McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

McKenzie vs Bruceton

Friday was yesterday, it's now time to watch the game film and prep for the game against the Tigers. Regardless of how bad we beat the Mustangs at Paul Ward during their Homecoming, that should all be put behind them now and they need to focus on the upcoming game. Bruceton, Union City, and Lake Co. all in that order of the next 3 weeks.(I think) These next 3 games will determine if they are the state bound team that I hope they are.

GO REBELS!!!

Welcome to the McKenzie Rebels fan base NightmareDemon. Glad to have another fan in the group.

I agree.......I'm ready to focus on the rest of our schedule. Can we do it? Uhhh.....yeah, we most certainly can. Last night proved that to the team members, the fans, the haters, and the whole state!

One game at a time guys......study the films, play as hard as you can, win with pride, and celebrate the accomplishments you created! We've been here since the beginning Rebels, and we'll be here to the end for each and every single one of you!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the Rebels will be focused on their job ahead at practice Monday. But, this win last night is worth a weekend of enjoying for the players, coaches and fans. Starting Monday the Central Tigers are the only focus Rebels!!!

Butchie, I too think that Tyler is a very strong force on the team. He's been a good one for the Rebels!!!! That boy can flat play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Personally, I try not to focus on one or two players myself. It takes 11 at a time on the field playing like a team to get it done and that is what the Rebels do every Friday night!!! Beginning with the West Carroll game I have seen nothing short of a total team effort from the Rebels and that is what it's gonna take to go deep in the playoffs.

I'll also concur that McKenzie is starting to develop an athletics pride and tradition like some of our neighbors have had for a lot of years now. It's not just with football either. Our trap teams are some of the very elite in the country. Our baseball team spoke for themselves and the football Rebels are speaking now. The last 8-10 seasons in football for us have been pretty successful and we're startin' to learn how to be a GOOD program now!!!

I saw a lot of us old Rebels in the stands last night who probably enjoyed that win as much as the players were enjoying it. The last time the Rebels beat Huntingdon in Huntingdon (I believe this is right?) was in 1963 and guess what------------it was their Homecoming that night too. I played on that team. I talked to a couple of others last night who were on that team and I thought we were all gonna have to cry or hug or do something equally embarrassing right there in front of every body. We won out in '63 after that game but, we sure enjoyed that weekend!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody knows that Chris Donald is in a class all by himself. Jax sun has their picks but after high school their football was pretty much over or non existent on somebody's team somewhere. Hayes got a lot more media coverage and a lot of it was hype. Heard he's not anywhere near even 2nd string QB at bethel. Rebels may be ok in 1A but take any of em to a different level and their only average. Do you really think kids like bugs, and other rebels can play at the next level? To me the kicker on the rebels that went to Vandy deserved a lot more credit than anybody gave him. Look where he is now. You hardly even read about him other than his stats. where was the jax sun then or even the mckenzie banner fo r that matter.

Where ya' at today Sam????????? I really figured you'd want ot drop by and talk some Carroll Co. football with us today!? Funny thing but, the Jackson Sun didn't have much to say about the game last night. If your thinking was accurate it would have been a half page article.

PS----I'm man enough to say this much, Donald played his heart out last night as did 'lil Weathers, Crocker and a few other Mustangs. That was just another classic ballgame that has been played at Paul Ward Stadium. You can't win 'em all Sam!

Could Huntingdon not find someone better to schedule for homecoming I mean that woud be like us scheduling Humboldt.

Honestly, Huntingdon was living in the past untill about 11:00 last night!!!!! That's when reality checked in for 'em. Actually, on paper we were the natural choice for their homecoming. Maybe Gibson Co. would have been a better choice for them???? Most folks didn't realize that the Rebels were expecting this kind of team this season. We've been building to this team for several seasons now. I'll sure hate to see these seniors go. And I'll be in the stands supporting the Rebels next season too because we are learning how to have kids step up and fill the gaps left by those seniors now!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Welcome to the McKenzie Rebels fan base NightmareDemon. Glad to have another fan in the group.

I agree.......I'm ready to focus on the rest of our schedule. Can we do it? Uhhh.....yeah, we most certainly can. Last night proved that to the team members, the fans, the haters, and the whole state!

One game at a time guys......study the films, play as hard as you can, win with pride, and celebrate the accomplishments you created! We've been here since the beginning Rebels, and we'll be here to the end for each and every single one of you!

Thanks for the greets there Bohica. I'm sure alot of you guys have known me for a long time, but you aren't sure as to who sits behind the name, just like the rest of you fellow Rebel fans. Needless to say, I've been a Rebel since the second I was born. =) Through thick and thin, I've been cheering em on, even when we're down 35 points.

I can just about guarantee that the momentum from the Huntingdon game will carry over into the Bruceton game. And in all honesty, I would love to see that same momentum carry over throughout the rest of the season.

I cant understand what's going on with Huntingdon. I'd heard that the new weathers was supposed to be a very good player. Crocker's a 3 year starter at QB and I won't even mention Donald's resume. What's the deal?

H-town is a little weak on the line on both sides of the ball compared to the past. Their secondary is also suspect against good receivers. Two or three players can't do it all for a team. It takes 11 of 'em to get it done but, you know that.

They didn't GIVE us all night to throw we TOOK it. their secondary was beaten by the same receivers we had last season. Personally, I think they were outcoached last night. The Mustangs weren't in as good of shape as we were and in the end they paid for it!! In the 4th qtr. our running game put it away for us. I can't remember when we could run at will on Huntingdon before last night!!

make yourself known. email me at fbtimeintn@yahoo.com I bet you know who I am also.

Thanks for the greets there Bohica. I'm sure alot of you guys have known me for a long time, but you aren't sure as to who sits behind the name, just like the rest of you fellow Rebel fans. Needless to say, I've been a Rebel since the second I was born. =) Through thick and thin, I've been cheering em on, even when we're down 35 points.

I can just about guarantee that the momentum from the Huntingdon game will carry over into the Bruceton game. And in all honesty, I would love to see that same momentum carry over throughout the rest of the season.

H-town is a little weak on the line on both sides of the ball compared to the past. Their secondary is also suspect against good receivers. Two or three players can't do it all for a team. It takes 11 of 'em to get it done but, you know that.

They didn't GIVE us all night to throw we TOOK it. their secondary was beaten by the same receivers we had last season. Personally, I think they were outcoached last night. The Mustangs weren't in as good of shape as we were and in the end they paid for it!! In the 4th qtr. our running game put it away for us. I can't remember when we could run at will on Huntingdon before last night!!

Wow, u guys are real fans of ur team. They win and man they r heroes, They lose and it's time to string em up. Huntingdon will bounce back from this. They r still the gatekeeper to the playoffs. But, give some credit to a bunch of guys who've been working thier tails off since our last 48-0 fiasco. GO GET EM REBS RUN THE TABLE.