McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

You got me wrong. i think john kermit is a great athelete that just didn't get what was due him from the media. hayes got lots and lots of attention. he is talented but it's funny; HOlland was QB when rebels beat Huntingdon. The whole hayes high school career never beat huntingdon and now with a lot of the same players but a new QB you beat huntingdon again. lots of people on lots of teams are talented and don't get what they deserve. others just get lucky i guess or is it who you know?

Dang Sam that was an interesting post, maybe i do have u wrong but i'm not taking ur side either, I will agree alot of kids go un-noticed but John Kermit got alot of press. Not as much as Hayes but look at Hayes he was rewriting the record books and John was an excellent talent who was a kicker. But, listen to me when I tell u this last season was not about Hayes and setting records. All we had last yr was a passing and a kicker no defense at all. This yr the defense is better. But get this now it's the same scheme as before just our kids have grown into it. Last yr the only way we could win was to score and score quick and hope the other team did something to help us. We couldn't help ourselves. It has nothing to do with who u know. But, the attention drawn by Hayes will eventually help other people on our team get noticed wait and see.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Well, Well, Sam Jones I thought the last berating of u woulda done it but, I guess ur back for more. And funny u should mention living in the past through our kids, seeing as how ur so jealous of athlete's like Drew, John Kermit, and ole no.1. It was pleasant not to read the stupid thoughts that u possess. Come back in here in three weeks by then the region will be decided. But until then hush, ur ignorance is distracting.

only reason i replied was butchie's comments. Not trying to berate anybody. If you read what i said you'd see i said they're all talented. he's the one who brought it back up. and as far as the jaxson sun goes you better check again. rebels were on lots of front pages of the sports sections last season. even when they were losing.

Im pretty sure that the Mustangs "tagged" the REBELS with 60+ in the late 90's (maybe 98) - That was the year the REBS showed up in Htown with their faces painted up like pumpkins right around Halloween. That was the coach right before Comer was going to introduce Mansfield and Huntingdon to his version of high school football. Who was the teacher that night???? The REBS are the real deal this year. The Stangs just lost.. It happens!!!!

DONT BURN BRIDGES!!!! You may need to cross them on your way back...

It is time for the REBS to enter into the level on where Huntingdon and Bruceton have already been: STATE CHAMPIONS - STATE RUNNER-UPS (twice)

We are glad to see another Carroll County school play up to this level.. (wait a minute??)

The Rebs have a long way to go for that....... There are several Class A teams to get by: Fayette Acad. Jo Burns (JCS - We know what they did last year.. Whew!! That was a butt-kicking!!!!! Then after you beat those three, you have to beat Trousdale... Yeah right... NO GOLD BALL this year. Maybe a silver but thats pushing it!!!!!

Win and lose with grace, dont bash kids, towns, and coaches. Just enjoy success when you have it and pursue it :D when you dont.....

TigerBenchPress,

Thanks for your insight into all this. We do win OR lose with grace for starters. Every team in this area feels the way we did last Friday night when they walk out of Paul Ward Stadium as a winner over the Mustangs!! That speaks volumes for the football program at H-town.

The Rebels are very aware of what lies ahead of them this season. The others best be ready too. It's gonna be a fight to the end into the playoffs. Most of these rebels were in the game at JCS last season so they know what the deal is and so do the fans. You can add TCA to the list this season as well.

There is one thing that everyone else needs to be aware of. This group of Rebels isn't living in the past and getting intimidated by the past!!! They are determined to write their own history and working hard to do just that. I'm thinking these Rebels have their eyes on the prize and McKenzie has enogh deep playoff history to know what it takes in the end. I don't know if these Rebels can get the job done but, every one of us true fans will be right there every step of the way with 'em!!!

Next time just ask for the most aggrivating, contrariest band parent there and everyone will know who you are talking about

U know Shelley, alot of parents like u do the things u do and go un-noticed just like the ones here in Mckenzie. Without the effort u and others put-out our kids and parents would not be able to enjoy the events ya'll help to pull off. SO A BIG THANKS TO U AND ALL OTHER UN-SELFISH PARENTS of our kids.

TigerBenchPress,

Thanks for your insight into all this. We do win OR lose with grace for starters. Every team in this area feels the way we did last Friday night when they walk out of Paul Ward Stadium as a winner over the Mustangs!! That speaks volumes for the football program at H-town.

The Rebels are very aware of what lies ahead of them this season. The others best be ready too. It's gonna be a fight to the end into the playoffs. Most of these rebels were in the game at JCS last season so they know what the deal is and so do the fans. You can add TCA to the list this season as well.

There is one thing that everyone else needs to be aware of. This group of Rebels isn't living in the past and getting intimidated by the past!!! They are determined to write their own history and working hard to do just that. I'm thinking these Rebels have their eyes on the prize and McKenzie has enogh deep playoff history to know what it takes in the end. I don't know if these Rebels can get the job done but, every one of us true fans will be right there every step of the way with 'em!!!

Can a brother get a AMEN.