The Jackson Sun's Preview of Region 7-3A

let me see where to begin if you want to be printed on the newspaper you have to be good and if you want to be on the front page you have to be really good yet your whining because your team wasn't on there........if you want some respect you gotta be good and you have to prove it

dude little too harsh. that was not all true, i think oc is the most overlooked team in region 7-3A. i don't know why they weren't in it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me see where to begin if you want to be printed on the newspaper you have to be good and if you want to be on the front page you have to be really good yet your whining because your team wasn't on there........if you want some respect you gotta be good and you have to prove it

CAMPER..You have come on hard and strong...I like it...We will have lots of fun this year...Welcome to CoachT from backinthaoc.... :thumb:

As of August 26, 6 of the Dirty Dozen have losses??

What up with that!!

And no Covington???

covington must not perchuse enough papers to get credit... just like last year covington was first in the state four weeks and dyersburg was as well and neither made it above 5th in the dirty dozen. what a joke the sun is. after this week more teams will have a loss but their rankings will stay due to paper sells

Edited by high school sports fan

OK, back ... or, as I sometimes refer to you: Big Bro. ..... I'm gonna tell ya this for the last time. .... The Jax Sun doesn't do much Obion County coverage b/c they know they can't compete with the product on the newsstands up there. .... Yes, yes, yes, they claim to be West Tennessee's complete news source, but why get in a get into a dog fight with a Pit Bull when you're nothing more than a wiener dog???

So, be happy that you have what you have locally as well as On The Ball (fantastic, by the way), and don't worry yourself about Josh and the Jackson Gang.

I can't tell you how many times I would get upset hearing someone say to me "Why can't the Sun come up here and cover us?" Some would even try to put stock in the Appeal. JEEZ, GIMME A BREAK!!!!! I WAS THERE, DANG-GUM IT!!! You didn't need the Sun there!!!!!

I really wish some of y'all would get over the notion that bigger (in terms of newspapers) is better.

Screw the Sun. Read your Mess. And, get on with your lives.

L :o L @ weiner dog !!!!!!!

Yes,yes the Messenger does a good job,but I sure miss my Lil Bro!!!!

covington must not perchuse enough papers to get credit... just like last year covington was first in the state four weeks and dyersburg was as well and neither made it above 5th in the dirty dozen. what a joke the sun is. after this week more teams will have a loss but their rankings will stay due to paper sells

Both of you guys are right..Several have 1 loss and one team has two losses..Obion Cen,Covington,Dyersburg or Lake Co isn't going to get noticed unless all the teams close to Jackson keep losing..I'm smart enough to know Dyersburg,Crockett Co,two teams that are undefeated should be ranked ahead of Lake Co..But..I see Covington is 11th..They should be ranked ahead of my Falcons,as well as some of the teams that have a loss..Huntingdon,J.C.M. etc...But ..another point is several of the teams that were ranked high last week lost..Lake Co was ranked 9th last week and stayed 9th..I have no problem with that..But..I also saw that Humboldt,not saying they don't have a good team,moved from the 11th spot to 4th..And Lake Co scrimmaged Humboldt two weeks ago and Humboldt scored on a long Andrian Donald run on the last series to tie Lake Co 2-2..But Lake Co pretty much dominated that scrimmage...So..to jump from 4th to the 11th spot..maybe you guys are right..They must sell a lot more papers then we do..!

AandO,

The only two names were received from Covington for rushing this week were Rodney Gude and Jessie Somerville.

JP

I wouldn't pay attention to none of this stuff Joshua...I enjoy reading the sports section everyday even though my team is usually on the losing side...whenever we do have a great run like last year ya'll gave us credit....it was nice for Gibson Co. to actually get media coverage in a sport besides girls basketball...but anyhow i wouldnt pay much attention...it's your daily job and u do well at it :thumb: