Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you Oak Ridge guys get to see the film of the game? If so.. what was your take on the effect of the DB Linebackers on the O-Line and QB play of the Wildcats?

I personally think that the pressure and actions of the DB LB's was a major factor in the game..

Opions if ya got em'

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Art the way we shot ourselves in the foot right off the bat I don't think it would have made any difference who we played last friday nite. Now let me say that Kingsport is a very good ball team and has one of the best coaches in the game. I wouldn't expect any different play from them. We got beat in every aspect of the game by you all and that's all there is to it. Too much ME and not enough We on this team. If our coaches don't get hold of the situation real quick it could a long season for us. If you know what I mean.

I don't think I have ever been this negative before but there is a first time for everything.

I saw the film when OR played Clinton or whoever they played aug 25. They looked the same as when they played DB (DB has a much better team then Clinton). At this point in time, OR has a long way to go till they reach the level of last year.

Edited by rancher

I seriously mean this when I say it... I hope that Stevens get's the right players in the right spot, with the right attitude before too long. Region 2 5A looks like a dog fight from what is happening.

Good luck to my 2nd favorite team

Roll Cats Roll!!

i still think oakridge is overated and the owls take that region

I thought the new school in the Knoxville area was going to be in West Knoxville, I didn't realize it was going to be Austin West High School in Oak Ridge! :lol:

missed that one :lol:

Be nice to know exactly what you were trying to say there. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but.....that could be taken a lot of ways maybe you could be a little more specific.

Edited by Wildmanfan

I hate to say it but this weekend wasn't a big shock to me. While my team didn't quite have what it took to expose the weeknesses like DB could, I knew that it was there. Oak Ridge is a little off right now but the reality is, the season is young and I fully expect the Wildcats to shake it off and continue to get better. Wildcats remember, it isn't how you start but how you finish. Continue to work hard and remember how bad it hurts right now. Come late October and November is when it really counts....

Go Dragons! and Go Wildcats!

Art, I think the pre snap movement of the LBs caused a great deal of confusion for Oak Ridge. Then, on top of that we didn't block them anyway. When we did try to block them they whipped us. Oak Ridge never matched the intensity of the Indians, congratulations DB. That was a tavern style beat down.

Oak Ridge better have a serious gut check, look themselves in mirror and decide if they want to work hard enough to get better and get some things fixed. How could a team in their home opener, in front of 10,000, against one of their biggest rivals, come out flat? I won't say the Cats laid down, but they certainly did not have much fight. That was very disappointing performance.

I thought the new school in the Knoxville area was going to be in West Knoxville, I didn't realize it was going to be Austin West High School in Oak Ridge! :thumb:

WOW! Please explain, because misinterpretation is a bad thing.

Now, if they are going to build a new school, they should a Community College with a football team because I'm sure Oak Ridge have a few players who would've been eligible.