Obion Co makes the trip to Gibson Co

VOREBS

Ok, now let's look at week 3, OC travels just south of Dyer to take on the Gibson Co Pioneers. What are your thoughts on this game? Both teams will be looking to rebound from big losses in week 2. OC must FORGET about the Crockett game, and move on. The past two years, this has been a very entertaining game. Last year, all offense, in a high scoring affair. Cunningham is a good back for GC, but I think OC has too many weapons, and will come out of this one 2-1, and start preparations for Dyer Co, which has now become a BIG regional game for both clubs. But first things first, GC is the team of interest for the next week, and the Rebels need, and I think will get win #2 of the still young season.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now let's look at week 3, OC travels just south of Dyer to take on the Gibson Co Pioneers. What are your thoughts on this game? Both teams will be looking to rebound from big losses in week 2. OC must FORGET about the Crockett game, and move on. The past two years, this has been a very entertaining game. Last year, all offense, in a high scoring affair. Cunningham is a good back for GC, but I think OC has too many weapons, and will come out of this one 2-1, and start preparations for Dyer Co, which has now become a BIG regional game for both clubs. But first things first, GC is the team of interest for the next week, and the Rebels need, and I think will get win #2 of the still young season.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i do believe this one will be another shootout...with gibson co. havin cunningham and gibson co.'s defense not doing so hot i do believe this will be another high scoring game..i think cunningham will run wild again this year and gibson co. will win 42-35

Cunningham will probably get over 100 yards but I don't think he goes for 370 and 7 TD's again.

If I was a coach it would be my priority to see that he doesn't get much over a 100....358 or whatever it was last year is an embarrassing amount of yardage to give up to one back...If I got beat it wouldn't be because one guy has 7 touchdowns....

It will be tough because Gibson Co. has one game circled on their schedule as one they think they can win and it's the Rebels....The Rebels have lost two of the most disappointing games I have ever been associated with to the Pioneers the last two years....It's time to make them pay for it...I think the Rebels rebound from the loss to Crockett County..The Pioneers aren't as good as Dresden and they are definitely no Crockett Co....

OC Rebels-35

Gibson Co.-14

If I was a coach it would be my priority to see that he doesn't get much over a 100....358 or whatever it was last year is an embarrassing amount of yardage to give up to one back...If I got beat it wouldn't be because one guy has 7 touchdowns....

It will be tough because Gibson Co. has one game circled on their schedule as one they think they can win and it's the Rebels....The Rebels have lost two of the most disappointing games I have ever been associated with to the Pioneers the last two years....It's time to make them pay for it...I think the Rebels rebound from the loss to Crockett County..The Pioneers aren't as good as Dresden and they are definitely no Crockett Co....

OC Rebels-35

Gibson Co.-14

haha oh yes...we prepare soooooooooo hard for that "rival" game with central from that hard fought 7-3a region...so much rides on that 1 game...dont worry yall werent the only ones that loss to us last year but u were the only ones to give antoine over 350 yards rushin and a nice little state record that might last a few years...oh yea if its the most disappointing losses ever tell your boys when they scrimmage us on homecoming next time to not go out and get drunk thie night before :lol: ...but hey obion central is better this year kudos to ya'll...hopefully this will be a great game..

haha oh yes...we prepare soooooooooo hard for that "rival" game with central from that hard fought 7-3a region...so much rides on that 1 game...dont worry yall werent the only ones that loss to us last year but u were the only ones to give antoine over 350 yards rushin and a nice little state record that might last a few years...oh yea if its the most disappointing losses ever tell your boys when they scrimmage us on homecoming next time to not go out and get drunk thie night before :lol: ...but hey obion central is better this year kudos to ya'll...hopefully this will be a great game..

Every game means something, this one is no different. You make light of how GC will prepare soooo hard for this game, well you better prepare, because OC will be prepared for your Pioneers come Friday. As for the comment about last year and the night before, you speak of things you do not know, but I think you will find this Rebel team will speak on the field come Friday.

We will see come Friday

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every game means something, this one is no different. You make light of how GC will prepare soooo hard for this game, well you better prepare, because OC will be prepared for your Pioneers come Friday. As for the comment about last year and the night before, you speak of things you do not know, but I think you will find this Rebel team will speak on the field come Friday.

We will see come Friday

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GC was talking about year before last when some of the upperclass Rebels held a little party the night before the game with the Pioneers...I'm told it did happen...Other than that the post made little sense....

VOREBS...I would really be disappointed in a less than stellar effort against the Pioneers,but I have been disappointed in games between these two before....

GC was talking about year before last when some of the upperclass Rebels held a little party the night before the game with the Pioneers...I'm told it did happen...Other than that the post made little sense....

VOREBS...I would really be disappointed in a less than stellar effort against the Pioneers,but I have been disappointed in games between these two before....

backintha....I agree, I think this bunch of Rebs will respond. this is a team heavy with seniors, and juniors who have been thru the wars. This group knows and will be reminded all week that this is just week three, of a long season. But you know I don't think we need any motivation for this week. Reading the thread on the Milan/GC game, it seems that past Cunningham, GC is looking for another offensive threat. I do look for the Rebels to find Cunningham repeatedly in this game. Early pick: OC 35 GC 7.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

backintha....I agree, I think this bunch of Rebs will respond. this is a team heavy with seniors, and juniors who have been thru the wars. This group knows and will be reminded all week that this is just week three, of a long season. But you know I don't think we need any motivation for this week. Reading the thread on the Milan/GC game, it seems that past Cunningham, GC is looking for another offensive threat. I do look for the Rebels to find Cunningham repeatedly in this game. Early pick: OC 35 GC 7.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might have to assign Savion Hayslett to Cunningham if I was coach.... :lol:

OC Rebels-35

Gibson Co.-14

the bolded part above is what i was mocking...u were sayin that we have one game circled on our schedule and it was obion central...i was makin fun because this game means nothing in region play and u were makin it sound like gibson co. prepares for ya'll from 2 a days till now...anyways i look for this to be a great game however i do not think it will be a 21 point difference whoever wins...14 at the most with it being a close game the hole night :blink:

the bolded part above is what i was mocking...u were sayin that we have one game circled on our schedule and it was obion central...i was makin fun because this game means nothing in region play and u were makin it sound like gibson co. prepares for ya'll from 2 a days till now...anyways i look for this to be a great game however i do not think it will be a 21 point difference whoever wins...14 at the most with it being a close game the hole night :angry:

True, it means nothing in region play, but with both teams coming off of losses last week, this game has become more imortant to both clubs. Both need to win, and get back on track before week 4's region games. Plus GC has taken the last couple fo games from OC, when most in Rebel country think both games could have and should have been a Rebel win. So yes it does matter, and while no it is not a region game, in the grand scheme of things, this game will be a big win for one of these clubs, and that club will be Obion Co.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!