The Jackson Sun's Preview of Region 7-3A

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no you just want to sell papers. The Union City paper likes to tell it like it is.

Amen.....Brother Crow...Course Josh can say the Messenger doesn't have to cover so many teams...The Messenger knows it's roll and does what it does pretty darn good....JP also needs to pay more attention to his job than this little ole web-site...He has enough on his plate....

Amen.....Brother Crow...Course Josh can say the Messenger doesn't have to cover so many teams...The Messenger knows it's roll and does what it does pretty darn good....JP also needs to pay more attention to his job than this little ole web-site...He has enough on his plate....

Messenger is a "Hometown"paper....Of course UC and Obion will get great coverage....just like the Crockett Times will give the Cavaliers great coverage.....The Sun tries to cover West Tenn. and still give the "hometown" great coverage....I don't think they are trying to be USA Today and have 25 reporters to get each team their "due" coverage....I wish Crockett got more coverage too, this year we are getting more coverage, but it hasn't always been that way....And as for not being on this site, WE ALL have better things to do than be on this "little website", unless you don't have a job.....Josh's job is just like ours...and we have time to get on here and talk....

i do believe he's an everyday american citizen...it's a free world...let the man have a life outside of work let him enjoy football without people whining because their team is not getting covered because they might have a winning season...i mean heck where are all of ya'll sports coverage at ?

Messenger is a "Hometown"paper....Of course UC and Obion will get great coverage....just like the Crockett Times will give the Cavaliers great coverage.....The Sun tries to cover West Tenn. and still give the "hometown" great coverage....I don't think they are trying to be USA Today and have 25 reporters to get each team their "due" coverage....I wish Crockett got more coverage too, this year we are getting more coverage, but it hasn't always been that way....And as for not being on this site, WE ALL have better things to do than be on this "little website", unless you don't have a job.....Josh's job is just like ours...and we have time to get on here and talk....

Read my post a little more carefully.....It says he needs to pay more attention to his job....Never said don't get on here....You know sort of like the younger basketball officials we have around here now with their rabbit ears..Paying more attention to the crowd than the game....

If you want to see a high school sports page run right,go to the Chattanooga Times Free Press....They not only cover Tennessee but Georgia and Alabama..I spent two years over there with my job and was very impressed with their coverage

Let me give Josh a little credit though....For the stories he does spend time on he does well with them....I'm sure he has to rely on different people calling in to give stats and scores..We all know from following this website that people like to report false scores..It happens...I don't know what his deadline is for having a paper out Saturday morning,but he probably doesn't have time to run down every score and double check with the TSSAA official site to make sure they are right...Josh probably does as well as he can with the tools he is given....