Coffee Co @ Cookeville

wingman10

Those rumurs came out of Tullahoma. Before last years coffee pot game coach

Olive told our coaching staff he would not trade film because he heard fom some coaches in our region that we doctored the tapes.When pressed he reluctantly indicated that coach Joslin @ Cookeville and coach Mantooth @ Fanklin Co were his

sources.When those 2 coaches were contacted they indicated there was no truth to

this acusation.

Also the video equipment CC has had to use in the past was old, home style vhs

run by a fireman who volunteered for the job.Both he and most of our coaches are

electronicly challenged and do well to set their cell phones.Thank goodness the school or booster club bought some new equipment this year its great.

In light of these FACTS if you want to question someones integrity you probablly

need to look toward Tullahoma not Coffee Co.

Actually these are not rumors. They have come straight out of cookeville not from tullahoma. I understand if the camera guy/girl misses a play or 2 or is faked out. BUT to have a play started and then stopped and taped over is another story. Very classless

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually these are not rumors. They have come straight out of cookeville not from tullahoma. I understand if the camera guy/girl misses a play or 2 or is faked out. BUT to have a play started and then stopped and taped over is another story. Very classless

Rumors! What coach Joslin says, you can take to the bank. He's all class.

New guy on new camera, should be better films in the future. Dont question Price's

integrity or motives, you'll lose.

Olive told our coaching staff he would not trade film because he heard fom some coaches in our region that we doctored the tapes.When pressed he reluctantly indicated that coach Joslin @ Cookeville and coach Mantooth @ Fanklin Co were his

sources.When those 2 coaches were contacted they indicated there was no truth to

this acusation

This has gone on before last year. You don't have to look outside of your region to point where this info came from. Both Joslin and Mantooth would admit to statements if they made them. Don't know the new staff at Cumberland Co. but the other programs in the region do not put CC and ethics and integrity in the same sentence. ( Chattanooga area also ) This was a subject for discussion at the region meeting a couple of years ago.

Also, outside of a small circle of Price supporters and croonies, no one would compare Olive's integrity as compared to Price. When you lose to your county rival 18 out of 20 years the jealousy comes out.

this acusation

This has gone on before last year. You don't have to look outside of your region to point where this info came from. Both Joslin and Mantooth would admit to statements if they made them. Don't know the new staff at Cumberland Co. but the other programs in the region do not put CC and ethics and integrity in the same sentence. ( Chattanooga area also ) This was a subject for discussion at the region meeting a couple of years ago.

Also, outside of a small circle of Price supporters and croonies, no one would compare Olive's integrity as compared to Price. When you lose to your county rival 18 out of 20 years the jealousy comes out.

Unless you have personally witnessed cutting film, then what you are saying is RUMOR. And if you have personally witnessed cutting film then I guess your integrity would be in question too! Shame on you!!!!!!

I think that this game will be one of the best games in the region this year. I think that Cookeville will win this one by 3 points or less.

This is usually a great region game any year. Since 2002 the record is 2-2.Cc won in 02 &03 Cookeville in 04 & 05. Cookeville had the best team in 02 & 05

CC in 03 &04. Should be a great game again this year, think CC may have a little more talent this time around.

Seems like the same people always want to keep the same old BS going. If you don't like Coffee County's film, get the game film from Shelbyville or whoever Coffee County's opponent is. I could talk about the time keeper in the Coffee Co/Cookeville Game 2 years ago in Cookeville. I was there and after 2 incidents with the clock being kept running while moving chains, I kept up with it the rest of the game. I still have it in my billfold. In the 3rd and 4th quarters, 2 minutes and 42 seconds were run off the clock that shouldn't have been. Even the security personnel at the game were shaking their heads. Lost my voice that night.

NOW LETS GET DOWN TO WHAT REALLY MATTERS................................

The game films being cut don't have anything to do with anything. Running the clock probably didn't hurt Coffee County that much (its just the principle of it). Whoever shows up at Cookeville's field and plays the best game will win. Coffee County is as good as I've seen them in a long while. Coach Price and his staff have the Raiders conditioned better than I've seen any team, EVER! Coming back from a 21-0 halftime score at Brentwood to tie the game with 4 seconds left in the game proves this. 62 points and 604 yards offense against Shelbyville ain't bad either. On the other hand, Cookeville always has a quality football team. It has always been hard to win at Cookeville. Probably the only better home field advantage in this region belongs to Lincoln County. So if you want to see a really good ballgame Friday night, be at the Cookeville/Coffee County game. The best team should win. I think this year, the better team should be the Raiders. If the coaching staff at Coffee County can keep their team from making silly mistakes in the 1st quarter, it could be a big win. GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like the same people always want to keep the same old BS going. If you don't like Coffee County's film, get the game film from Shelbyville or whoever Coffee County's opponent is. I could talk about the time keeper in the Coffee Co/Cookeville Game 2 years ago in Cookeville. I was there and after 2 incidents with the clock being kept running while moving chains, I kept up with it the rest of the game. I still have it in my billfold. In the 3rd and 4th quarters, 2 minutes and 42 seconds were run off the clock that shouldn't have been. Even the security personnel at the game were shaking their heads. Lost my voice that night.

NOW LETS GET DOWN TO WHAT REALLY MATTERS................................

The game films being cut don't have anything to do with anything. Running the clock probably didn't hurt Coffee County that much (its just the principle of it). Whoever shows up at Cookeville's field and plays the best game will win. Coffee County is as good as I've seen them in a long while. Coach Price and his staff have the Raiders conditioned better than I've seen any team, EVER! Coming back from a 21-0 halftime score at Brentwood to tie the game with 4 seconds left in the game proves this. 62 points and 604 yards offense against Shelbyville ain't bad either. On the other hand, Cookeville always has a quality football team. It has always been hard to win at Cookeville. Probably the only better home field advantage in this region belongs to Lincoln County. So if you want to see a really good ballgame Friday night, be at the Cookeville/Coffee County game. The best team should win. I think this year, the better team should be the Raiders. If the coaching staff at Coffee County can keep their team from making silly mistakes in the 1st quarter, it could be a big win. GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen

I guess if a long-time doormat team turned things around in less than 5 years and they were in my region or the same county I would be tempted to say bad things about their coach too.

If you know Coach Price you know he is not doctoring films. He runs the same plays every year. It is not hard to figure out. Except for this year. New formations, new plays, new way of doing things. Averaging over 41 points a game. Coffee Co. is for real.