SIEGEL vs. OAKLAND

SiegelNation07

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hate it too, especially the ones with that special touch to be great. The O-Line has a lot to settle after being thrown off the boat when Springfield blitzed constantly at their younger middle core. Besides Young at center.. They have two pretty much untested guards. All night at RHS it was Goree on Snell and Verge on Craig for the most part. The gaurds had their test, and must bounce back.

Looks like the tackles are proven against some true athletes. This week it will be Elrod and Griff against Craig and Snell in the trenches. I think this will be a very close game with Oakland winning due to the defense scoring. As of now the defense has scored first in two games in the same time period.

Looks like the tackles are proven against some true athletes. This week it will be Elrod and Griff against Craig and Snell in the trenches. I think this will be a very close game with Oakland winning due to the defense scoring. As of now the defense has scored first in two games in the same time period.

Yea its not a good sign when our defense is scoring at about the same rate as our offense :o but this is the week Burnett and Co. right the ship...I can't wait till friday night!

They showed last night at Franklin that they will go down swinging no matter what, and I believe that is what it will take to win the game Friday.

How did they show that? by scoring on the franklin third string defense? Did siegel not show that they won't go down easy against riverdale?

Corven being out hurts our chances very badly but I think the Stars can still pull out the W. It's just a matter of whether we do it or not, we need to play good defense and maybe even pull off a few big plays and get a few turnovers

How did they show that? by scoring on the franklin third string defense? Did siegel not show that they won't go down easy against riverdale?

Corven being out hurts our chances very badly but I think the Stars can still pull out the W. It's just a matter of whether we do it or not, we need to play good defense and maybe even pull off a few big plays and get a few turnovers

Please Franklin is not the team to put in third teamers at any point in the game. Some studs might have been out, but this does not mean O-Town is going to just stop trying to run their offense. I'm sure they kept fighting, a team knows when its out of reach. They probably were practicing for next week. A day up on Siegel if you ask me. :o

Number 19 was never out of the game. In my opinion, 19 was the best player on their team. He was continuing to run the ball til they finally kneed it with 27 secs left in the game. The QB that came in was their STARTER from last week that lost the nod. He was the QB that jumpstarted their scoring drive. I feel certain that sellers is now the 2nd stringer once again.He fumbled like 3 times. :o i

Now I am in no way saying they should have taken it lightly on us. Our O was not clicking and their Defense was VERY VERY good.....which def KEEPS your O from clicking. The score makes it seem like we got drilled the whole game which isn't true. We were in that game It was 7-0 at the end of the first, and it was 10-6 late in the 2nd. Our D continued to fight......they kept recovering fumbles, got an INT....etc. They were on the field wayyyyy too much and even the kids in the best shape can't keep performing at the optimum level against a state ranked team in muggy weather. They simply wear out......but their heart was still there.

I guess some of you forgot that DONNIE WEBB is Franklin's DC. If you recognize the name....he was Oakland's DC when we won the state in 98. He has been to the Blue Cross Bowl at TWO different schools. The man knows how to coach folks......so our O was facing a defensive genius. He also coached with Ferg for many yrs....so do you not think he may have known Ferg's oline blocking schemesand capitalized on that? Of course....

Edited by 2priceless

Number 19 was never out of the game. In my opinion, 19 was the best player on their team. He was continuing to run the ball til they finally kneed it with 27 secs left in the game. The QB that came in was their STARTER from last week that lost the nod. He was the QB that jumpstarted their scoring drive. I feel certain that sellers is now the 2nd stringer once again.He fumbled like 3 times. :o i

Now I am in no way saying they should have taken it lightly on us. Our O was not clicking and their Defense was VERY VERY good.....which def KEEPS your O from clicking. The score makes it seem like we got drilled the whole game which isn't true. We were in that game It was 7-0 at the end of the first, and it was 10-6 late in the 2nd. Our D continued to fight......they kept recovering fumbles, got an INT....etc. They were on the field wayyyyy too much and even the kids in the best shape can't keep performing at the optimum level against a state ranked team in muggy weather. They simply wear out......but their heart was still there.

I guess some of you forgot that DONNIE WEBB is Franklin's DC. If you recognize the name....he was Oakland's DC when we won the state in 98. He has been to the Blue Cross Bowl at TWO different schools. The man knows how to coach folks......so our O was facing a defensive genius. He also coached with Ferg for many yrs....so do you not think he may have known Ferg's oline blocking schemesand capitalized on that? Of course....

Coach Webb is a good man and a well respected coach.

Really hard to get a read on who will win. Both teams played pretty well in week 0, but kind of went into the tank in week 1, granted both teams Oakland and Siegel played are probably favorites in their respective regions

Losing Corven Parks is huge because he gets the tough yards better than anyone in this region. Parks isnt going to blow you away with speed, but he will get his 3-4 yards every carry. Zeke doesnt have a tree to throw to this year, so it will be interesting to see if Watson sticks with the run oriented offense or tries to spice things up a bit

One underlying factor that I havent seen yet is Rick Butler. He was the man that go Oakland to state championship caliber in before the 98 season. Having the goods on what Ferg may do may not matter much, but it just adds a new twist to this game

I would like to see Precious Valentine get more carries. He's only had 29 so far, but he's totaled 154 on those carries. Precious, like Corven, wont blow you away, buit he's a load to bring down.

I hardly count as a unbiased observer, but I feel Oakland will win this game due to the fact that they have a number of weapons on offense, whereas Siegel relies on a few, albeit very good skill position players. If Oakland is to make the playoffs, they have to win this game, period, no ifs or buts about it

Just wondering......how is it that watson has Butler calling the D when he is considered a " volunteer coach and not a member of the faculty? Sort of odd too considering it was Nolan who basically fired him when he was HC at OHs. yes, I know the resign thing....but remember I had a son playing at the time. I know what really went down. Siegel is a strange place....tho......never thought Nolan would hire Alsup either..

Edited by 2priceless