great point made in your last entry

FIRE GREGORY AND HAVE FOLLEY COACH

its as simple as that

i really believe that centennial has amazing talent

its just that gregory runs every down

and with 140 lbs running backs going behind a line that averages about 210

1 and 1 doesnt make 6 (points that is)

and the point about folley doesnt really matter

i dont care who coaches as long as we can git rid of this ridiculous "3rd and 12 lets run it up the middle" philosophy

:rolleyes:

im tired of centennial losing

i want to win

get rid of gregory

Edited by zoosee12

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it hard to believe that with Brentwood, Franklin, Ravenwood and now Independence having such great success with the spread offense and Coach Gregory deciding to make a move for an offensive coordinator, that he would go with a Wing - T oriented coach, as if to say "I'm right, you can win with running, look at Hillsboro, I'll show you"

Don't take me wrong, I 'm not trying to disrespect Coach Gregory, but I am going to say, as I have for years..... A well coached spread offense will beat the bone or the wing t, 9 times out of ten, all other things being equal. If, and its a huge if, you have an exceptional offensive line that can truely dominate the line of scrimmage and you control the clock, you might be able to win on occasion.

I really thought that this would be the year that Centennial went to a spread offense and finally broke out.... oh well

I found it hard to believe that with Brentwood, Franklin, Ravenwood and now Independence having such great success with the spread offense and Coach Gregory deciding to make a move for an offensive coordinator, that he would go with a Wing - T oriented coach, as if to say "I'm right, you can win with running, look at Hillsboro, I'll show you"

Don't take me wrong, I 'm not trying to disrespect Coach Gregory, but I am going to say, as I have for years..... A well coached spread offense will beat the bone or the wing t, 9 times out of ten, all other things being equal. If, and its a huge if, you have an exceptional offensive line that can truely dominate the line of scrimmage and you control the clock, you might be able to win on occasion.

I really thought that this would be the year that Centennial went to a spread offense and finally broke out.... oh well

I'm going to make three points about the Wishbone/Wing-T that is being run.

1. Outdated. Bigdogdaddy knows this, as does everyone else aside from the CHS coaching staff. They've been running this formation for over ten years, and its gotten them to the playoffs twice. I happened to be on both of those teams, and while the 'Bone did provide success, it was not a great strategy, and we still were 4 seeds both years.

2. Execution. This year's team, with all its "talent", runs the wishbone awfully slow. Perhaps it's just me seeing these same plays over the last 7 years, but the Wishbone used to be about trying to fool the defense, and these boys aren't selling it. Yes, the playcalling could be better, but you've got to work with what you've got, and I've SEEN the wishbone work against Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Dickson Co. before, when it's run very efficiently. Interestingly enough, it always fails to produce points against Franklin, because the Rebels ALWAYS put 8 or 9 in the box, and Coach Gregory would not change his gameplan.

3. Personel on the field. The Wishbone, along with its elusiveness, requires power backs, not finesse backs. It actually does best with short, stocky tailbacks that can churn their legs and fall forward time after time. The Cougars have NONE of that this year. Frashad Barlow, Wayne Coffee, Chaz Scales, and Allante McLemore are are far from stocky( on a side note, did these kids actually work out in the offseason?).

When you put these three things together, it equals disaster. But lets not put all the blame on offense. Our defense played equally as bad. The defensive line didn't play a great game, but they actually had decent pressure on Cordell throughout the relevant part of the game. However, on some third down situations, the D-line resorted to arm tackling as their #1 way of stopping Pettigrew. The linebacking core also tried that same routine. Let me just say this: I believe that Independence's offense was better than our defense in virtually all areas. The worst performance, defensively, goes to our safeties. These kids have no idea how to play their positions. Both touchdown passes in the second quarter could have easily been incompletes if the safety knew how to slide over. I should buy them a book and rip out the pages that go over double coverage.

This is a game of inches, and tonight Independence won by several feet. You all are a real team, and though I still think Franklin will beat you out for that #1 spot, you will definately be a #2 or #3 seed team come playoff time.

