Katie Hunter Tournament

xqqqqme

Cute. There were 3 refs at one game - the final. Sorry, not adequate. All the games should be given as much weight as the final, IF NOT MORE. Your statement that "a good team will find a way to win" is condescending and frivolous.

Sadly, there is not just a shortage of good refs, but a shortage of refs as a whole. I don't know how many were available in the Knoxville area, or what the needs were, but I don't think that there are enough for the tournament to field 3 refs a game. I also wouldn't put that soley on the tournament director. You can only work with what you have. I wouldn't want to try and put a tournament together like this one. With the caliber of teams, from all over the state, and the number of squads.... no thanks. WAY too much work.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, there is not just a shortage of good refs, but a shortage of refs as a whole. I don't know how many were available in the Knoxville area, or what the needs were, but I don't think that there are enough for the tournament to field 3 refs a game. I also wouldn't put that soley on the tournament director. You can only work with what you have. I wouldn't want to try and put a tournament together like this one. With the caliber of teams, from all over the state, and the number of squads.... no thanks. WAY too much work.

It is an excellent tournament but it has gotten too big. Fewer teams would alleviate many of the difficulties that have been mentioned. But you are right, putting on a tournament of this scale and having it come off well is an extremely challenging task. It would be nice if Middle Tennesse would have a tournament half as good.

It is an excellent tournament but it has gotten too big. Fewer teams would alleviate many of the difficulties that have been mentioned. But you are right, putting on a tournament of this scale and having it come off well is an extremely challenging task. It would be nice if Middle Tennesse would have a tournament half as good.

You are right, it is an excellent tournament which attracts excellent teams from across the state. The amount of work on the part of many people to pull it off I'm sure is exhausting and they should be commended for that hard work. My only complaints are lack of refs for all the games, playing well into the dark on unlighted fields and the last minute shuffling of games to appease a certain few coaches. This is ment to be constructive and not degrogatory to all those individuals who worked so hard to pull this thing off.

My daughter's team was in KT. Lots of moving parts and for the most part, I commend the organizers. From what I gathered the ORHS Soccer Booster Club (read parents of players) are the backbone of the tournament. With parent turnover each year and the # of teams, officials, venues involved the gliches were few. I would pale to think that our parents could or would want to try to pull off a tournament like KT. My only suggestion is to stick with the schedule template--don't move teams around based on coach's whim. DB playing Cumberland Gap was a compete joke--unfair to both teams. And why did one of the teams' withdraw??? Unless there is a real good reason (ie, emergency), that team should look for another tournament next SEP. If you sign up to play KT, play the schedule regardless of your draw.

I haven't had the pleasure of attending this tournament yet. I hear it is a great tournament. Really an amazing feat to have a booster club put this on.

Shortage of refs aside, the two vs. three debate will rage on. Having seen some of both this year, the obvious drawback besides quality and consistency of calls is the safety of the players. In the two ref games that I have seen this year, it seems that there ends up being a higher number of cards given, usually with at least one soft red. Typically this results from the intensity of play increasing during the match away from the ref's eyes. It escalates to the point that it does catch their eye, and they have to give cards to gain control. Let's face it, they are human beings too! Once they begin giving cards, the consistency of what they give cards for is shot which can affect the outcome of a match. From earlier dialoue in this thread, it appears that that may have been the case some at the tournament. That said, the safety of the players is the primary issue. Hopefully, there were no serious injuries due to the two ref system. All in all, have a great time at these tournaments. Bragging rights is usually all that is at stake. I don't believe that they affect anything but mid-season rankings, not who plays at State.

who made all tournament

i know that Hayley Sloan and Ana Grace Gerheart made from siegel

Katie Hunter Invitational Tournament – All Tourney Team

Player School Position Grade

Kinsella, Molly St Agnes Academy F 12

Kinsella, Megan St Agnes Academy F 12

Hancock, Allie St Agnes Academy D 12

Grigg, Anna Franklin F 9

Doolan, Alyssa Franklin D 11

Sharp, Sarah Franklin MF 12

Buckley, Brianna Oak Ridge D 12

Lee, Angela Oak Ridge F 12