did match up pretty close but u did lose as u will when we come to your town this year.

i'm glad u did mention that we won that game. But u have to remember we were talking about the rebel defense. Which didn't come to but one game last year the manasas game. U lake countians had a great team, and the only way we could stay in the game was to no huddle and let the ball fly. Sam jones said we was chasing a title for Drew. But he was missed informed. And yall did match up pretty close but u did lose as u will when we come to your town this year.

That is what is killing me about people talking about last year. It wasn't anyones offense matching ours (except Huntingdon). It was our defense could not stop anyone. I mean when Gleason puts 40 on the board against you, you don't have a defense. You give me this years defense on last years team. Lake Co game isn't even close. And I would also probably say that the UC game is closer.

I am glad u are so confident about McKenzie beating Lake Co this year. You and the rebels will find beating the falcons in LC will not be very easy at all.Don't let the lose to UC fool you.LC will be more than ready when the rebels come to town.Good luck to the rebels and we will see you Oct.13th.By the way your defense has only been tested one time this year and you lost.I do believe Dresden had over 250yds rushing and over 100 yds passing and they are 1 and 3. I said all of that to say this. The rebels nor the falcons have beat a good team this year.

Through the first 4 games the rebel defense has givin' up 83 points.In 05 through the first 4 games the rebel defense give up 69 points against the same opponents.The rebels will find out how much improved their defense is in the next 4 weeks as you play Huntington,Bruceton,Union City and Lake County.I am really hoping the rebels can beat Union City then the Oct 13 game will be for the region championship barring any upsets. I like debating football with the Mckenzie fans because ya'll are very supportive of your team and very respectful of your opponents.Good luck to you the rest of the year except on Oct 13.

Through the first 4 games the rebel defense has givin' up 83 points.In 05 through the first 4 games the rebel defense give up 69 points against the same opponents.The rebels will find out how much improved their defense is in the next 4 weeks as you play Huntington,Bruceton,Union City and Lake County.I am really hoping the rebels can beat Union City then the Oct 13 game will be for the region championship barring any upsets. I like debating football with the Mckenzie fans because ya'll are very supportive of your team and very respectful of your opponents.Good luck to you the rest of the year except on Oct 13.

Unlike last season several of those points given up this season thru 4 games was against our "B" defense or our freshmen though. Dresden in fact does have a decent team but, terrible luck at best. They only lost by 6 and 7 points against Humboldt and OCCHS. And they lost by 14 to Huntingdon who scored one of those TD's late in the 4th qtr. without Hewitt playing for them. Against McKenzie, Dresden did put up some good offensive #'s but, the Rebel defense only allowed them to cross that last line 1 time in the second half. The Rebel defense didn't play well at all against Trenton in the first game of the season. They weren't doing much of anything right that night and it showed in the score. That one game is a lot of the difference in points allowed from last season to this one.

Since then our defense has waken up and is playing now better than I have seen them play in several seasons. On offense, our O line has turned up the heat considerably, our receivers have stepped up to the need and we have some very competant RB's on the field now. In short, this is IMHO a better overall, well balanced team than we had last season. They are capable of playing a much better game week in and week out than last season.

You are very right that the next 4 weeks will tell us exactly where the Rebels are as far as improvement though. That's going to be a brutal 4 weeks to string together. I only hope we show up at Tiptonville with still only 1 loss!!!! I'm not making any predictions there but, it could well happen!! Good luck to the Falcons untill the 13th!!