Indy came out with a chip on their shoulder from last season when they were humilated by CHS this year the tides had turned. First thing, THE indy D played great! Secondary proved that they could take down those giants at wr and the rest of our team stomped the run. In my opinion CHS with the talent they have would stand way better chances in our region if they threw to the talent they had. We finally finished a game with no special team let downs. Good job keep up the work.. Offense was in rhythm from the moment they stepped on the field. The line played great and it lead to a stellar performance from Cordell. The wr's caught everything the got their hands on.. Running the ball worked great to catch them sleeping, when their d was thinking pass. This is by far the biggest victory for IHS! ONe thing i will say is that CHS plays dirty when they get down.. That may cost them a game later on in the season.. Congratulations to indy once again on a well played game.

Indy - 42

CHS - 6

Region 6-5A has been blessed with yet another Williamson County "Force" to be reckoned with. This Indy team is for real!

Centennial was TOTALLY dominated in this game. In all aspects! The one thing that stood out to me was that Indy was VERY PHYSICAL, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The front 6,7,8 and 9 on occasion really punished this CHS team. I am guessing that many Cougars woke up this morning feeling like they were hit by a mack truck.

The Indy Offense was rolling once again. The Cordell kid can make ALL the throws. The Indy receivers might very well be the BEST Corp in this area if not the state. And when teams defend the pass, here comes #22 down the pike.

The Indy Oline was solid as well. When clicking on all cylinders, this team is legit!

And another FYI for ya that might open even more eyes: This team is "young"! If my info is right, I saw maybe 4 seniors on the defensive side of the ball and 4 on the offensive side of the ball. WHOA!! :)

To Rock and CHS, good luck the rest of the season.

Indy...Keep on Rolling! Bye week next week, then the mighty Rebels come calling. Can you play with the "big boys"...we shall see. I know I will be there! Good Luck!

One more thing to note: Independence had 12 penalties for over 70 yards. You cannot do that in a big game. Fortunately for you all, Centennial proved not to be a test, but just a dud.

Rock,

That was the worst officiated game I have seen. There were a lot of unsprotsmanlike things happening and they would not take control to stop it. They blew calls on both side and eventhough it wouldn't have changed the outcome got fooled by a great Centennial ball fake and blew a whistle that brought back a big Centennial play.

I will agree with another poster that the Centennial team lost their focus and started playing dirty. Lots of late hits that weren't called. 12 penalties are too many but 4-5 of them were late in the game when trying to empty the bench and it gets confusing.

When Indy went up 14-0 the game was over. Centennial seemed to quit and that's when the cheapshots started. I heard one of the Centennial coaches say the Indy won that game in Feb, Mar and April in the weight room.

Big confidence booster for the Eagles. They beat a region team they had to beat to earn a playoff spot. The week off comes at a good time so they can prepare for Franklin on Sept 15. Eagle's Stadium will be rocking. It will be a good ball game and the winner of that game will win the region. And I fell that Indy can win the game.

To anyone who has seen Indy play, how does Cordell compare with the elite QB's from region 6-5a of the past few years (Jennings, Mikruit, Solima, etc.)?

Each of the three mentioned QBs were different. Jennings stroll to the sideline before ripping a pass 25 yards to the only spot where a receiver could catch it and a defender not, stands out in my mind as simply amazing. Solima had the benefit of a tremendous cast of athletes, but because their was no depth at QB, he was not allowed to have running plays designed for him. If he had, I believe he would have really opened some eyes, not having them was probably the difference in them not winning state. What Matt did better than anyone was to throw the ball into the middle of the field without fear. Mikrut had Darrien Waters at RB so again he was limited in his ability to show out, but Michael could do it all.

Cordell, in stature, reminds me more of Dave Thomas,QB for Riverdale, that won the state two years ago. He has a poise that is very confident and commanding. He doesn't have the shake and bake of Thomas but he makes very quick deisions and appears to be well coached.