MBA vs. Dunbar(KY)

TheBigRedDog

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the article on Tompkins...really a tough thing for a senior to have to swallow. Thankfully, it looks like the Big Red have some depth at running back.

I find it interesting that Rutledge is taking the team up there Thursday. Lexington is a drive (3 hrs), but its not THAT far. Hopefully, the trip will build team unity like he says and won't be a distraction.

Just read the article on Tompkins...really a tough thing for a senior to have to swallow. Thankfully, it looks like the Big Red have some depth at running back.

I find it interesting that Rutledge is taking the team up there Thursday. Lexington is a drive (3 hrs), but its not THAT far. Hopefully, the trip will build team unity like he says and won't be a distraction.

I hate this for Tompkins. To wait for his time and then for this to happen. Hopefully, he will be able to recover enough to be part of the playoffs.

It's pretty quiet on the KY boards regarding this game. Most people are picking MBA in Kentucky in a pick'em contest, and one poster even had MBA over Dunbar as the biggest blowout of the week in Kentucky. I'll be happy with a one-point win. I don't know much about Dunbar at all, but it's a big school (depth, presumably), and they've done well this decade in Kentucky's largest class, so I'm sure Dunbar is no pushover - not a Trinity or X as cbg said, but good enough not to overlook.

Tough news on Tompkins. I didn't even realize he was playing TB; he'll probably be missed more on D and on special teams.

I'd like to see a projected starting lineup, too, if anyone has one.

As far as a freshman QB pushing Howe, I didn't see any indication of this in the Riverdale or Goodpasture scrimmages, but who knows what's happened since then.

It's the day of the game. I believe it will be broadcast on 104.5 FM at 7PM. Hope the Big Red are ready. Have heard through the grape vine that some practices have not been real sharp.

I talked with someone very close to the program who had some interesting things to say about this team. He said some things that really surprised and dissapointed me. I don't want to stir it up right now, so I'll not say what I was told, but let's just say it didn't give me alot of confidence.

Also, what's the deal with the radio broadcast starting an hour late. Something about a digital delay? Can't wait to hear those announcers! :thumb:

Edited by TheBigRedDog

I talked with someone very close to the program who had some interesting things to say about this team. He said some things that really surprised and dissapointed me. I don't want to stir it up right now, so I'll not say what I was told, but let's just say it didn't give me alot of confidence.

Also, what's the deal with the radio broadcast starting an hour late. Something about a digital delay? Can't wait to hear those announcers! :thumb:

TBRD, check your PMs. Thanks.