Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, just stop and buy a paper on your way to the game. I really think the sports department, the huge sports department I get to run :lol: does a decent job with our Gameday Preview. Lot of good stuff in there.

There were a lot of tough games to pick this week, think my percentage will take a nice hit. :lol:

My story should be posted online soon, oakridger.com, as well.

for any Wildcat fan who takes the OR news paper ... what does Tank predict?

Edited by TankTalk

Oh, just stop and buy a paper on your way to the game. I really think the sports department, the huge sports department I get to run :lol: does a decent job with our Gameday Preview. Lot of good stuff in there.

There were a lot of tough games to pick this week, think my percentage will take a nice hit. :lol:

My story should be posted online soon, oakridger.com, as well.

I'll try to get one as I come in town. It will be later that I would like.

I've been single handedly overloading your news paper's web site looking for the article however. Thanks

Will has had three punts so far my man, averaging 44 yards a kick with two of those inside the 20.

On 12 kickoffs, six have been for a touchback. And, if my notes are correct, five of the remaining six were inside the five.

And grad, our computer person usually has the site updated a little after noon. He is whacky though, so who knows for sure.

How is the DB kicking game. I think it will be a big factor tonite. The hidden yardage in the return game could be big. OR has had excellent kicking so far, kick offs and field goals. I think we've only punted once, so not sure about that part.

Edited by TankTalk

Tank, what is your take? I can't get it online either. Personally, I think the young Cats are a little overmatched, especially in the trenches on both sides. However, with our excellent kicking game and return games. Don't count us out. We could pull the W, hard to do though when your over matched on both fronts.

It could be a special teams kinda thing, but basically I think it's a blueprint football game. Ya know, the team that cuts down on mistakes, has the fewest turnovers and wins the field-position battle wins.

I also think someone has to emerge for Oak Ridge. Are Darryl Miller and Jared Stephens 100 percent? If so, they could be factors. No matter what people think, the winner has to win the ground battle. It's not going to be easy, but after watching the DB/Bearden game on film, I think our offense spreads it out better and I think we can actually gain some yards -- enough yards to loosen things up a bit.

Who knows though. A punt return, kick return, defensive touchdown, something has to happen to turn the tide. The defenses are fairly even, physically, neither is imposing up front, but are quick. Despite what some think, the linebacker battle is pretty dang close. I like OR's secondary better. The QB battle, I give OR a slight edge because I think Connor is a better runner and throws the ball better, plus I think he has more weapons to work with.

I actually like our O line better, the tightends need to have a big game, ala Reed Quillen who has caught the ball much better as of late, getting him down the seam could be huge ... we all know what type athlete he is. Both coaches have a bag of tricks, we know that. Which trick play will work ... who calls the best game, I was not impressed with DB's play calling against Bearden to be honest.

We know, X factors like officiating will play a part. Do we get a crew that wants to be part of a big game or a crew that wants to blend.

My God, is it game time yet???

By the way, after looking, thinking, asking my wife (she knows more about football that me), I did in fact pick a 20-17 win by Oak Ridge, maybe just based on the first home game, etc. etc. I really have no idea who will win.

Tank, what is your take? I can't get it online either. Personally, I think the young Cats are a little overmatched, especially in the trenches on both sides. However, with our excellent kicking game and return games. Don't count us out. We could pull the W, hard to do though when your over matched on both fronts.

Edited by TankTalk

Thank you Mr. Tank. I too think that some of our DB supporters are overly optimistic about our Defense. But you can't lay too much on what you saw in the Bearden films. My view is, after seeing them play all 3 games so far, that the offense was dead dog dead at Bearden for 3 quarters and only livened up moderatly in the 4th quarter. And not because of Bearden either. It was Karns all over again. And our offense was sputtering some too. I will not be surprised to see an entirely different team at your "Ship" tonight. But best offense ever is an absolute stretch. This is the 9th year in a row that I have been watching DB football. Attend most away games too. I have seen at least as good defenses at DB in those years. It is possible that some close relationships might be clouding some folks view of things. And that's okay. I would probably do the same.

Start out going SOUTHEAST on W CENTER ST / TN-36 toward SHELBY ST. Continue to follow TN-36. 0.4 miles Map

2: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto E SULLIVAN ST. 0.6 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto N WILCOX DR / TN-126 W. Continue to follow N WILCOX DR. 2.5 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-181 S / JAMES H QUILLEN PKWY / US-23 S. 4.2 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-81 S via EXIT 46B toward KNOXVILLE. 56.4 miles Map

6: Merge onto I-40 W via EXIT 1B toward KNOXVILLE. 45.0 miles Map

7: Take the I-140 E / TN-162 N exit- EXIT 376- toward MARYSVILLE / OAK RIDGE. 0.2 miles Map

8: Merge onto PELLISSIPPI PKWY / TN-162 N via EXIT 376A toward OAK RIDGE. 6.1 miles Map

9: PELLISSIPPI PKWY / TN-162 N becomes TN-62 W. 3.8 miles Map

10: Turn RIGHT onto ramp. 0.2 miles Map

11: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto BOEING RD. 0.2 miles Map

12: Turn LEFT onto MITCHELL RD. 0.2 miles Map

13: Turn RIGHT onto MIDWAY LN. <0.1 miles Map

14: Turn RIGHT onto LAFAYETTE DR. 0.8 miles Map

15: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto OAK RIDGE TURNPIKE / TN-95 N. 0.8 miles

16: Turn LEFT onto GEORGIA AVE.

17: Turn LEFT at Big Ed's (first left you come to)

Stadium's on your right.