Riverdale @ McCallie

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BJ Coleman MUST be a good QB as Tn usually recruits them from California. :thumb:

I know that R'dales D usually starts the season slow and it WILL get better this week. Coach Collins has NOT forgotten how to watch films and spot weaknesses.

Like others have said this will NOT be a blow out by either team.

Hopefully Coach A will let everyone know where they are suppose to be on special teams as the penalty for having 12 on the field is the FIRST time I have ever seen them called for it in all the time I have been watching them. I am also sure he will make sure his staff know they have to stay behind the sideline, so we can eliminate that penalty being repeated this week. Coach A I hear NOTHING but positive things about you from both players and folks that have met you. Please keep up the great work.

I have never seen McCallie play but I will take the word of GWAVE1 that they are good. Man knows football having watched some very good teams over the years.

R'dale players do NOT let folks try and hype you. Just keep doing what you do so well and work hard and get ready for a hard game. Your supporters have faith that you will win.

yea coach a is great and u will see us get back on track riverdaleman u suprise me about saying we might get blown out but thats cool yall will hopefully see the team that we really are from here on out and we will be ready lod thanks for not giving up on us cause we had a sloppy 1 game like some ppl have already cause we are way better and u will c :thumb:

Edited by SCN08FearTheSpear

Careful there SCNO8FearTheSpear....I know what Gallatin has and McCallie scrimmaged us really tough at camp. The QB is as good as advertised. The game has more ramifications then in the won/loss column. Riverdale is perceived as the "bigdog" in 5-A and McCallie is middle of the pack in DII. A win by McCallie is a slap in the face to 5-A even though I don't think it is the same as when Rankin was coaching there. If Riverdale wins then you can solidify your standing somewhat after a shaky start at siegel. And yes as an outsider it appeared the Warriors had some problems. So who wins.....? Questions will be answered one way or another.

Everything I have seen projects Mccallie either first or second in DII, AAA. That's not 'middle of the pack'. They are the real deal. The 5A vs DII angle is there but this is really just a real strong non-region opponent that should help prepare us for Smyrna and Lavergne down the road. Of course, we do want to win them all.

Does Mccallie have any options of bringing in any temporary seating?

Everything I have seen projects Mccallie either first or second in DII, AAA. That's not 'middle of the pack'. They are the real deal. The 5A vs DII angle is there but this is really just a real strong non-region opponent that should help prepare us for Smyrna and Lavergne down the road. Of course, we do want to win them all.

Does Mccallie have any options of bringing in any temporary seating?

IMO, McCallie is probably a semi-final team along with MUS, MBA and Brentwood Academy. Any one of those teams could win against the other team on a given day and I would not be shocked.

If Riverdale don't find its swagger they will lose a couple of games this year. I made a visit to Tomahawk stadium on friday, and I was dissappointed in the showing. I rolled in there thinking that the warriors would blow the stars away. Another thing the Riverdale needs to do is do away with the wing-T offensive.

I don't think swagger is a problem...

Hot off the press:

Due to the crowd expected from Riverdale's fans -- possibly 3,000 or more -- Friday night's football game has been relocated to Finley Stadium in downtown Chattanooga. The new game information is included below:

7:30 p.m. kickoff (Gates open at 6:15 p.m.) Tickets = $5 McCallie = Home team

- seating on South side, the side with the press box

- Pass Gate located at South entrance

Parking options available at varied costs

Should be a great game. Unlike the last two years, school will be in session for the opening game.