Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

I cannot agree with your assessment of Paris and football tradition but the YANKER was impressed by what I saw a week ago. The YANKER also wishes good luck to HC in Dickson. I am not looking for another team to support. I do wish we had your fan base and followers who would get on Coacht, but I am JCM through and through. My father was Black & Gold and I am Green & Gold. I am the YANKER!!!!!

So are you still predicting a shutout? I really cant see your reasoning for that in the first place. You had Ricky Borner(a real playmaker) last year and only won by 2 missed PATs. This year, NO Ricky Borner and a better HC team than you faced last year. I will agree with you that in the past, reguardless of HCs team/record, JCM seemed to always have our number someway or somehow. But I still dont understand how you could predict a shutout unless you were just wanting an uprise. Please, elaborate a little more unless you have changed you mind.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, wingman is off to make a roadtrip and I wish much fun and a happy drive home - knowing the barrel will follow him! RedPride, I would imagine that your nervousness is growing a bit after that article in the PI reasurring us that Dickson will be a tough test. I have been debating what the score might be all day, trying to take into account all of the input I could gather. Even though Dickson will be very tough, I think HC will pull out a victory here due to the many threats on offense. Also, our Defense impressed me last week. Not only that, I know that the coaches have worked this week on the flaws that were found on D. It should be plugged up tight!!! So with that I am going to say a shutout, with a late score making it look worse than it appears:

Henry County 24

Dickson County 0

Guest Redpridepersonified

Hey Yanker! For a team with very little history and tradition have you noticed the plethra of posters on this thread with the word"Pride" in their name? There is me, red pride, Realredpride well too many too mention. We've got a great tradition @ Henry County. As great as the tradition of JCM. If nothing else we've got PRIDE! :thumb:

I dont know if I could predict the Patiots to lose to anyone. That says alot about you Mr. Adopted "the truth speaking" YANKER. I have a new found respect for you.

The YANKER will ALWAYS be truthful...even when it hurts. In this case it hurts. Last week would have been the time for you to be REALISTIC and pick Ridgeway over your Patriots. I do realize, however, that most people will ALWAYS pick their team even when they don't really believe it. The YANKER is not "most people". The YANKER may be too truthful, if that is possible, but I will ALWAYS say what the YANKER truly believes. Earning your respect was inevitable my "Prideful" friend because I detect some intellect within you, but the YANKER hates that it is a result of picking against my own team. I would rather be a wrong and happy YANKER than a correct and sad YANKER. As for you and your friends in HC, the YANKER hopes you are all happy EVERY Friday night with one obvious exception. The YANKER actually wishes I knew some of you, as a handful of you seem to be people who the YANKER would enjoy being around. We are not as close knit down here but JCM is, and always will be my team.

So are you still predicting a shutout? I really cant see your reasoning for that in the first place. You had Ricky Borner(a real playmaker) last year and only won by 2 missed PATs. This year, NO Ricky Borner and a better HC team than you faced last year. I will agree with you that in the past, reguardless of HCs team/record, JCM seemed to always have our number someway or somehow. But I still dont understand how you could predict a shutout unless you were just wanting an uprise. Please, elaborate a little more unless you have changed you mind.

My shutout prediction holds unless the YANKER sees something in the coming weeks that would alter my stance. If we played you in the first half of the season, I would not say that. We should be clicking in the 2nd half of the season. Your offense plays into our hands. We will have more speed and athletic ability than you. Spreading us out is good for us. What you did last year was smart and almost worked if not for Borner. We will have two guys on defense that you cannot handle and the rest will be too fast for you. We are not as big as Ridgeway but faster for certain. We may have a hard time scoring many points on HC but we will only need three.

Well, wingman is off to make a roadtrip and I wish much fun and a happy drive home - knowing the barrel will follow him! RedPride, I would imagine that your nervousness is growing a bit after that article in the PI reasurring us that Dickson will be a tough test. I have been debating what the score might be all day, trying to take into account all of the input I could gather. Even though Dickson will be very tough, I think HC will pull out a victory here due to the many threats on offense. Also, our Defense impressed me last week. Not only that, I know that the coaches have worked this week on the flaws that were found on D. It should be plugged up tight!!! So with that I am going to say a shutout, with a late score making it look worse than it appears:

Henry County 24

Dickson County 0

The YANKER will be SHOCKED if this happens. You are predicting with your heart rather than your head my young Cephus.

My shutout prediction holds unless the YANKER sees something in the coming weeks that would alter my stance. If we played you in the first half of the season, I would not say that. We should be clicking in the 2nd half of the season. Your offense plays into our hands. We will have more speed and athletic ability than you. Spreading us out is good for us. What you did last year was smart and almost worked if not for Borner. We will have two guys on defense that you cannot handle and the rest will be too fast for you. We are not as big as Ridgeway but faster for certain. We may have a hard time scoring many points on HC but we will only need three.

The YANKER will be SHOCKED if this happens. You are predicting with your heart rather than your head my young Cephus.

Ok, I see where your coming from with the whole "clicking" later in the season. But who is to say that HC wont be clicking more in the latter half on the season? Your right, Borner was the difference maker in our game and probably many of JCMs games last year. Where is he now? Playing anywhere? I won't doubt anything you say about the two guys on defense, you built Borner up last year and he was everything you claimed(even though I didnt really believe it at the time).

Edited by Patriotpride

No, not my heart in this one. If you noticed, I didn't predict a score last week - because my heart wanted a win so badly but I wasn't sure. This is one that I believe is going to happen. We are definitely capable of scoring 24 in a game, but the last 7 will come late in the fourth quarter on something like a punt return. I really believe that our D will clamp down very hard this week. You saw them, they don't want to give up many points. The 17 that our offense will score will be a hard fought 17. I just think that we have too much on offense for DC to handle this year. You shouldn't be too shocked if this happens...

I already predicted a score earlier. I read the paper today and Gaddis seems like he is prepared and ready for a GOOD DC team. I still stand by my prediction. Too much patriots for the cougars. HC 38 DC 10

Too much for the cougars. I was really impressed with our overall team speed last week. The cougars are not even close to Ridgeway. Ridgway will win many games in 5A and we will win MANY in 4A. Like I said earlier, Maryville here we come. I'm serious, if we stay healthy we will be a contender!!! :blink:

OOOH, I just had the best idea I've ever had. Dickson is our biggest rival, with JCM moving up the list by the day. We play Dickson for the Bourbon Barrell, when we play JCM the winner should get.............................THE YANKER!!!!!

Great idea. As I was pulling out of Mcdonald's this morning, I saw a Patriots' sign on the Burger King billboard. I will change where I get breakfast.

I understand the 'basket case'. My nerves are already shot & it's only 7:00 a.m. :thumb: Warning for anyone that lives around the DC high school & doesn't come to the game, tape your windows (to keep them from cracking) forget listening to your T.V. and put ear plugs in sensitive ears.

The Patriots Are Stampeding Into DC With A Mighty Force

&

With Both Barrels A Blazing!

The color of red following this mighty force will be overwhelming and like nothing any town has ever seen before!

The echoes of rumble will travel far & wide from the fans on the Patriot side.

The ground will shake but it won't be from any earthquake.

It will be from the Patriots knocking the cougars to the ground leaving them licking their wounds as they carry the barrel back out of town!

Gooooooooooo Patriots!