Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

Now, can the Tribe hold itself together, not get the big head, get to the playoffs, and beat Oak Ridge for a second time this year?

I've been in Kingsport too long and I've seen DB lose games from one stupid reason to another. I really hope this years team can keep their cool and just keep winning game after game.

Good job on smashing up Oak Ridge.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God's? Who said God's?.. I said awesome Linebacker's... that much better!!... and that was tested and it played out tonight in the SHIP!!

Good luck to Oak Ridge.. It looks like the Region 2 5A Championship will be very much up for grabs.

See ya'll in the Playoffs... in Kingsport

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

WOW..........made me feel a little better about my team.

Congradulations to the Tribe! :unsure:

No, the linebackers still aren't Gods, compared to the Oak Ridge linebackers. Congratulations, DB earned the win, they were head and shoulders the better team.

Surely you would have to say, the OR offense put our linebackers and defense in terrible situations, with the short field.

But trust me, I have been around football long enough, picked games long enough, to be here to accept defeat. DB had much more fire, didn't make the mistakes and are clearly the best team.

And that DB band .... wow!

Good post. It's hard not to talk about turnovers when you fumble on your first three plays and lose two of them, both of which are turned into short TD's, but I thought the turnovers played a role in the final score, not the outcome. DB had a couple of turnovers too, and one of OR's turnovers was meaningless and actually was a mistake by DB (intercepting a pass on 4th down at the goal line and returning it to the 15 rather than batting it down and taking the ball at the 37). OR only moved the ball one time all night against DB's 1st team defense, and DB was simply the better team last night. Throw out the turnovers and I think the game was maybe a reversal of last year's score, where OR was the better team and won 20-3.

I should add that despite the drama of 1 v. 2 and how good the early season matchup is for the fans, I am not a fan of playing OR in the regular season. It's very hard to beat a good team twice in the same season, as DB has proven on multiple occasions with OR. I almost would have preferred a close loss to set things up better for down the road. Almost, but not quite. :unsure:

Yea, ringer you better hope Maryville stays in 4A so East Tn 5A teams have a chance at a gold ball.

congratz to DB

U know I think U Rebs are great. Just need to have some fans reminded that it goes in cycles. Just think, we haven't had a Champion in 5A from E TN since?

1999 Sevier Co! And they have not been in the hunt for a while.

OR came close last year.

I think Maryville will excel in 5A but not like they have in 4A. You will not be bringing the Gold Ball home every year.

Edited by rigger101

Now, can the Tribe hold itself together, not get the big head, get to the playoffs, and beat Oak Ridge for a second time this year?

there is significant possibility that DB will not play the 'Cats again this year. Sadly. But next year we will likely see another flip in who's the best!