Centennial @ Independence

zoosee12

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amen to that

i agree with those who say this is goin to be a good game 2 watch... The great thing about indy is they havent even played there best game.. Yes, they have made big plays! but we still have things to improve on and i think this is the game they start rolling on all cylinders..out at indy they know this game starts the rest of their season and they arent satisfied with playing hard anymore they play hard to win!

Independence by 14

Finney is still at chs

im not sure if he's still coaching tho

and i personally doubt independence will score 14 more than centennial

i'll go the other way and say centennial by at least 14 because they were able to hang with #10 ranked La Vergne and nearly defeat them

independece is still unproven and i doubt they will be able to hang with centennial

because even tho ihs has improven, so has centennial, by alot!

Finney is still at chs

im not sure if he's still coaching tho

and i personally doubt independence will score 14 more than centennial

i'll go the other way and say centennial by at least 14 because they were able to hang with #10 ranked La Vergne and nearly defeat them

independece is still unproven and i doubt they will be able to hang with centennial

because even tho ihs has improven, so has centennial, by alot!

[

I guess we will just see zooie... Indy is going to come ready to play first home game and their ready for a challenge.. And incase you havent heard our fans bring noise!

Alright, to answer one question, Mike Finney is indeed still coaching as a defensive coordinator, and I'm sure he is as loud as ever.

This game SHOULD be a close game, with the winner scoring around a touchdown more than the loser. Expect a fairly high scoring game, with both teams in the 20's.

As for Centennial hanging with LaVergne, LaVergne themselves are unproven, and that #10 ranking does not fit them well in the two games I have seen them play. Centennial has as much to prove going into this game as Independence does.

Hit 'em Up, the good thing about High School football is that NO TEAM has played their best game yet. And if they had, then they can forget about the playoffs come November. Also, learn the difference between there, their and they're. People may say that grammar does not matter on a message board, but posts become so much more credible when serious readers don't have to concern themselves with simple rudiments of the English language. This is directed towards all posters, because through the years I've noticed football players don't always possess the finer points of grammatical knowledge.

Stay in school, kids.

Yes, Finney is still there, and unfortunately for all of CHS, so is Gregory!

With that said, INDY WINS!

The Lavergne/CHS game cannot be used to determine the win here, nor can the Indy wins. Lavergne is very OVER-RATED and Page and Hillwood would be no match for any of the teams mentioned in this thread!

Rock, what is going on with the offense? Bring in a Wing-T coach and most of the Lavergne game featured Gregory's "Bone". He just can't let go can he?

I did not see the game, so I am going by hearsay, but I also heard your "Twin Peaks" that you call receivers were ineffective! Drops, non-aggresive going for the ball, etc. Not much of a threat out there if that is how they play! I do know that Indy has some very athletic Cb's, so would not expect much from them this week either!! :thumb:

The outcome of this game will be determined by the Oline and Dline for each team. (Which applies to most games!) I give the edge to Indy. They do have some big and also talented kids up front to play with..on both sides of the ball. Rock, you can probably fill us all in regarding the lines at CHS this year.

Good Luck to both teams...one thing is for sure, one team will leave that night 1-0 in region play, the other 0-1 and in a deep hole to dig themselves out of!

I would say the Wishbone to Wing-T ratio was around 65% to 35%. The Wing was run fairly effective, whereas the wishbone was, well, the wishbone. My hope is that they learn to do it well, because if they dont, the offense won't be effective.

Our big tall receivers did indeed fail to get it done. Whenever the ball would be thrown up for their benefit, I would yell "You're 6'6!". My rantings didn't do much good. But I think over the season they will improve and in doing so add another dimension to our offense.

Both the offensive and defensive line played well against LaVergne. I didn't have my roster with me, and alot of both sides were new faces, so I don't really have names to call out in that regard, but I don't expect either line to be the weakness of the team.

Centennial CAN win the game. A lot of it depends on how well Coach Smith prepares the Eagles D for the wishbone. I expect the Wing-T to be implemented a bit more, but we'll see how that goes. A special teams play, as usual, could also swing the momentum of the game. Keep in mind that against LaVergne, Centennial had a failed extra point, which led them to try for a two point conversion on their next touchdown. They also tried a two point conversion when it was 25-24, which failed. Finally, Barlar missed a 45 yd FG attempt. That's a possible 6 points which didn't succed because of shortcomings in the special teams. And GUESS WHAT, we lost by 6 points.

I'm excited for this game, and I'll be there in the stands, screaming my lungs out as I always do.