Riverdale @ McCallie

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

riverdale 34-20

btw, riverdale freshman won over cumberland county tonight 40-12. alot of freshman mistakes, but i saw some of the most exciting touchdowns i have ever seen in high school football (varsity or freshman). recievers #3 and #5 are SERIOUS, along with running back #26. all 3 had electrifying touchdowns, each from 50+ yards out. the quaterback #18 looks like he has potential to be really good also, he was making pretty good decisions and of course was the one delivering the ball to #3 and 5. on the defensive side of the ball, #39 was also doing some good things, big hits and getting in on alot of plays.

i was pretty impressed, they have some players, they were much better than i expected, but to be honest, cumberland really isnt that much of a team. but yea i just put that in this thread even though it has nothing to do with this game, because i didnt want to make a new post for freshman ball and plenty of riverdale faithful will see it here

I havent heard much about Mcallies coaching. Anybody no anything about them as far as preparing for a team. I know Riverdale will be prepared for everything thrown at them they just have to make the play when the coaches put them in the position to.

McCallie's coaching is really top notch. Not taking anything away from Riverdale b/c they know football but McCallie's head coch is a freakin' offensive mastermind. He will formation the defense into failure and capitalize on his strenths. I am sure Riverdale will do the same to McCallie! The true test of a great coach is what adjustments he makes at half time and the ability to convey these changes to his players. If the players are intelligent, which McCallie's are, then they will have no trouble making changes and forcing the defense to second guess themselves.

That being said... this is a first game for McCallie. As one writer wrote in an earlier thread, "everything is on the line" I don't agree. What's on the line? Bragging rights? 1-0? Who cares. McCallie and Riverdale are trying to win the golden football. I seriously doubt losing 1 game will tarnish that goal. Remember we are not in college football and one loss doesn't shatter the BCS national championship.

Should be a great game. Be safe Riverdale fans as you travel and welcome to Chattanooga!

New offense versus experienced offense. I think McCallie will handle, to some extent, the offense Aydlott is installing although Riverdale will put up some points. I just think McCallie will put up more points. I think McCallie will score early and put pressure on Riverdale's offense to keep up.

McCallie 41

Riverdale 28

McCallie's coaching is really top notch. Not taking anything away from Riverdale b/c they know football but McCallie's head coch is a freakin' offensive mastermind. He will formation the defense into failure and capitalize on his strenths. I am sure Riverdale will do the same to McCallie! The true test of a great coach is what adjustments he makes at half time and the ability to convey these changes to his players. If the players are intelligent, which McCallie's are, then they will have no trouble making changes and forcing the defense to second guess themselves.

That being said... this is a first game for McCallie. As one writer wrote in an earlier thread, "everything is on the line" I don't agree. What's on the line? Bragging rights? 1-0? Who cares. McCallie and Riverdale are trying to win the golden football. I seriously doubt losing 1 game will tarnish that goal. Remember we are not in college football and one loss doesn't shatter the BCS national championship.

Should be a great game. Be safe Riverdale fans as you travel and welcome to Chattanooga!

I agree with you 100% this game isnt that big it is just another game it is not a region game if we lose it doesnt hurt us for play offs nor does it end our season but if we win it is bragging rights we wont win the state or the region with this game and i dont know about McCallie but i would rather lose this game and win state than to win this game and lose state