Obion Co makes the trip to Gibson Co

VOREBS

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Sep 3 2006 - 05:19 PM)

the bolded part above is what i was mocking...u were sayin that we have one game circled on our schedule and it was obion central...i was makin fun because this game means nothing in region play and u were makin it sound like gibson co. prepares for ya'll from 2 a days till now...anyways i look for this to be a great game however i do not think it will be a 21 point difference whoever wins...14 at the most with it being a close game the hole night

A little known and obviously very seldom used 11th Commandment......

Thou shalt not mock backinthaoc.....

But,my friend GCPioneer...Two years ago and also last year there were posts about how players felt they "could" beat some other teams but "knew" they could beat the Rebels....Every team all the way from coaches to players to fans look at their schedule and try to forecast their season...You have teams on a schedule that you mark as teams you should beat..That's what I'm talking about...Region game or not...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bolded part above is what i was mocking...u were sayin that we have one game circled on our schedule and it was obion central...i was makin fun because this game means nothing in region play and u were makin it sound like gibson co. prepares for ya'll from 2 a days till now...anyways i look for this to be a great game however i do not think it will be a 21 point difference whoever wins...14 at the most with it being a close game the hole night :lol:

Dude you pick a upset this past week vs Milan...get it through your head football is not Gibson Countys sport this year

Obion 41-13

Obion is a darn good football team. They played us pretty much even in the second half after adjusting their playcalling. I think this is an underrated coaching staff and i forsee the Rebs making a statement by rebounding from last week and downing the pioneers.

Also, i think the loss of Doug Argo was a huge one for Gibson Co. That program was on the way back up, and now it would appear they are back at square one.

Logan Parker will account for two-three total touchdowns (his passing is underrated), Cunningham will be contained to within 125-130 yards, and Obion win 27-17.

im goin with obion in this one...this games means nothing but a W or L paper....

Obion 49

Gibson 7

Obion is no Milan..49-7???NOWAY.. If GC loses THAT bad then I will eat my computer monitor.. I guess we will just have to see about the outcome...I Predict an outcome close to last year's..High scoring and close

gc508...u must be a player....im guessin 55 is your number and 08 is when u graduate..its good to have faith in your team like that but u must kno that eating a computer monitor can be bad for your health....with that said... i made a suprise trip and saw the milan gc game.....and if you guys dont get antone runnin with athority unlike the other night and get your O-line and D-line blowin off the ball you guys are in a world of hurt like last week....oh yea..and get the qb to not be so scared and step up like minyard did

gc508...u must be a player....im guessin 55 is your number and 08 is when u graduate..its good to have faith in your team like that but u must kno that eating a computer monitor can be bad for your health....with that said... i made a suprise trip and saw the milan gc game.....and if you guys dont get antone runnin with athority unlike the other night and get your O-line and D-line blowin off the ball you guys are in a world of hurt like last week....oh yea..and get the qb to not be so scared and step up like minyard did

like i have said in other threads this game with obion co. central will be only vincents 4th game of his young career...minyard was the same exact way his first year at qb believe it or not...and im sure u were too when u were qb at gibson co...im sure its not easy to get ur first snaps in high school and have everyone expect u to make mr football ur first year...anyhow a little over 24 hours until gametime :(

First off A. Cunningham won't win any state awards for player of the week....He was bottled up all night...104.9 had him with 44 total yards rushing....

This win was a good rebound from last week,but once again the Rebels are going to dealing with an injury...This one to probably the most important player on the team...Logan Parker,all Region 7-3A quarterback,went down on the fourth play of the game with a broken collar bone...This is the second such injury in consecutive weeks...Brady Boucher,a soph,came in and did a decent job in a reserve role...

The Rebels dominated the Pioneers from the opening kick-off..To be honest this is a very bad Pioneer ball club...They fumbled on the first play of each of their first three possessions and Obion Central scored on two of them...The Rebels led 20-0 just about 8 mins into the game....The Rebels then had a 51 yard TD pass from Boucher to Cameron Bailey called back...The score could have been 28-0 in the first quarter....

The Rebels got alot of work to do this week in getting prepared for Dyer Co....I think it will be very important for the 16 seniors on this club to rally around Brady Boucher and make him feel as comfortable as possible..He is going to be the man the rest of the year.....Just like Logan had to step up in his soph season when Garrett Grady went down with a season ending injury...I don't know what is going on with the injuries this year..It's almost like this program is jinxed...Logan runs the ball 22 times last week against Crockett County and got pretty much pounded and he runs the ball twice this week and gets hurt...The player just grabbed him around the shoulder pads and fell on him..Just a freak thing.....I know all the Rebel Nation will be praying for Logan and hoping for a full recovery...

Now you know me,I have to say something about the radio coverage of the game...Being in Dyer,I could not get 104.9 with Russ Barker and Danny Carr so I had to listen to 93.1..I'm going to tell you,they didn't do a very good job,to say the least...If any of them are reading this,here are few things you need to know...

1.It's JACOB Fulbright not JASON...

2.Mark Grooms is a SENIOR not a soph...

3.Mark Grooms did NOT replace Jacob Fulbright...Mark is a "S" back...Jacob played slot....

4.Justin Ogden replaced Jacob

5.Hunter Calhoun replaced Justin Ogden

6.The Rebels were NOT playing their first team on the last drive of the game...Steven Weaks,for whatever reason,was in the game on the line

7.The one that really blew me away....Logan Parker STARTED the game and was hurt on the 4th play...The radio crew missed this and was saying that Boucher started the game and they didn't know where Parker was....Well guys he got hurt and they took him to the hospital...Way to be all over that one....

I hate it when people are not prepared for what they are supposed to be doing....

Danny and Russ it will be a huge pleasure to be listening to you guys again next Friday!!!!!