SCIENCE HILL vs. TENNESSEE HIGH

PowrPlus

everyone knows that the best offenses have a balanced attack. 60 % run 40% pass, if you don't use the passing game effectively, then stick to the run. If THS can pass then the best thing for them to do is practice it in game situations. How do you know they can pass? watching practice? this is not a true test. If they can pass then they are stupid for not using it more to open up the running game more.

I'm afraid I have to disagree on this point. If you can run it down a team's throat without throwing a pass, why would you want to throw it? Like you stated, throwing a few passes will help open up the ground game, but it looks to me like the ground game was already wide open. There's just no reason to pass if they can't stop your running game.

1. You're already moving the ball quite well.
  2. The ground game eats clock and keeps them from getting the ball.
  3. Passing when you don't need to only presents them with opportunities to get turnovers and make big plays.

Do you need a good passing game? Of course you do.

But you don't ned to use it until you need to use it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go to last Friday's game, PowrPlus?

Yes, I did see the game. Certainly Tennessee High has a good running game. I think Science Hill has a good running game too. Tennessee High seems to be more disciplined and consistent, where Science Hill may not be as disciplined, but does show flashes of speed and power. Plus Science Hill (in my opinion) is bigger and faster on defense and able to run down a mistake. Maybe that won't be the case at the Castle! I believe it will be a good measuring stick for both teams to tell where they truly are. I can’t wait to see what happens. :D

Yes, I did see the game. Certainly Tennessee High has a good running game. I think Science Hill has a good running game too. Tennessee High seems to be more disciplined and consistent, where Science Hill may not be as disciplined, but does show flashes of speed and power. Plus Science Hill (in my opinion) is bigger and faster on defense and able to run down a mistake. Maybe that won't be the case at the Castle! I believe it will be a good measuring stick for both teams to tell where they truly are. I can’t wait to see what happens. :)

It certainly will. Both teams face DB. They'll be a huge task for any team in this area.

How do you think the Hilltopper's defense will adjust if the Vikings run a double tight set similar to last week?

If Science Hill is able to establish the running game and allow the backs to get into the second level with space, the passing game won't matter. I'm sure that the Vikings will scheme to keep the offense from getting to the edge so the running between the tackles will be key and I believe 2 years ago Scott had an field day doing just that.

The score from the 2004 season was:

THS 49

SHHS 14

I don’t think that was the year you were thinking of!! :lol::ph34r:

The score from the 2004 season was:

THS 49

SHHS 14

I don’t think that was the year you were thinking of!! :lol::thumb:

I was thinking that was Scott's first varsity game after his brother had tore up his knee. To be honest, my son was dressing then and I went to Crockett so I wasn't to tore up about that one;).....Now I'm all Topper so I will take last years results....lol

I was thinking that was Scott's first varsity game after his brother had tore up his knee. To be honest, my son was dressing then and I went to Crockett so I wasn't to tore up about that one;).....Now I'm all Topper so I will take last years results....lol

Fair enough…I was at that one also. :( “Shoun to Joslin…Shoun to Joslin…Shoun to Joslin”!!!! :o Believe me…we all remember! :lol:

After watching the Tennessee High and Elizabethton game on TV Tuesday night, I’m going to pick Science Hill by 12.

That was an oxymoronic statement!! How did you come to that conclusion after watching THS close out the first half of the game with a 34-0 lead and SHHS closed out the first half against the same team with barely a 7 point lead???? If you’re just looking at the two games it’s not hard to do the math! :D

Let me just remind you of the post game headlines for both teams on tricitiesspots.com….

Thomas Sparks Vikings Past Cyclones, 35-6

VS.

Science Hill Holds Off Elizabethton, 21-7