Smoking in Stadiums

root hkt.

Hello all.I am new to the forums.I was wondering how people felt on this issue.The reason I ask is that I know most stadiums have a designated area for this.The reason I post this is,last year at some of Smith Co.games I noticed a woman behind me smoking like a freigt train :ph34r: ,and was later told she was a teacher or something like that at SCHS.I just felt if one couldn't do it then any exceptions shouldn't be made for her.I was just wondering what some of you thought.Go Owls.

Edited by root hkt.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all.I am new to the forums.I was wondering how people felt on this issue.The reason I ask is that I know most stadiums have a designated area for this.The reason I post this is,last year at some of Smith Co.games I noticed a woman behind me smoking like a freigt train :ph34r: ,and was later told she was a teacher or something like that at SCHS.I just felt if one couldn't do it then any exceptions shouldn't be made for her.I was just wondering what some of you thought.Go Owls.

I thought it was a rule perhaps TSSAA? that smoking is allowed at the Field/Stadium but NOT in the Stands! ;)

Hello all.I am new to the forums.I was wondering how people felt on this issue.The reason I ask is that I know most stadiums have a designated area for this.The reason I post this is,last year at some of Smith Co.games I noticed a woman behind me smoking like a freigt train :lol: ,and was later told she was a teacher or something like that at SCHS.I just felt if one couldn't do it then any exceptions shouldn't be made for her.I was just wondering what some of you thought.Go Owls.

I don't understand why they make such a big deal out of smoking in the stands. Not that many people do it, and we are in the great outdoors for goodness sake. I see plenty other things people need to focus their attention on rather than who is smoking in the stands. Don't get me wrong, my husbands smokes and I hate the smell, but it is the outdoors.

Tennessee Code : TITLE 39 CRIMINAL OFFENSES : CHAPTER 17 OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE : PART 16 CHILDREN'S ACT FOR CLEAN INDOOR AIR : 39-17-1604. Places where smoking is prohibited.

39-17-1604. Places where smoking is prohibited.

(10) School grounds; provided, that after regular school hours, adults are allowed to smoke on the property surrounding the institution, but not blocking any entrance to any building. Such property shall not include any public seating areas, including, but not limited to, bleachers used for sporting events, or public restrooms.

They announce at the beginning of every game there is no smoking in the stadium per Tennessee Law. They do allow it to the side of the bleachers, trouble is that its mainly students clearly under 18.

Well I walked out of a restroom into the great outdoors at a game tonight and had to hold my breath till I got away from the smoke and smell. Besides it not being the best example for the kids.

Example for the kids ?Most of the smokers I've seen have been the kids lol. I've been in schools that you can't even go into the restroom cause the smoke is so thick ,but shhhh...there being sneaky. As far as in the stands ,its state law for no tobacco product or fire arms to be on the campus I believe.