Gallatin vs. Hillwood

wavelink101

I for one do not take ANY team we play in this region for Granted. Each time Gallatin has over the past few years we have gotten smoked....see McG in 04, and Overton Last year. Metro teams definitely have my respect and as the saying goes to get respect you have to give respect. I hope the metro teams all do well except when they play Gallatin but I know that they will put their best effort against Gallatin.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k i agree with hilltopper. he's right. metro schools dont have the funds other schools do to recruite players. another thing .. hillwood had almost 2000 students in 2004-05. as soon as we were bumped up to 5A our student population dropped by about 450 students. we lost seniors, and alot of good players quit as a result of our losing streak. so i would make sure i knew what i was talkin about next time :thumb:

Hillwood has never even approached 2000 students. There were, if I remember correctly, 1612 in 2004-05. I will admit that it was still WAY too many for the building space. In 2002-03 we had about 1250 students. In 2003-04, it went up to 1420. Without a doubt it has the lowest athletic budget of any school I have ever seen, including Watertown. If some of these midstate schools only had the money available at Hillwood, there would be a lot of coaches moving on. I could tell you about buying a used dryer for $50 because they couldn't pay $200 for a new one (a standard size, not industrial). Practicing in uniform pants from the late 80's until the Titans gave us some of their old pants. Guys practicing for over a week without a helmet because we didn't have enough. They were told not to buy any more because someone would quit and they would get theirs. Don't even get me started about what other sports went through.

Hilltopper, don't forget that our All-state quarterback decided to hang out on campus chasing girls instead of coming to practice the day before that White House play-off game. Janetti, obviously was not around if he said you were not on that 12-1 team. You had a great season. It was the year before that you were in your Tiger Woods frame of mind. HHSsoftball, do I know you?

actually Janeti is a she, and I have been at every Hillwood game for the past four years. The players would have definitely noticed me as I was part of a group of parents that fed them every week after the games. My bad on the year though Hilltopper, no insult to you or anything, just had my years messed up. I was more trying to defend the Toppers that just graduated such as yourself. Best of luck to you Hilltopper and see you at the wrestling tournament.

Gallatin has yet to give up a point this season, but if you haven't seen the defense play the goose-eggs aren't as impressive as the performance on the field. The D is consistently hitting ball carriers in the backfield, especially QBs.

I'm not sure what all the stats are, but I'm going to guess that they've given up somewhere between 175-250 total yards in these first two games.

Beech should be a little better test next week, but they lost Friday night to Kenwood(?).

Gallatin gave up 60 yards to Lebanon and Hillwood had -15 yards of offense.

actually Janeti is a she, and I have been at every Hillwood game for the past four years. The players would have definitely noticed me as I was part of a group of parents that fed them every week after the games. My bad on the year though Hilltopper, no insult to you or anything, just had my years messed up. I was more trying to defend the Toppers that just graduated such as yourself. Best of luck to you Hilltopper and see you at the wrestling tournament.

No harm done, we all make mistakes, Yeah you better believe i'll be around during wrestling season, coach henderson is going to be a good thing for Hillwood, coach k was really good it's a shame to see him go but o well. he had to do what worked for him.