Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

Good Game DB awesome group of kids and an equally awesome band. I know if this was a beer chimerical I wound be disappearing under a large beer can for saying that but they were impressive. DB has a good shot this year. If Oak Ridge cant be there It would be nice to see a classy program like DB get their reward.

You called me out by name OakRidgeCat so hows that crow taste. I do support the Cats but my idea of being a fan and supporting the team doest include making an idiot of myself predicating a win. I predicted the cats to beat the Owls last year and they lost. The difference being Oak Ridge had what it took to win and really should have. Unlike last year I hated being wrong...This year this game I would had loved to have been wrong. Anyone with any sense In my opinion that saw the first two games knew OR didn't have what it takes to win this game and was gonna suffer a loss.

Wanna hear something positive? How bout Will Hudson, he is stepping up to fill the shoes of many great Oak Ridge kickers. There are plays that indicate great things to come and if any Ridge fans stayed to the end of the game like I did saw a glimpse of a future star here at OR and that star is the Irby kid at QB. He is big has a strong arm and the way he didn't just take off runnin when the rush was on but stood strong and completed the play as it was designed. He showed a lot of maturity.

When these sophs are seniors OR will return to prominence. Until then OakRidgeCat better keep those rose colored glasses handy cause he is gonna need em.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you said , look back in the thread .... if you don't want Maryville on a thread , then leave them out of it . You just don't seem to realize how pathetic it is to bring up other sports on a FOOTBALL BOARD ... do you . Whether you admit it or not , you , as a Farragut fan , taking a shot at Maryville in Football ( The post about Maryville with the BIG ZERO was a shot you clown ) is quite hilarious .

I apologize to the OR & DB fans ... but if you don't like Maryville fans on your thread , then tell clowns like this above to quit bringing them up !

pepvol - aka CoachT Maryville Police Patrol :thumb:

Edited by catback

Wildmanfan,

It's a little easier to move it against the third team defense. Against the first defense, one should not move out of the pocket, they should just take the sack. What a stupid comment and reference. If you think the soph class has what it takes you are crazy!! Do they have talent - yes. Are they team oriented - NO!!!!

You don't need rose colored glasses to see that. Hopefully the TEAM will regroup and accomplish their goals, but I can tell you this, I for one cannot wait for this to be over. You asked for it, you got it. Great job!!!!

pepvol - aka CoachT Maryville Police Patrol :thumb:

Yeah I didn't think it was a shot at the Maryville program just a fact that I learned from their fans. Until the Rebs move up it's all talk about playing the 5A programs.

All I know is Maryville has the best coached offensive line I've seen.

Hope to be there to see the next great game between the Cats and Tribe.

Edited by rigger101

Since you felt the need to respond so negatively WildManFan I'll just tell you I will keep my cardinal and gray glasses on (they look good) and support the team both before and after the game, win or lose. The Frosh and Soph classes are good, but I think I will stick with the current group, they have the talent and potential. As Coach Stevens said they will be a different team by week six, and I think he may be right. I think I will continue to support the team 100% of the time, unlike some others. :lol:

Yeah I didn't think it was a shot at the Maryville program just a fact that I learned from their fans. Until the Rebs move up it's all talk about playing the 5A programs.

All I know is Maryville has the best coached offensive line I've seen.

Hope to be there to see the next great game between the Cats and Tribe.

Fine Rigger .. I'll make it a point to start showing up on more Farragut threads .. should be fun ... I look forward to hearing some more about cheerleading & baton twirling championships on the FOOTBALL board ! :lol:

I am sorry if anyone took my comments as a direct insult to any kid on the OR squad. As far as this years QB he earned my respect last year not only did he rise to the occasion he had to step out of the shadow of his older brother which he did. I was talking about high school QB's in general. I hate I wasn't more tactful about that comment I probably could have put a little more thought in how I said that. With that said part of playing that position is when your team wins right or wrong they get a lot of the credit so when they loose they often have to stick their neck out on the chopping block. If your QB is always on the run truthfully it is really a reflection of the line, the big uglies never get enough attention for a win or a loss for that matter, thats just the nature of the beast. My Dad never said everything was gonna be fair

Two or three kids cant carry any team. So I haven't and will not pick on any one kid in this forum or any other.

I think OR could go 8-2 probably will go 7-3 and it is possible to go 6-4. Oak Ridge has been riding high for the last few years. A couple slow years were bound to happen. I am simply saying that time is now. I know its not gonna stay that way...With Oak Ridge's pride and tradition they will soon be back on top again, most likley sooner than later.... Will this team rise up and come together? Well I really hope so, there are kids playing their last year every year and as an adult you want to see all of them win and have a good time but hard times do not build charchter it reveals it and those kids that are winners win or loose will always rise to the top.

If I mis-spelled anything just shoot me

Tnbreakers has a bad taste in his mouth as do a lot of us Wildcat fans, after fridays game. Wildmanfan what both of you are saying is true and correct. Only time will tell if the team will pull together over the rest of the season. Hopefully they wil. But they do have issues that the coaching staff had better get control of or else the Cats are in deep trouble!

:ph34r: If there is a rematch, and I for one believe there will be, as it stands now, Oak Ridge will travel to DB if I understand the playoff system. :ph34r:

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I hope you're right, but if so then the TSSAA has changed the way they had the system set up the last several years. They have been alternating which Region hosts the potential 1 v. 1 seed matchup in the third round, and the alternating schedule happened to be aligned with whichever team (DB or OR) hosted the regular season game. Which is why OR had to come to DB twice in '03, DB had to go to OR twice in '04, etc. (and DB would have hosted OR for the second time last year if they had gotten that far). Anyone know the answer to this for sure?