Are HHS and WBHS for real?

hoopcoach1

Yes and no to the original question. In 5A, both will win more than last year for sure.

Heritage's spread offense will only play to their strengths. We've seen that in their first two outings. I am concerned whether or not the big three on their offense will be enough against truly talented 5A teams. Heritage finds out Friday....

William Blount might actually be better without the big names they had last season. WB will most likely be 3-0 this time next week. I'd just like to see them carry their 1st quarter fire thru 4 quarters...

Neither are even close to being #1 in their own county though. The day they can truly compete with either #1 or #2 in Blount, they'll be world beaters in 5A. That's the true mark of where they are now...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have yet to see a Heritage team that is "for real". William Blount should be very competitive in 5A-Region 2. Bradley is improved from what I hear, but not enough to compete in this region, and I expect they will take a beating once again. Soddy is really down this year and playing a lot of young guys. I would expect Soddy and Bradley to be on the bottom, and Heritage will win against them. However, I expect McMinn will likely beat Heritage this year; we'll no more after they play Ooltewah this Friday.

After that it appears that the favorites are Oak Ridge and Ooltewah, who have taken the region several years in a row now. Neither, however, are as tough as in past years, but if you don't get them now, they have a lot of talent and will just get tougher as the year rolls on.

Farragut is a real question mark; I was quite surprised last week and didn't expect them to get drummed. So, it could be a real toss up between Farragut, William Blount and McMinn.

We'll see how things progress, but if I had to pick it right now I would call it: 1) Oak Ridge, 2) Ooltewah, 3) Farragut, 4) McMinn, 5) William Blount, 6) Heritage, 7) Bradley and Soddy a tie.

But I think this region is more wide open than ever and anything could happen. The top teams cannot count on automatic wins like they have in the past, other than possibly Soddy and Bradley. May be the toughest region in the state; no doubt one of the toughest.

Boy, Alcoa really needs to stop crying about the schedule. They put higher quality teams in place of WB & HHS, didn't they? Macallie or WB, Fulton or HHS? come on, looks like to me Alcoa got the better deal in it all.

WB & HHS have both improved. Thanks to two outstanding coaches, Rewis & Meadows. The region is up for grabs (after OR & Owls) I am steping out to say the HHS will make the playoffs this year (the first in how many years?) It should be a showdown at all region games this year. HHS has a much better offense this year. Morgan is doing a great good throwing it around the field. Wiggy hasn't showed what he can do yet and he will, and the backfield is solid with Lindsay, Cains, Rupert,& Kerns.

There "D" is also solid again this year. Coach Shane Rewis has them going all out again. It should be a great year for Blount Co. schools the talent in this county alone is top notch. Good luck to all the schools this year. :thumb:

Boy, Alcoa really needs to stop crying about the schedule. They put higher quality teams in place of WB & HHS, didn't they? Macallie or WB, Fulton or HHS? come on, looks like to me Alcoa got the better deal in it all.

WB & HHS have both improved. Thanks to two outstanding coaches, Rewis & Meadows. The region is up for grabs (after OR & Owls) I am steping out to say the HHS will make the playoffs this year (the first in how many years?) It should be a showdown at all region games this year. HHS has a much better offense this year. Morgan is doing a great good throwing it around the field. Wiggy hasn't showed what he can do yet and he will, and the backfield is solid with Lindsay, Cains, Rupert,& Kerns.

There "D" is also solid again this year. Coach Shane Rewis has them going all out again. It should be a great year for Blount Co. schools the talent in this county alone is top notch. Good luck to all the schools this year. :thumb:

You have no clue. McCallie and Fulton would absolutely demolish WB or HHS. Just like Alcoa would demolish WB or HHS. Remember that Heritage barely beat a weak 3A Seymour team. Alcoa got a bad deal when they were dropped. They had to pick up two very good opponents and lost two cross town rival games.

• 3 weeks later...

You have no clue. McCallie and Fulton would absolutely demolish WB or HHS. Just like Alcoa would demolish WB or HHS. Remember that Heritage barely beat a weak 3A Seymour team. Alcoa got a bad deal when they were dropped. They had to pick up two very good opponents and lost two cross town rival games.

Just group WB and Heritage together like that :lol: