Coffee Co @ Cookeville

wingman10

Price is one of the better coaches in the business that I've seen. Doing what he did with Bradley Central turning them into a perennial cellar dweller to a postseason regular has people in Manchester believing. There is nothing wrong with that. As for Manchester not having played anyone, then you must've missed the game against Brentwood. Brentwood may be young, but they have ALWAYS been good. If you had the chance to see Brentwood play state power Smyrna last weekend you would know that the Bruins would've stomped a mudhole in Cookeville who struggled to beat hapless White County.

What Coffee County has going for them this year that they haven't had in a while is an excellent strength and conditioning program. You'd be surprised what an impact a poor conditioning program could have on a team.

Something else CC has going for them is their depth is getting better. When you lose all the time, kids don't want to play for a team that loses all the time, but when you get your kids believing that they can win and they start doing it, it turns the heads of those that would've otherwise not tried out but would've been good enough to play. And then they become a part of the program, and then they get molded into strong, well-conditioned athletes, and then they get better too.

I was there to see the '97 team. It was my senior year in Manchester. You couldn't find athleticism in Manchester like you did with Chris Elam, Josh Clark, Aaron Price, and a few others that made that team one of the best in recent Red Raider memories. That team finished second in the toughest Region in 4-5A with one region loss--Riverdale who one the state title. That was a team that wiped the floor with Cookeville and Lincoln County both on the road.

It's not who Coffee County has played this year that makes them good. If you've seen them, you'd understand why their good. It's HOW they play that makes me believe this is one of the better teams you've seen out of Manchester in the past couple decades.

Manchester's doing alot of things right. Can't take that away from them.

good stuff, but we actually lost to columbia as well that year... but we were region runner-up.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam from Cookeville and I vote NO MORE TAPE BS! we are fans to the end and will defend them tooth and toenail. I even enjoy swapping a little trash talking like any other fan but enough already with tape editing. about the game is the 6'11'' 300lbs kid hurt ? and what has CC done this year that they're in better condition than they've done in the past this seems to be repeated alot. The Cavs are in real good shape themselfs just another Coach Joslin team. Cookeville is hard place to play but a great place to come and watch. So Ya'll come on up and watch a great game but my Cavs will win. GO CAVS!!!!

This is the same old stuff year in, year out. The moral to this story, no matter what CC does they play there regular season up to be the biggest and best thing and you get put out by a team from right here in the boro in the first round if you can make through the tough region schedule.haha :thumb:

Edited by Trust Me

Fanatic hapless white county?You obviously havent seen wc past two years we are respectable again,this coming from a guy who is talking bout a 97 team that could do this and that!!!!!Joslin is the best on the go coach around,by this i mean making adjustments during the game.Coffee better hope they dominate early cause joslin will figure you out and find a way 2 win.cookeville38 coffee34

Fanatic hapless white county?You obviously havent seen wc past two years we are respectable again,this coming from a guy who is talking bout a 97 team that could do this and that!!!!!Joslin is the best on the go coach around,by this i mean making adjustments during the game.Coffee better hope they dominate early cause joslin will figure you out and find a way 2 win.cookeville38 coffee34

White County has never been REALLY good. White County is NOT a respectable program in football. Respectable is beating state power Trousdale County or at least making it close. White County stepped out of Region 5-4A back after the '94 season because everybody from Tullahoma and Shelbyville to Lawrence, Coffee, and Warren County were stomping the daylights out of the pitiful Warriors program. So not only did they leave that region, they dropped down to Class 3A to try to find some teams they could actually compete against, but then they found that even little Bledsoe County and the like was a challenge for them. It's good to win games, even if it's against Walker Valley, but White County has looked ugly against an embarrassingly easy schedule.

And yes, I've seen plenty of ugly seasons in Manchester, and anybody who follows the sport of football as closely as I do can see the difference. Manchester has really improved with speed. They've seemed sluggish in the past, but they've really picked it up. Cookeville is not a hard place to play in. I remember when Cookeville was playing their games at Tennessee Tech, and I also remember our first trip to brand new Cookeville High School which opened it's doors in '96 if I'm not mistaken. Coffee has beaten Cookeville in the stadium they currently play in on more than one occassion. The Cavaliers are certainly not unbeatable there.

Edited by SemperFiBlue

Two consecutive years Cookeville has recovered an onside kick after their first score. Do you think Coffee County will be looking for it this year?

I hope Coffee Co. is looking for the fake extra point-pass for two points. How many times has Cookeville used that play?

First of all even though i know your the smartest man in manchester,i dont think you can hand pick a region or classification!!!!!!!Second manchester is a very similar program to white county struggled 4 years but know competes very well!!!We are not a powerhouse but we are respectble.I believe the region we are in know is pretty tough with red bank cleveland rhea county and hixson.PLEASE MAKE EDUCATED STATEMENTS!!!!!GO ARMY

Mr. Heisman Posted Today, 01:48 PM

Im not from your county. And ive seen the doctored films. As for ave. 41 pts? you play shelbyville! You are for real yet untill you beat a solid team

I really don't know what kind of story you have heard, but you need to get your

story right. You either heard it or seen it, which one!! As for questioning his integrity, I would say you don't even know him, and to do it and hide behind a Coach T name is spineless.

My son plays for him, and believes in what he and his staff stands for(Hard work pays off), along with about 70 more young men. I dont know the out come of the game, but you can bet That Coach Price and his staff will have the boys ready, as I am sure Coach Joslin will too.

As for you Mr. Heisman, which I doubt you've earned that name, try to show some class or print your real name.

Good luck to both teams. ANd Go Big Red

Im not doubting CC may have a good team this year. But what gives yall the right to say your the real deal? None! you havent done anything yet! You played a averaged Brentwood team and lost so what does that prove? Ive seen coach price and the way he coaches im not doubting his integrity, but i do know something else needs to be done. how can he coach his young men about class and all this when he isn't even showing it himself.