Science Hill at Elizabethton

CycloneFan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill is too deep for the Cyclones, especially in the skilled positions. I noticed several players going both ways (RBs and WRs playing DB) for Elizabethton Friday night. That’s not an issue for the Hilltoppers. But if Smith shows up again like he did Friday night…this one will be a thriller for three quarters!!!! Elizabethton also has a receiver that’s going to cause trouble for every team they play…VERY fast.

The Hill 28

Cyclones 17

Science Hill is too deep for the Cyclones, especially in the skilled positions. I noticed several players going both ways (RBs and WRs playing DB) for Elizabethton Friday night. That’s not an issue for the Hilltoppers. But if Smith shows up again like he did Friday night…this one will be a thriller for three quarters!!!! Elizabethton also has a receiver that’s going to cause trouble for every team they play…VERY fast.

The Hill 28

Cyclones 17

They will have to prove me wrong, but we don't have the depth you saw at J Fred Friday night. DB has one of the best senior classes in the state. If Smith doesn't get spelled on defense he may only have 3 quarters in him though??? I still want to see that replay before venturing my prediction. :lol:

This is always a great game...I think both teams are better than they were last year...The Hill is unproven but talented at QB, solid two man tandem at RB, good receivers, different scheme on defense; however, Central got pretty good yardage running the ball, but turned it over too many times against a good offense...QB Preston Smith is an outstanding athlete and leader (but, as Cap1 said, I also have concerns about him going both ways, but he is Betsy's best at both positions), solid runners and receivers, line has to play as tough as they are big, defense needs to stop the Hill's running attack before it can get started...as I said, this is always a great game and this year will definitely be worth the price of admission (and maybe more)...this is a front page game.

Edited by skunk

I watched the replay of DB/Cow Town last night and the Cow Town boys are good. Now whether they can go 4 quarters is yet to be determined. We don't have the depth that DB has and that may play a factor. AJ is still a varsity rookie and still has to prove that the Toppers have a passing game they can go to when needed. The running game is alive and strong, but Central was big and slow compared to Cow Town. They have size up front and move pretty well, although not fast enough for DB. If we can contain Smith to the pocket, which I don't think we can do consistantly, we can win the game. Both teams will have a potent offense for this game but if Cow Town doesn't show a ground game, that may prove to be the difference. Smith carried them for a half vs DB but he simply ran out of steam. Getting him rest so he can guide the offense will be important to his team. Thier recievers catch the ball, for the most part. They did have a couple of crucial drops for TDs and one TD called back vs the Indians. Those changed the game and the Cyclones are a very good team, barring critical mistakes. On the other hand, SH really didn't execute well but good enough to nail a very weak 4A team in Central. Some people don't realize just how bad Central was last week.

Too close to call but if Cow Town moves and scores early, watch out!!!

When all is washed out, I see SH taking a 21-20 win. Cow Town misses an extra point late in the game after jumping out to an early lead which SH regains early in the 4th. ;)