Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East

EASTFAN

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Morristown East Win a close game 21-14. Morristown has no player

playing both ways. This should help late in the game because Jeff Co. got

worn down when the played Morristown West. Go canes!

True. But Jeff is starting to substitute better. The O line still has to start blocking better. I think it will be close as you say but Jefferson County comes out on top. I heard your field is trashed. Will it be ready in time for Friday? And who should Jefferson County fans watch for on East as play makers?

I think the outcome will depend on the QB situation at Jeff Co. If Zach is healthy and starts, Jeff Co by roughly a TD, possibly as little as a FG. If Spencer starts, then Morristown East by at least a TD. The offense is much more stable and productive with Zach under center.

Edited by billiard13

The field looked fine for the Volunteer game.....until they actually played on it. At one point there was a chunk of turf the size of a small washtub that got peeled up. There is no way they can get the field ready unless it gets about four or five weeks to "root" itself and that won't happen until late November.

I will be curious about the ME and JC game, don't know much about either team.

The field has been a problem for years. I think they will have it ready by

Friday night. both teams will just have to adjust to the field. How good is

Morristown East? They seem to play just good enought to get a win.

The rain is not going to help in getting it ready. East and West just need to plan on playing in mud this year as long as we are home. I believe there were good intentions in trying to make the field better, but the job was done much to late in the year. I understand that they had to wait until soccer was over, but it should have been done the day after soccer was over. It looks as though all the money spent this summer is going to be wasted. The turf was extremely loose Friday night after the little bit of rain last week. I cannot imagine what East is going to have to put up with after the rain we are supposed to have this week.

In any event, good luck East.