Harriman/Kingston 2006.....

devilsgr8ccs

Are you serious?! Kingston by 20?! Now that is crazy...Even if Kingston does come on top it will be very close....I have a feeling that Harriman will come out on top on this one in a close one...Kingston doesn't have enough weapons this year...Givens isnt enough for Kingston to overwhelm Harriman this year....Kingston has always been known to beat Harriman because of their size and sheer depth, but this year Harriman has the size to go along with their speed should make for an interesting contest. I am looking forward to seeing this one.

Kingston 41 Harriman 7 Final Score

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I think: Kingston beating Harriman is like Oak Ridge beating Kingston. It's just not a fair match. Kingston should try playing a school three times their size (like Oak Ridge) and see if they win. Here's the thing: they won't. Harriman is almost three times smaller than Kingston and I just don't believe that it's right for Kingston to brag about beating Harriman. So, when they "toughen up" and go for a team that's three times the size that they are, like Harriman does, then, I'll congratulate them as a team. This is in no way a post to try and offend anyone who plays for or is a fan of Kingston. This is just my opinion, and I believe it to be a pretty good one.

P.S.- Good job, Harriman, keep up the good work! You may not have beat Kingston, but I see a lot more heart and ambition in your team!

This is what I think: Kingston beating Harriman is like Oak Ridge beating Kingston. It's just not a fair match. Kingston should try playing a school three times their size (like Oak Ridge) and see if they win. Here's the thing: they won't. Harriman is almost three times smaller than Kingston and I just don't believe that it's right for Kingston to brag about beating Harriman. So, when they "toughen up" and go for a team that's three times the size that they are, like Harriman does, then, I'll congratulate them as a team. This is in no way a post to try and offend anyone who plays for or is a fan of Kingston. This is just my opinion, and I believe it to be a pretty good one.

P.S.- Good job, Harriman, keep up the good work! You may not have beat Kingston, but I see a lot more heart and ambition in your team!

I agree, look at Kingstons schedule and you will see 6 regional games, and the remaining 4 games are with teams in smaller classifications. Harriman 1-A, Rockwood 2-A, Oliver Springs 2-A, and Loudon 2-A. The problem is that of those four, three are in-county rivalrys, so I don't see them scheduling "up" for that reason.

I agree, look at Kingstons schedule and you will see 6 regional games, and the remaining 4 games are with teams in smaller classifications. Harriman 1-A, Rockwood 2-A, Oliver Springs 2-A, and Loudon 2-A. The problem is that of those four, three are in-county rivalrys, so I don't see them scheduling "up" for that reason.

Kingston plays Harriman and Rockwood every year. They do not always play OS, but with a Kingston guy now coach, it may turn into a yearly deal. They used to have a pretty good rivalry with Sweetwater, but its been a while since they played. To be fair, Loudon was 3-A with Kingston until 2004, so that is not a huge drop. Kingston has played a home and home with Tyner in the past as well, but then turn around and play Wartburg so I don't see them beefing up the schedule. Then again, I guess King feels they need a weaker OOR schedule to compensate for playing Fulton, AE, and the like in region.

Edited by MSUBac2001

If you read these posts from the beginning, everyone picked Harriman, nobody said a thing about the size of the schools or classifications. Why is it that now that the game has been played and Kingston waxed the blue devils, everyone is trying to slam the Yellow Jackets about them scheduling up? Harriman and any other team that is on Kingstons schedule can choose not to play them. Evidently the rivalry outweighs the size of the actual school. Maybe if Harriman doesnt like losing to Kingston year in and year out, they should try scheduling someone else.

I don't know about the other posts, but, my post was to point out that Kingstons schedule does include teams of smaller classifications outside of their region play, because they are in-county rival games. I for one, picked Kingston to win this game, and was not trying to down-play their win Friday night. I know they play in one the toughest regions in east tennessee.

Numbers off of www.tssaa.org

Region 2-1A

Oakdale 163 Students

Sunbright 179 Students

Greenback 226 Students

Coalfield 227 Students

Midway 268 Students

Harriman 301 Students

Oneida 424 Students

Region 2-2A

Wartburg 425 Students

Rockwood 455 Students

Alcoa 473 Students

Oliver Springs 492 Students

Sweetwater 611 Students

CAK 671 Students <--- multiplier (373 Students)

Loudon 675 Students

Region 2-3A

Kingston 677 Students

Austin-East 702 Students

Scott Co. 741 Students

Livingston Academy 889 Students

Stone Memorial 920 Students

Knox. Fulton 982 Students

* Knoxville Catholic 986 Students <--- multiplier (548 Students)

Anderson Co. 1,051 Students

What is the cut off number for 1a,2a and 3a? Thanks for the info Jet Pride

Numbers off of www.tssaa.org

Region 2-1A

Oakdale 163 Students

Sunbright 179 Students

Greenback 226 Students

Coalfield 227 Students

Midway 268 Students

Harriman 301 Students

Oneida 424 Students

Region 2-2A

Wartburg 425 Students

Rockwood 455 Students

Alcoa 473 Students

Oliver Springs 492 Students

Sweetwater 611 Students

CAK 671 Students <--- multiplier (373 Students)

Loudon 675 Students

Region 2-3A

Kingston 677 Students

Austin-East 702 Students

Scott Co. 741 Students

Livingston Academy 889 Students

Stone Memorial 920 Students

Knox. Fulton 982 Students

* Knoxville Catholic 986 Students <--- multiplier (548 Students)

Anderson Co. 1,051 Students

If you read these posts from the beginning, everyone picked Harriman, nobody said a thing about the size of the schools or classifications. Why is it that now that the game has been played and Kingston waxed the blue devils, everyone is trying to slam the Yellow Jackets about them scheduling up? Harriman and any other team that is on Kingstons schedule can choose not to play them. Evidently the rivalry outweighs the size of the actual school. Maybe if Harriman doesnt like losing to Kingston year in and year out, they should try scheduling someone else.

I agree that Harriman should pick another rival, preferably a school more their size. But in another aspect, Kingston shouldn't brag so much on something as petty as beating Harriman. But hey, they have to have something to brag about, right? Because I know for sure that they won't be bragging after playing AE and other teams such as that. Oh, and I never said that Kingston would win either, I just stated that I don't think that Kingston should dote on a victory as small as this.