Riverdale @ McCallie

i say mccallie dont score no more thin 7 points on fri night

With no disrespect to Siegel, Siegel scored three points in three years against RHS leading up into 2006. They put 14 on the board this year. With this being McCallie's most prolific offense in awhile, I'll be shocked if McCallie doesn't score more than 7 points.

Edited by rollredroll

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying Riverdale's D looked sharp against siegel, or in practice this week?

Good question. b/c if you were at the same game I attended last week you must have been seeing things. Parks ran all over our Defense right up the middle.

How many yards did they give up in penalities alone?

Give me a break.

if it werent for penalties and special teams mistakes, siegel wouldnt have scored period...thats beside the point and irrelevant, as our defense is good enough and was capible/talented enough to shut them out, they simply didnt so it doesnt matter. and your right, corven was gettin his yards everytime he touched the ball, but i do think he is the best back our D will face this year (on top of the fact it was before they gelled), atleast until im proven otherwise :thumb:

Good question. b/c if you were at the same game I attended last week you must have been seeing things. Parks ran all over our Defense right up the middle.

How many yards did they give up in penalities alone?

Give me a break.

i thank we gave up like 175 yards. and if we have all the yellow flags flyin like last week. we will lose this game

if it werent for penalties and special teams mistakes, siegel wouldnt have scored period...thats beside the point and irrelevant, as our defense is good enough and was capible/talented enough to shut them out, they simply didnt so it doesnt matter. and your right, corven was gettin his yards everytime he touched the ball, but i do think he is the best back our D will face this year (on top of the fact it was before they gelled), atleast until im proven otherwise :thumb:

i have to agree with him on that that first flag on punt changed the hole out come on the game. (it gave siegel hope that they could win)

i have to agree with him on that that first flag on punt changed the hole out come on the game. (it gave siegel hope that they could win)

true, on top of turning a 3 and out to open the game, it turned it into a SCORING DRIVE...lots of momentum to siegel, but like i said, thats just a excuse cause we should have been able to stop them regardless, but when you think about the score you have to take that into factor, it made it possible for them to score that drive. and the other "drive" that they scored on was less than 20 yards after we fumbled a return and gave them good field position.

before someone tells me i am making excuses, yea i am, i think we should have kept a goosegg on siegels side anyways but i will applaud their 14 they put up. yes these are excuses, penalties and turnovers are part of the game (and siegel did great by capitalizing off of them), but just throwing things out for people to factor in, before they make an assumption off of the scoreboard saying 21-14 :thumb:

\no we didnt give up that much and there is a thread for that game but who cares its over we won now lets try and stay on topic :thumb:

he's talking about yards off of penalties, which the DNJ stats state 14-120 yards...atleast 2 of those were instances (ones i can remember off the top of my head) where the D had made their stop only for siegel to continue their drive due to a penalty, one of those as already mentioned was a scoring drive

he's talking about yards off of penalties, which the DNJ stats state 14-120 yards...atleast 2 of those were instances (ones i can remember off the top of my head) where the D had made their stop only for siegel to continue their drive due to a penalty, one of those as already mentioned was a scoring drive

My point is that yes, a defensive player stopped the drive. But, it was also one of our defensive players who get a penalty and game them a first down. If I remember correclty, that happended more than once. We have some great defensive players, so I hope they step up this week and show it. Penalties will kill us if we don't get a handle on them.