Oakland vs. Franklin

patriot 4 life

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Franklin is pretty one-dimmensional, too.

Stat of the day:

Completed passes last night: 3

INTs last night: 4

When your coach is saying things like "we're not going to be a very good offense for a while" in the papers, you know things aren't too great. However, sounds like Franklin has quite the defense. Franklin's turnover rate: +1. That's right, even with throwing four interceptions, they stilll have a turnover rate of +1. Last night they forced five fumbles (recovering 4) and picked off a Falcon pass as well.

Just some things to think about...

If they give the start to Sellers, the sophmore, it will be a very different Franklin offense. That boy can run pass the ball when he needs to. He stats from last night (0-3) are misleading (I saw the replay). The never gave him time to get warmed up, they put him in and took him out about 4 times (each time after Cantrell threw another interception). Plus, they never let him loose to run the ball. Check out the replay if you can and see what the announcers have to say about him.

If Sellers starts, it will be Franklin over Oakland, 28-7.

If they give the start to Sellers, the sophmore, it will be a very different Franklin offense. That boy can run pass the ball when he needs to. He stats from last night (0-3) are misleading (I saw the replay). The never gave him time to get warmed up, they put him in and took him out about 4 times (each time after Cantrell threw another interception). Plus, they never let him loose to run the ball. Check out the replay if you can and see what the announcers have to say about him.

If Sellers starts, it will be Franklin over Oakland, 28-7.

Game time is not the time to just warm up. Everyone better be ready to go at 100% when the game starts or they will be down a couple of scores against some teams in this state.

Game time is not the time to just warm up. Everyone better be ready to go at 100% when the game starts or they will be down a couple of scores against some teams in this state.

You ever play golf?

If not, I will tell you that most people have a worst game if they are behind a slower group. Having to wait too much throws you off your game. Even if you get yourself loose and warmed up with a couple of buckets of balls before the game. But, if you hit a certain pace you have a better chance at a good game. Pitchers like the same thing.

Same thing here. If you are playing and then having to sit for a while and then put back in (especially at QB), it can throw you off your game.

So, it is a different kind of getting warm that I am talking about.

Edited by bunda

You ever play golf?

If not, I will tell you that most people have a worst game if they are behind a slower group. Having to wait too much throws you off your game. Even if you get yourself loose and warmed up with a couple of buckets of balls before the game. But, if you hit a certain pace you have a better chance at a good game. Pitchers like the same thing.

Same thing here. If you are playing and then having to sit for a while and then put back in (especially at QB), it can throw you off your game.

So, it is a different kind of getting warm that I am talking about.

you can always warm up on the sideline before you get in. like a quarterback taking snaps from the center before they go in.

you can always warm up on the sideline before you get in. like a quarterback taking snaps from the center before they go in.

quarterbacks play their best when they get into a rhythm or "the zone"...wouldn't everyone agree? getting put in, taken out, put in, taken out, etc etc in a game is going to throw a quarterback off in many aspects, especially the qb's timing with his receivers running routes

warming up on the sideline is nothing but tossing a ball back and forth, it's a lot different than having a bunch of big db's running at you full speed and then making a throw into coverage :thumb:

quarterbacks play their best when they get into a rhythm or "the zone"...wouldn't everyone agree? getting put in, taken out, put in, taken out, etc etc in a game is going to throw a quarterback off in many aspects, especially the qb's timing with his receivers running routes

warming up on the sideline is nothing but tossing a ball back and forth, it's a lot different than having a bunch of big db's running at you full speed and then making a throw into coverage :thumb:

true that true that