Temple - 39, Sequatchie County - 19

bigbody1220

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck tonight, but hopefully October 13 will not be so fun when we come to town. I am looking forward to our first visit to your complex. Sequatchie should be able to handle Temple. I saw them scrimmage and they are not a great team.

Yeah -- you're so right Temple is not a "great" team. I suppose we should go ahead and just give the game to Sequatchie since they'll be able to "handle" Temple.

Mark my word, Temple will handle the Indians just fine. :)

Yeah -- you're so right Temple is not a "great" team. I suppose we should go ahead and just give the game to Sequatchie since they'll be able to "handle" Temple.

Mark my word, Temple will handle the Indians just fine. :)

I completely agree, I don't even think Temple should make the hour long bus ride up there tonight, because they are not a "great" team. Temple shouldn't even waste there time, and Sequatchie should probably just play there JV tonight against that small little Single A school. I guess it will be a waste of my 5 dollars tonight, but Im going to go and watch Sequatchie "handle" Temple tonight.

So much for Temple just having 18 players. :thumb: Temple went ahead 27-0 in the second, Sequatchie cut it 27-19 in the third, Temple scored early in the fourth, added an interception return for a score not long after helped by the pass pressure. Skogen was productive, 7 for 170, Ridley who I don't remember from last year was their leading rusher with about 100. Quarterback did not look like he had much rust, one pick in around 25 attempts. Nice pickup, however way he arrived there. Seq held Smith in check for the most part, he had around 15 for 75, not bad against a 250 pound back with speed. Sequatchie had about 150 passing, two interceptions. Sequatchie didn't have many penalties but they came at the worst times, one of them on a formation penalty cut out a 60 yard pass completion. Coaches thought the refs missed that one, and the players were not in an illegal formation. Temple had a few penalties mostly for late hits and unsportsmanlike, taunting, one was for leading with the top of the helmet to lay out a receiver on an overthrown pass.

Edited by Indian

Temple - 39

Seq. Co - 19

Temple was wearing the Indians out in the first half, doing whatever they wanted. It seemed like the Crusaders weren't going to come out of the locker room as Sequatchie started a rally. Temple put up a few big plays and the game was over.

#11 for Sequatchie, the QB, is an excellent team leader.

Sequatchie didn't have many penalties but they came at the worst times, one of them on a formation penalty cut out a 60 yard pass completion. Coaches thought the refs missed that one, and the players were not in an illegal formation. Temple had a few penalties mostly for late hits and unsportsmanlike, taunting, one was for leading with the top of the helmet to lay out a receiver on an overthrown pass.

Someone told me that the refs said that there were two split ends on the far side and both went out for the pass. Will someone review the tape on this one?

Temple had 5(?) personal fouls. Waaaayy too many.

Temple still won by 3 scores, so you can't blame the refs even though they made some mistakes. Too many times they didn't know how much yardage move it back, tried to go back 15 on a formation penalty once.

They got it right in the end didn't they? :thumb:

Sequatchie will be good later down the road, maybe just a few weeks away...