2006 Fulton Falcons

MattSD06

The Fulton Falcons look to be tougher than ever in 2006 and should find themselves in the hunt for yet another state title. This team is very quick and very talented beginning with their one-two punch in the backfield in QB Jock Stinson and RB Dennis Rogan. How much better will Stinson be and can anyone stop Dennis Rogan? Stinson may be young (only a Sophmore) but he mans the field better than most upperclassmen could ever dream of doing. He also has a nice arm and is pretty accurate, but how much better will he be in 2006? Next, we have Dennis Rogan. This man needs no introduction as he is probably the most talented back in east Tennesse. Week in week out he continues to be nearly unstoppable and this year should be no different. Outside of Stinson and Rogan the Falcons also have a big physical line that is led by none other than the 6' 6" 311 lb. Charles Wiley-Gatewood. The Falcons seem to be set on both sides of the ball and should have no real competition in 2-3A outside of the Fighting Irish of Catholic. Austin-East is a good team as is Anderson Co. but I see neither posing a great threat to the mighty Falcons. The Falcons however will get a test early on as they battle AE and Alcoa back to back. The Fulton-Alcoa match-up may be the most intriguing on the slate in east Tennessee. Although the outcome of the game will make no difference in the Falcons bid for a state title, a W could boost confidence immensely making the Falcons nearly unbeatable from that point on. We will soon see just how tough this team really is and how far they can actually go as the season kicks off for the Falcons on Aug. 25 against inner-city rival Austin-East. But as for now, how far do you think this team will go? Give me your best predictions....

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've seen the Falcons at the Jamboree and I agree with Cowboy71, they have to step it up a little more because they are depending on Rogan more than ever. This reminds me of the Roadrunners back in the days when they had Albert Harris but he couldn't carry the load by himself. Other people will have to step up but Fulton's special teams may be the answer to if they have a winning season or not. It's called field position.

Edited by Turtle

I dont know if Clinton is that good this year, or Fulton is bad, but Clinton gave Fulton a run for their money in a scrimmage, I think Fulton will have a good season, loosing to A-E and Alcoa!!!!

CoonHunter ... your about goofy ... Clinton never scored on Fulton and the Falcons played alot of younger players for that scrimmage ... I remember Clinton scoring on Rutledge one time ..... the Clinton players got real exited about that !!! Clinton may be improved but lets not get crazy here and let on that Clinton could actually stay within 30 points of the Falcons in a game ....

Well I've seen the Falcons at the Jamboree and I agree with Cowboy71, they have to step it up a little more because they are depending on Rogan more than ever. This reminds me of the Roadrunners back in the days when they had Albert Harris but he couldn't carry the load by himself. Other people will have to step up but Fulton's special teams may be the answer to if they have a winning season or not. It's called field positio.

What about when they had Leroy Thompson? B)

What about when they had Leroy Thompson? :P

When AE had Leroy, Fulton was no where on the map! B) Nah, but I'm pretty sure Coach Sam Anderson and boys didn't let Fulton come withthin a touchdown of them. To many players on that team..

Edited by Turtle

What about when they had Leroy Thompson? B)

The Roadrunners definitely were NOT one dimensional on offense when we had Leroy Thompson! We had another great RB in Joey Smith. Many people forget that during the 86 championship year, both Leroy and Joey rushed for over 1,000 yards. Also we had a good QB in Mossy Taylor, TE in Von Reeves, and WR's in Tony Sales, Tommy Moore, and Reggie Houston. Last but not least was the mammoth offensive line of Charles Brown, Bosworth Hill, Tim Wells, Troy Johnson, & Jeff Conwell. They DOMINATED every game!!!

Edited by Roadrunner89