Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

Haha Franklin fans! What a JOKE!

Very, very weak. I didn't hear a peep from the Rebel faithful at all. Third and goal to go for FR and the student fans were nowhere to be found.

Independence will bring it. Maybe the fans were confused because it was an "away" game.

Franklin looked very solid but not unbeatable. Several coverage mishaps could spell trouble against the Eagles. The front 7 are phenomenal though. Campbell is built like a beast but just don't ask him to take a hit.

Sellers looked very comfortable, even though he made one really bad read on the slant...the first pick was just a fluke play. Deonta Murray is going to be really tough to contain.

When does Hardison return?

This is shaping up to be a great battle of wills: Indy's high-powered offense versus Franklin's dominant defense. We'll see who comes out on top.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out at indy will just face it.. We're never good enough for everyone else and i for one think that is a motivational tool for them to use. This would be a different story if we were barely beating these schools but that is not the case. We've worked hard to earn those and for no one to pay respect..us at indy say THANK YOU and we will shock the world again on the 15th..good day

Well Kid I dont think anybody out of TN will even see this game. So i dont know about shocking the world. I think if Franklin can use their speed and shut down indy's passing game they will win fairly easy, but if not its going to be a scoring fest. Then its up for grabs. I say franklin 35 Indy 24

Billyjoe,

I don't quite understand what you're getting at. This might help you out, though.

Metaphor (n): a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance.

Does that assist your reading of HitEmUp's post? I would certainly hope so.

I don't understand when people make two conflicting statements about a game and then make a prediction. That'd be like me saying:

Franklin should win...unless Independence wins. Therefore, I pick Franklin.

Back your predictions up with quality information! That's all we ask here at CoachT. Goodnight.

Edited by donathan5507

I would also like to point out that Grassland Generals are 3-0. The teams they've beat are very good teams. "HOOOOAAAAHHHH"

WHO ###### CARES!! (Take that post to the middle school forum...and while you are there...STAY THERE!)

And man...get some sleep...posting at 1am?? No wander you are flunking study hall! :thumb:

Well Kid I dont think anybody out of TN will even see this game. So i dont know about shocking the world. I think if Franklin can use their speed and shut down indy's passing game they will win fairly easy, but if not its going to be a scoring fest. Then its up for grabs. I say franklin 35 Indy 24

Franklin 35?? No way!!

FHS Offense is no where near 35 good...and the Indy Defense is much tougher than most think! But hey...you and all of FHS keep thinking that FHS can score 35! :thumb:

It's been a while since my last post - but to all the old time posters, good to be back!

Stats to consider:

Indy is averaging 38 points per game, but the teams they have played have allowed others to score 34 points per game in their other contests.

Franklin is averaging 23.5 points per game, but the teams they have played have allowed others to score 12.7 points per game in their other contests.

Edge goes to Franklins Offense.

Indy defense has given up an average of 7.67 points per game, but again their opponents have only scored and average of 11.1 points per game in their other contests.

Franklin defense has given up 7.25 points per game, their opponents have averaged 29.0 points per game in their other contests.

Edge goes to Franklins Defense.

Overall - Indy's opponents record not including the Indy results is 1 - 7. Franklins opponents record outside the Franklin results is 8 - 2. Again, Franklin has played a much tougher schedule to date - Edge to Franklin.

All that said, the results are what happens on the field, 15 to 18 year old players, County Scrum, toss out the stats, hope everyone stays healthy. I believe Franklin comes out on top by 7.

Edited by faninthestand

I belieave Franklin's defense has only given up 22pts(7 more if you add the late td in the Oakland game) in 4 games. That is an average of 5.5 a game. This against 2 average offenses(Lincoln Co,Oakland) and 2 very good offenses(Ravennwood,Father Ryan). I believe Indy ranks with Ravenwood and Father Ryan, but not any better.

With that being said, I don't see Indy scoring more than one TD. Franklin on offense is getting better each week. They have the big play potiental and will have 3-4 again this week. Once they start to role offensively I believe they will be unbeatable.

My prediction Franklin 26, Indy 7