Lewis Co. V. Stewart County

LCHSgrinch

Lewis County has beaten their two cross-town rivals in the first two weeks of thier season. Now comes the region games which will be a tough road to travel for the next 9 weeks. Lewis County has one of the toughest defenses in the region.They will have their first test of the region against a well talented team in Stewart County.

Stewart County comes off one of their best starts in over 6 years after their win over Greenfield last friday night.But unfortunatly they have not seen a Chris Hatton like player in those first two games. He was slowed down last week with an ankle injury, he was not able to play past the first half. But also this team is WAY more than just Chris Hatton, even though I think he will have the best game for the Panthers, he will have lots of help from his teamates.

I see Lewis County going 3-0 and possibly showing some offense for a change.

Lewis County-48

Stewart Co.-14

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis County has beaten their two cross-town rivals in the first two weeks of thier season. Now comes the region games which will be a tough road to travel for the next 9 weeks. Lewis County has one of the toughest defenses in the region.They will have their first test of the region against a well talented team in Stewart County.

Stewart County comes off one of their best starts in over 6 years after their win over Greenfield last friday night.But unfortunatly they have not seen a Chris Hatton like player in those first two games. He was slowed down last week with an ankle injury, he was not able to play past the first half. But also this team is WAY more than just Chris Hatton, even though I think he will have the best game for the Panthers, he will have lots of help from his teamates.

I see Lewis County going 3-0 and possibly showing some offense for a change.

Lewis County-48

Stewart Co.-14

Stewart's got a rough go of it. Where is the LC/SC game?

Edited by rcombs

Hatton? As the wayne county fan so correctly stated, if you think stopping Hatton is the answer.. sorry.

Their second string fullback Dakota Crews is averaging 9 yards a carry and the number 3 fullback, Colton Mathis is averaging 6 yards a carry. Sharp is deeper than I have ever seen this team in the backfield. And they don't lose quality by subbing.

11 different backs carried the ball Friday. Wayne County stopped Hatton BEFORE he was hurt. He had 8 carries for 25 yards. LC had five guys friday night who gained more yards than that.

As I said before, the team is way more than just Hatton. Although, he can be seen as the most talented back we have. At some points in the game the people in the stands just know who is getting the ball,......#21.He usually has 8 or 9 players focusing all on him, and Coach Sharp has used that to his advantage this year. Dakota Crews was showing his old middle school days last Friday night. He broke 5 tackles to score in the third quarter.Also the depth we have is unbelievable, it's just a question of who is going to have a good night and who is getting focused on.