Smallest School vs Largest School

rigger101

I know Alcoa AA goes against AAAA State Champs Maryville every year and takes on 0ne of the Big 7 McCallie and in the past they played 5A teams in their county.

What other matches in the state have small schools going against larger schools/Divisions?

Who are the Davids vs Golaiths in our State?david-y-goliath.jpg

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't MBA scrimmage Riverdale a few seasons back (and get their hat handed to them)

Yes, MBA has scrimmaged Riverdale the last few years and lost most of the scrimmages. However, I do find it interesting that Riverdale as not scheduled MBA for a regular season game and MBA has been forced to travel twice this season up into Kentucky to find opponents to play them. Is MBA that bad of a football team that Tennessee teams feel they would get a better challange playing opponents other than MBA?

Yes, MBA has scrimmaged Riverdale the last few years and lost most of the scrimmages. However, I do find it interesting that Riverdale as not scheduled MBA for a regular season game and MBA has been forced to travel twice this season up into Kentucky to find opponents to play them. Is MBA that bad of a football team that Tennessee teams feel they would get a better challange playing opponents other than MBA?

The two teams have scrimmaged every year since 96 or 97 with MBA "winning" most of them in the begining and Riverdale "winning" more recently. It's always the first Friday of two-a-days. It's a good scrimmage for both teams but nothing close to a real game. Hopefully now that Rankin is gone, Riverdale will schedule MBA in a game. Coach A has already shown that he isn't opposed to playing DII teams and I commend him for that.

Boyd Buchanan (AA, but with a A enrollment) against Cookeville AAAAA, Baylor DII AAA, and Red Bank AAAA.

BB is a private school correct? If so I wouldn't make them as big as an "David VS Goliath" as small town Alcoa but BB is taking on some big Schools. Wow, Cookeville and Baylor, Red bank.

Good Luck

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> versus TSSAA and BA and every team they play. Check out its enrollment.

Yeah, bless there litlle Football Machine picking heart!

So No 1A vs 5a?

Looks like BB plays the largest School for their size!

Edited by rigger101