Cyclones Vs Sullivan North

cyclonehorns

LOOK :ph34r: who the Cyclones just played back to back to back!

It wasn't 1A, 2A, 3A but 1 - 4A horse (TN High) and 2 - 5A Clydesdales (Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill) There were no Grace Christians, no Jellicos, etc.

Whether we should have done that is a mute point. We chose to and we did.

Will it finally pay some benefits?

Will the off week be what the doctor ordered?

On 9-15-2006 the payback comes - Elizabethton Fighting Cyclones 27 Raiders 21

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOK :ph34r: who the Cyclones just played back to back to back!

It wasn't 1A, 2A, 3A but 1 - 4A horse (TN High) and 2 - 5A Clydesdales (Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill) There were no Grace Christians, no Jellicos, etc.

Whether we should have done that is a mute point. We chose to and we did.

Will it finally pay some benefits?

Will the off week be what the doctor ordered?

On 9-15-2006 the payback comes - Elizabethton Fighting Cyclones 27 Raiders 21

And we've been outscored 91-19 it wsa our choice to play DB and SH and remain in 4A and play TH Payback will come on 9-15-06 North is knows this might be the year

North 21 Cyclones 7

44, thats an outstanding post. Ive lurked on here since last year, but decided, after registering last week, that tonight I needed to speak out. I have no child or grandchild on EHS's team, this year or last, either. Been quite a few years since I played, but honestly since Rider left, the decline has been steady. The schedule hasnt really changed but the on the field product sure has. No pride. No discipline. No intensity. No team commitment. We have several quality senior kids who arent playing this year after playing the three years prior. Why? That never never ever happened in Rider's or Lynn Goddards days. Kids lived to play their senior year for the cyclones. It meant something. Pless is a good coordinator, but has not shown he can be a head coach at his school. In my opinion he is on borrowed time right now. I hope he can turn it around. He is a good man. I just dont think the kids by and large are willing to put it on the line for him.

Edited by CycloneSupporter

And we've been outscored 91-19 it wsa our choice to play DB and SH and remain in 4A and play TH Payback will come on 9-15-06 North is knows this might be the year

North 21 Cyclones 7

This one isn't a Cow Towner.

If you people think coming on here and bashing your team is going to help them, you are wrong. You have the kind of AD who will make moves in the off season if things aren't flying right. Too bad he wasn't there 4-5 years ago. Get on the Cow Town Wagon and help your team. Quit the bashing. Things will get corrected but it can't be done now!

44 BEST POST I HAVE EVER HEARD ON HERE.I THINK YOU ARE AFTER MY OWN HEART,BACAUSE I WAS AND STILL AM A CYCLONE.I LEARNED MORE FROM RIDER,HYDER,CHILDERS,TURPIN,HATHAWAY THAN I COULD ONLY IMAGINE.THESE GUYS LOVED THEIR PLAYERS,AND WE RESPECTED THEM FOR IT.IT REALY HURTS TO SEE THIS GROUP OF SENIORS AT WAR WITHOUT A LOT OF THEIR TEAMMATES.BUT THATS LIFE TODAY.YOU HAVE TO REACH OUT TO YOUR KIDS AND FIND OUT WHAT MAKES THEM TICK,THE BASEBALL COACH CERTAINLY DOES.I SAT THERE FRIDAY NIGHT AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING.YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PASSION ABOUT SOMETHING IN LIFE,AND SOME JUST AINT GOT IT.GO CYCLONES :D

I have said most of the same things for a couple of years and have been called names and told I was crazy. I said last year they would go 5-5 and I was right. This year I said 6-4 I might be wrong.

Some people were blinded but have seen the light. I have no family on the team or coaching staff so I see the storm clouds from far away. You get what you put in and if you half do something then you get half in return.

EHS is closer to Unicoi than TN High and South.

Hey there cyclonehorns......I believe you need to get your facts straight before you start mouthing off that you want me "strung up" for getting Justin Harmon into cycling. If you knew the facts you would know that he came to me at the beginning of January and asked me to start training him in cycling. From day one, I made it clear the committment it would take to win the state championship. It is obvious that you know nothing about cycling. Justin trained over three to four hours every day over the summer. Also, losing weight has not hurt his football ability.....the coaches were the ones who decided to sit him out most of the first two games. If you notice, at the end of the fourth quarter against Tennessee High, Justin was one of the few athletes that was not totally exhausted. His fitness level is far above most others on either side of the field.

To clear the false information in your second post, cycling has done quite a bit in my life. I won several state championships and also raced professionally for several years. You were correct, I did not get a cycling scholarship. I went straight to racing with the pros when I graduated high school. Any time you would like to go for a little 100 mile stroll through the East Tennessee mountains, let me know. I would be more than happy to have some company.

Please do not blame Justin's cycling success for the Cyclones losses this season. He is a terrific athlete who should be congratulated for his two state championships. I have been a Cyclone fan for many years and will always be a Cyclone fan (win or lose). My wife and I rarely miss any games. You should do the same and pat Justin on the back. Imagine if you focused your energy you have spent bad-mouthing me and Justin, you could have done something constructive.

Hope everyone has a great week.....See you at the Sullivan North game next Friday....Go Cyclones!!!