Centennial @ Blackman

ambiguousrock

As far as I knew I didn't know there were 11 Jeremy Mimms on the football team. Yes, he's a vital role of the team, but even if he does or doesn't play it's the 10 other guys that make the difference. In order to win you must play with a team effort, not rely on one player to win the game. So, regardless if Mimms plays or not, this shold be a good game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put this one in the W column for Blackman even without Mimms. Not so sure that Oakland is the patsy that you think.

How'd that work out for you last year? I believe that Mimms missed the first half of this game last year, and Centennial went up by around 21-0 without him in the lineup. If Mimms doesn't play, Centennial WILL win, no doubt in my mind.

Over the last few years, there hasn't been a team more confident and less successful that Blackman.

How'd that work out for you last year? I believe that Mimms missed the first half of this game last year, and Centennial went up by around 21-0 without him in the lineup. If Mimms doesn't play, Centennial WILL win, no doubt in my mind.

Over the last few years, there hasn't been a team more confident and less successful that Blackman.

Three weeks in, rumor is that some of the freshmen that piled up 41 against Riverdale will be dressing for the game. Still freshmen, but a few game changers may see action.

Ah, another ploy of the Blackman faithful. "Our freshman beat the snot out of (enter team)'s freshman team!”

Freshman football does not matter. There is a huge difference between the physiological makeup of a 15 year old and an 18 year old. It's fine and dandy to have freshman beat up on each other, but don't come on here and tell me that your freshman are going to make the difference in this game.

Once again, if Mimms doesn't play, Centennial wins. If he does, it’s a toss up between two of the worst teams in 5A.

Lucas, not sure what your post means. I'm not saying I disagree with you, I just don't know what you meant. Could you clalrify?

Also, BDD- we both know Gregory isn't going to pass 30 times. I think the most times I ever saw them pass was the Franklin game in '05 (the Tim Leach game). Funny thing, they passed a lot and were one miracle play away from beating the #2 team in the state. You'd think maybe it would have continued a little bit...

That was 2004 and while Tim gets credit for picking it up and THUNDERING 80 yards it was actually Mac Hibbett that stripped the hand off and to me was the real hero.

Centennial was ahead and driving with three minutes left, on FHS 20, they could have taken a knee three times, turned it over on downs, and as well as their defense was playing, have won the game.

By the way, I believe Tim Leach was the best lineman to play in Williamson County in the last six or seven years. Started both ways at tackle for three years and never missed a down . If he was 6'3" instead of 5'10 and 270 he would have and perhaps should have been the most highly recruited lineman. Doubt their were ever any faster from sideline to sideline. Its a shame college football is played with cookie cutter 6'3" 275 pound lineman.

All Im saying is there has to be a change in coaching at centennial. The fact that we have never beaten Brentwood or Franklin is enough evidence. They have done so little with so much talent there and its not going to get any better. Most of the schools in that county are open zoning and almost every athlete that has a choice is advoiding CHS like the plague. They know the schools past and all can see where its headed. CHS will never beat FHS,BMS,IHS,RHS, or Page for that matter as long as Gregory is in charge. Thats all I am saying.