Bell Glades FL Vs Byrnes SC

Purple & Gold Standard

These two top ranked high school programs hook up today(Sat.) on ESPN @ 11am (CST).....

Only reason I mention a match-up of out of two state teams is this....A few of our Tennessee high schools tangled with the Byrnes Rebels in a 7-on-7 passing tournament at Vandy back in the summer....A tourney in which Byrnes won....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Solomon, and there may be some form of "home-cooking" in play here (I wonder if these are SC officials - I would assume so).

Early observations:

Byrnes may be a notch down from last year, but they are still very good.

Glades has size and talent, but the play-calling and discipline is poor. Teams like Glades probably just try to "out-athlete" their opponents.

The speed of this game would make a Riverdale-Melrose game seem like it was played on a field of molasses.

It's great to see high school football on national TV, but all of these Jumbotrons and MTV series are really taking away from the purity of high school football.

The refs are far from perfect in this game. I have seem numerous penalities that shouldn't of been called including a intentional grounding. It also looked like Glade's first PAT was good, but hey it is nice seeing high school football on TV. Anyone notice Golden Tate was rated the 16th best prospect in the nation during their halftime show.

Well, if the officials didn't want so much TV time calling every nit-pick foul, this might be an exciting game.

More thoughts post-game.

My thoughts exactly. ... Seems to me Byrnes got just a little bit of home cooking early in the game. Was that PAT by Glades good or what???

Typical. Great showcase for High School football, and the zebras actually think ESPN is there to see them.

ESPN's gonna have a great H.S. football schedule this year. I need to get ESPNU some kind of way.

And, lets all head up to Ohio the 15th and 16th of Sept. for the Ohio vs. USA challenge. That should be a GREAT weekend of prep football. ... Wish we had something like that in this state. I can see Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale, Melrose, Hillsboro and some of those schools hosting some top programs, maybe at MTSU or LP Field (formerly The Coliseum, formerly Adelphia), if they get field turf.

ive been watchin this game... these teams didnt really show me much...obviously to be No. 2 and 5 in the nation they have to be really really good but glades looked sloppy....it could have been nerves...there was a couple players in the game that showed me something...byrnes qb has commited to clemsen and the safety for glades has committed to a D 1 school... just curius to what everyone else thought bout this game............

Well Dobyns-Bennett took some players over to SC to a big scrimmage and from what I heard Byrnes looked elit very very good.....you have to realize they are use to being the number one team and the biggest and best and to play another top team takes some getting used to but overall good game for byrnes waaaaaay to many penalties though alot of that was the teams fault but sometimes you just got to let the kids play