smyrna v columbia

underDawgs17

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COlumbia played a decent game tonight, they just couldn't hang with Smyrna. Their best qb is #4. He should have played the whole game for Columbia. #1 is a flat burner too. He had that one long td reception, he was flying. I think this team is better than last years. I have a feeling they will win a few more games this year. Good Luck to them on the rest of the season.

COlumbia played a decent game tonight, they just couldn't hang with Smyrna. Their best qb is #4. He should have played the whole game for Columbia. #1 is a flat burner too. He had that one long td reception, he was flying. I think this team is better than last years. I have a feeling they will win a few more games this year. Good Luck to them on the rest of the season.

they played better than i thought they would

they played better than i thought they would

This may sound crazy but columbia has the best talent of any team we have played so far.

Smyrna once again just has to many weapons. So far teams say lets stop smyrnas running game --well ok smyrna throws 3 td passes and throws for nearly 300 yrds. They say well thats not working lets back off and paly some pass defense - smyrna has 2 backs that rush for over 100 yrds and 3 tds.

Laast night columbia came out and said lets load up to stop the run and make them pass.

I watch smyrna all the time and right now I have no idea what is coming run vs pass and when you throw sonny checking off in the mix it makes every defense play smyrna straight up.

smyrna came out on the 1st drive and did nothing and really seemed a little flat

columbia went 3 and out and the biggest play of the night was tyler slater blocking a punt and recovering it even though smyrna got a filed goal it got the momentum started and smyrna rolled to 17 1st half points.

rueben shadrake had the hardest hit I have ever seen in any level of football on a punt return he caught #23 blind side and you could hear the lick in the top of the stands. I have no idea how #23 even got up ( he walked a few feet and then had to sit down)

colubia all I can say is you have the athletes but very little discipline. Your pass defense was horrendous in every aspect if smyrna had not dropped so many balls it would have been 70 points and 400 yrds passing.

having said that don't be suprised to see columbia win some more games becasue they have some good players.

smyrna just keep focused and do what you are doing

mid week prediction

smyrna 49

columbia 14

every player that scored any of the 58 points for smyrna returns

I am pretty sure every player that scored for columbia graduated

Koeger and no# 22

smyrna returns the same team that scored 58 last yr remeber 55 by halftime before coasting in the second half

the only difference ----- smyrna's starting qb sonny gray is healthy, last yr he was at best 75%

ahem

I was pretty dang close!!

By the way I have neve seen a team get beat so soundly and still run their mouths the whole game!!

#23 who got shalacked by shadrake and did noting all night besides fumble, ran his mouth to the final whistle you would have thought he had ran for 200 yrds and 3 tds when in truth he did nothing

they hit late the entire game and were obviously at the end trying to start fights and hurt players.

and as a added lack of class threw bottles at the team bus as it was leaving

I talked to a kid that played on columbia's team last yr and the yr before and he said discipline is a joke. He said the coach is a good guy and sets rules that are basically ignored by the star players. He has the miss practice type rules most coaches have but never enforces them on the star players.

I have heard this for 10 yrs now about columbia " they have great athletes" well without discipline you will not win.

By the way I have neve seen a team get beat so soundly and still run their mouths the whole game!!

#23 who got shalacked by shadrake and did noting all night besides fumble, ran his mouth to the final whistle you would have thought he had ran for 200 yrds and 3 tds when in truth he did nothing

they hit late the entire game and were obviously at the end trying to start fights and hurt players.

I talked to a kid that played on columbia's team last yr and the yr before and he said discipline is a joke. He said the coach is a good guy and sets rules that are basically ignored by the star players. He has the miss practice type rules most coaches have but never enforces them on the star players.

I have heard this for 10 yrs now about columbia " they have great athletes" well without discipline you will not win.

IN my past experiences with Columbia, ive found that alot of Columbia's teams have this problem, not always, but its been pretty common in the past

The whole town of columbia is a joke.I can say this because i'm from there.

All of our players played pretty good last night. It was a slow start but once we scored a touchdown everyone was hyped up. Then thats where we got a few interceptions and recovered some fumbles. That was a good block by tyler slater and i believe he recovered it after everyone scrambled for it. Their was also some good catches too!

All I have to say is Good Job Guys!!!! :lol: