SCIENCE HILL vs. TENNESSEE HIGH

PowrPlus

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough said!!!! :unsure:

Yeah, TH did an great job of executing their game plan. The screen play was beautiful and what a punt. Hard to believe that the only plays that the Toppers ran in the third quarter was up against their own goal line. I'll go to my grave thinking that the ball broke the plane but great hustle and coverage by the Vikings. I'm going to save my analysis of the game till the morning after I can get some of the confusion of of some of the decisions made by our coaching staff out of my system. Not to take anything away from the coaching staff or players of Tennessee High, they did what they needed to and deserve the win. Little disappointed in all the personal foul penalties the Vikings were flagged for though.

Little disappointed in all the personal foul penalties the Vikings were flagged for though.

You’re not the only one who was disappointed! Trash talking is a way of life for the Carver boys. Unfortunately we’re not privy to that competitive edge in these parts. Believe me…there will be “H-E-double hockey sticks" to pay in practice next week!

Congratulations, Tennessee High, to a job well done. Beautiful screen pass, which fooled us real bad. I was surprised by the size and the power of the Vikings. I knew when the Topper offense didn’t score within the 10 yard line that they didn’t deserve to win this contest.

Tennessee High should be excited about this season and look forward to going deep into the playoffs.

Science Hill . . .They played hard and played tough! But . . . but, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in some of the offensive play calls by the SH coaching staff. That is all I am going to say about that for now.

Good luck TH to the rest of your season. :unsure:

Some things we are positive of:

1. Science Hill is not Betsy- they are stronger and faster on both sides of the ball especially on defense. They don't have the turmoil that Betsy is going through and are still trying to keep their record intact heading into confrence play. They will not mail it in when the breaks go against them.

2. Science Hill's offense is still trying to find itself but it is good enough to get bye most teams in this area on talent and size. Tennessee High's defense hasn't been tested to this point. Yes their two games were suppose to be against good offenses but they weren't. If Science Hill moves the ball effectively, see number 3.

3. Tennessee High hasn't showed itself yet. Why? Some of it has to do with not having to and some of it may be keeping your cards close to the vest. Science Hill will have the best defense that the Vikings have seen to this point, if they get into passing situations will they be able to handle the pressure that this defense will be able to bring with their front 4?

4. Special Teams will be an factor. Science Hill's kickoff and punt coverage teams will minimize any return opportunities and their return teams are TDs waiting to happen. Haven't seen anything in TH's to make me think that SH doesn't have an advantage.

5. Backup qbs may be the difference. I believe that The Hill has one that can be an spark, does TH have one? I don't want to see anyone get hurt but I believe that Thomas will take alot of hard hits in this game and will he be able to keep his composure.

6. Speed. Science Hill has alot all over the place, if you didn't see Jordan Castle(de) chase down the Central running back. They will be able to make up for mistakes and take advantage of them.

7. Coaching.I give this one to TH based on the fact that they all seem to be on the same page all the time. This will be the most disciplined team that the Toppers have played this season and they will need to be able to execute, execute execute because the Vikings will be doing just that.

8. Atmosphere. I believe that Science Hill will be louder and if they can jump up early they will kill any homefield advantage in this one. I like the stadium and the atmosphere but if the close location and the size of Science Hill band (and their parents) the visitor side will be filled. The weather's finally looking good and it will be an packed house with an incredible atmosphere for high school football.

With all these factors and a few more that I have knowledge of, I'm still leary on making an predication on this one. I know that Science Hill will have to come out ready for this one or they will get hit in the mouth and I don't know if they are a team that can "wake up" or get knocked out. This is as good a game they could be playing before heading to Sevier County next week, will they be thinking about that? Lots of questions.......and I don't have nearly the answers that I would like to have. I know that there are fired up Hilltoppers looking forward to this game and that they will be ready.

Hilltoppers by 8. :unsure:

1. Tennessee High did a great job of taking the fight to Science Hill. They are an good group of athletes. They were able to to create mismatches and took advantage of Science Hill's speed and use it to there advantage. The screen pass comes to mind big time.

2. Science Hill's offense never seemed to found an rhythm and shot themselves in the foot when they did make something happen. I believe that they still maybe still searching for the right personnel but the coaches can do a better job of either adapting to the abilties of te players or find the players that can do what they want done.

3. Tennessee High threw enough passes to keep Science Hill off balance. The defense toughened up when they needed to and got stops but some of that may have been with the Vikings getting conservative and knowing that they could get the Science Hill offense off the field.

4. Tennessee High kickoff coverage was able to prevent scores but Science Hill's returners were able to set the offense up with good field postion. The punt that I will go to my grave believing broke the plane was the back breaker. After 3 dives, Science Hill punted and TH scored the touchdown that made it an 2 score game. Very well could have been the play of the game.

5. Teneessee High did a great job of protecting Thomas on passes and keeping him from taking big hits. Science Hill got an glimpse of theirs the last two drives. Had and fumble kill one drive that they were moving on and an well thrown pass dropped in the end zone.

6. Speed was shown by both teams. Alexander on an interception return and Howard(?) on the screen pass. Both teams had good returns but were able to prevent touchdowns. Did Science Hill take advantage of theirs, not too sure.

7. Coaching. After first and goal, Science Hill found itself fourth and goal from the 2, down 9 with 6 minutes left in the game. The call? Hitch to the outside receiver for an loss of two. Tennessee High had the ball the whole 3rd quarter except for 3 plays. Was very disappointed in the FIVE personal foul penaltys comitted by the Vikings and more so that The Hill was able to take advantage of the them.

8. Great atmosphere. The Viking side really responded to the players actions on the field and were in the game the entire night. Maybe sitting on the Science HIll side I can't hear it but WE can do alot more to support the team.

Injury free game from what I saw.Sat with some really cool Viking fans who were able to withstand my hollaring and jumping around while talking about the game. Great night for some football except for the loss for the Toppers. Good luck to the Vikings and go win the rest of them. They seem to know what they need to do to win and execute the plan. I just had the wrong team by 8.

Congrats Tennessee High Vikings . . . I hope you all go undefeated :thumb:

Yes. Congrats, Vikes. Good to see you guys back on the CoachT. November '04 seems like acouple of years ago. Certainly think you will get South this year and MoWest. Will be great to see you in Knox area again come Nov.

This was one for the ages. A very exciting game. While neither team played perfect and made their share of mistakes, you could not ask for more out of a high school football game.

You had big plays. How bout that 60 yard screen play for a touchdown and that 20 yard TD with a defender in your face and two men covering your receiver in the corner of the endzone as he makes a catch falling backwards and holding on?!!! Not bad for a team that "can't throw the ball". You had a punt downed at the one foot line and yes after looking at the replay it did land in the field of play not the endzone. Great job by the punter and the player to down it. Oh, and there were two safeties on the ensuing possesion that were not called. Plus you had three consecutive 1st and goal stands by the Viking defense. For the Toppers you had the interception return for the touchdown. For both teams there was a lot of hard hitting all night long.

This game really came down to two things...Coaching, Stubbs and company had a better game plan and executed it better. And the Viking Defense...They refused to let Science Hill into the endzone. This past Friday was the first true test of the season. DB & South loom large. As far as a long playoff run and a return trip to the Knoxville area. There is still a lot of football left to be played.